Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Scarlet Witch brutally murdering the illuminati was worth the price of admission.

On the whole the movie was good. Only major problem I had was Wong giving up the origin of the Darkhold so easily. That was lame as fuck and ruined his character. Scarlet Witch should have just forcefully taken the info from his head. She got her powers from the mind stone right which also explains how she managed to beat professor X at his own game.
Wong is a straight up punk.

Stover678

Lord Nagafen Raider
This movie is abject shit. How we went from one of the, arguably, greatest battle scenes in superhero cinematic history - that of Captain America wielding Mjolnir against Thanos - to Dr. Strange fighting himself with music notes and kids throwing toys at the Scarlet Witch is fucking beyond me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its doing very well, but way behind No Way Home . thats to be expected because everyone loves Spiderman, Doctor Strange isnt in his league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
just saw it. a friend of mine asked if it was as "horror" as the trailers seem to want to hint at... it's not. well... it's not "HORROR" but it's definitely a Sam Raimi movie. while it's not horror, the best description might be "horror-adjacent." there are scenes that are filmed like a horror film, but what's actually happening ISN'T horror. it's kind of odd in the regard, but then again, this is based on a character called dr STRANGE.

anyway, i liked it and the illuminati intro had some cool musical beats that made me smile.
Hearing the '97 X-Men theme when Charles rolled in was pretty awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Enjoyed this, not amazing as Spider-Man and I’m curious how Scarlet will come back from this but I give it an 8 only because I feel she did a great job of her portrayal of that role in this movie. Her crazy and justification was on a whole other level.

fris

Vyemm Raider
This movie is abject shit. How we went from one of the, arguably, greatest battle scenes in superhero cinematic history - that of Captain America wielding Mjolnir against Thanos - to Dr. Strange fighting himself with music notes and kids throwing toys at the Scarlet Witch is fucking beyond me.
I wouldn't say shit, but that scene didn't impress me

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
It was ok. Lots I didn't like about it. Illuminati scene was good. I didn't like America Chavez, and to be honest, there was a ton of girl power throughout that I am just tired of. It was a pretty weak House of M interpretation.

I really like Dr. Strange as a character, but what he needed was something like Guillermo Del Toro. A Pan's Labyrinth or Hellboy visual style film would suit him far, far better (imo).

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was ok. Lots I didn't like about it. Illuminati scene was good. I didn't like America Chavez, and to be honest, there was a ton of girl power throughout that I am just tired of. It was a pretty weak House of M interpretation.

I really like Dr. Strange as a character, but what he needed was something like Guillermo Del Toro. A Pan's Labyrinth or Hellboy visual style film would suit him far, far better (imo).
Does Del Toro even make those kinds of films anymore? I havent heard about his films in a while. I assume they arent so awesome anymore since those ten year old films are what people use for examples.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Why did they hire a bunch of different actors that didn’t look much like Tom Holland to show different multiverse Spidermens, but Dr. Stranges, Christines and Wandas (and her kids) were always the same? Feels like a weird oversight. Shouldn’t they have different people playing alternate Stranges, Wandas, Mordos, Etc.. ?

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Why did they hire a bunch of different actors that didn’t look much like Tom Holland to show different multiverse Spidermens, but Dr. Stranges, Christines and Wandas (and her kids) were always the same? Feels like a weird oversight. Shouldn’t they have different people playing alternate Stranges, Wandas, Mordos, Etc.. ?

Maybe try thinking about the concept of an infinite number of multi verses

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
do you want the comic book nerd answer or the movie nerd answer? because i can only give you the movie nerd answer. all the variants of Spidey and Prof X are due to different actors playing the same character. one actor playing Steven Strange, Wanda and Christine. though there were 3 sets of actors playing her kids. but they already disregarded much of what happened in Wandavision anyway.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
why were you sleeping at the climax of the film?

I explained earlier, my sleep pattern is messed up at the moment. The screening was at 12pm and I went to bed at 5am and got up at 10am. I had 4hrs 21m sleep and I didn't take any caffeine before because it's a diuretic. And I have a nervous weak bladder before films going for a wee multiple times during trailers. I walked 30 minutes to the cinema for cardio/steps in warm weather, so needed a sugar free cherry coke, which obviously made me need the toilet. From about 2/3 of the movie I was holding it in. By the end I was falling asleep, I saw the notes but but what happened to wanda. I skipped the last end credit scene to relieve my bladder

Would you like to know more?

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Does Del Toro even make those kinds of films anymore? I havent heard about his films in a while. I assume they arent so awesome anymore since those ten year old films are what people use for examples.

The visual style would have been a perfect fit for Dr. Strange, and its what is seriously lacking

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I explained earlier, my sleep pattern is messed up at the moment. The screening was at 12pm and I went to bed at 5am and got up at 10am. I had 4hrs 21m sleep and I didn't take any caffeine before because it's a diuretic. And I have a nervous weak bladder before films going for a wee multiple times during trailers. I walked 30 minutes to the cinema for cardio/steps in warm weather, so needed a sugar free cherry coke, which obviously made me need the toilet. From about 2/3 of the movie I was holding it in. By the end I was falling asleep, I saw the notes but but what happened to wanda. I skipped the last end credit scene to relieve my bladder

Would you like to know more?
no, but you should at least be aware of how the movie ended. sorry you have a weak bladder. i get like that when i drink a lot of beer. pee every hour.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
no, but you should at least be aware of how the movie ended. sorry you have a weak bladder. i get like that when i drink a lot of beer. pee every hour.

How if I was falling asleep?

I used to wake up six times a night to pee, used to piss in bottles. It's better now but cinema makes me nervous

• 1Like