Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Cybsled

Hellboy II was an extremely entertaining movie. I was always pissed they never capped it off with a part 3. I think the planned part 3 was going to involve Rasputen's ghost and an army of Nazi mechs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hellboy II was an extremely entertaining movie. I was always pissed they never capped it off with a part 3. I think the planned part 3 was going to involve Rasputen's ghost and an army of Nazi mechs.
that movie is from 2008, it held up surprisingly well.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
he's been pretty open about why he didn't want to be captain america. they originally set him up with a 9 picture deal but he kept turning them down because of the commitment. remember this is before marvel movies are making a billion dollars a film. he said that either you get tied to a project that does really well and it fundamentally changes everything about your life, or you get tied to a project that does awful and that's a whole other can of worms. he was happy doing smaller budget movies (also remember fantastic 4 didn't do all that well).

i don't blame the guy, honestly. hollywood is full of cautionary tales of people who got too big for their britches and had very public meltdowns

Well he still became an ultra left turbo-fag so the jokes on him.

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Does Del Toro even make those kinds of films anymore? I havent heard about his films in a while. I assume they arent so awesome anymore since those ten year old films are what people use for examples.

I think he’s busy siring more McPoyles.

• 1WTF

Fucker

Log Wizard
Why did they hire a bunch of different actors that didn’t look much like Tom Holland to show different multiverse Spidermens, but Dr. Stranges, Christines and Wandas (and her kids) were always the same? Feels like a weird oversight. Shouldn’t they have different people playing alternate Stranges, Wandas, Mordos, Etc.. ?
We know frighteningly little about the multiverse.

• 1Worf

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Sitting down to watch this right now, hope ya all didn't steer me wrong.

Place is packed

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sitting down to watch this right now, hope ya all didn't steer me wrong.

Place is packed
there are good things to enjoy. Christina's ass is amazing. Wanda wrecking shit is sweet. the multiverse stuff is pretty cool and Sam Raimi stuff ties it all together. more i think about it. i think this movie was better than OK. i think it was good, maybe even GOOD at times.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
More entertaining than the movie itself (spoiler alert):

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I explained earlier, my sleep pattern is messed up at the moment. The screening was at 12pm and I went to bed at 5am and got up at 10am. I had 4hrs 21m sleep and I didn't take any caffeine before because it's a diuretic. And I have a nervous weak bladder before films going for a wee multiple times during trailers. I walked 30 minutes to the cinema for cardio/steps in warm weather, so needed a sugar free cherry coke, which obviously made me need the toilet. From about 2/3 of the movie I was holding it in. By the end I was falling asleep, I saw the notes but but what happened to wanda. I skipped the last end credit scene to relieve my bladder

Would you like to know more?

sounds like you pissed on the movie

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
there are good things to enjoy. Christina's ass is amazing. Wanda wrecking shit is sweet. the multiverse stuff is pretty cool and Sam Raimi stuff ties it all together. more i think about it. i think this movie was better than OK. i think it was good, maybe even GOOD at times.
Yea, pretty solid. Great Sam touches. Worth a few hours and sitting my butt in an imax.

Edit- I still love that in the group fight things it is still Marvel style for chick fights, she basically instantly eliminated all the male characters to battle it out with the women. Otherwise the woke stuff was pretty much in the background

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea, pretty solid. Great Sam touches. Worth a few hours and sitting my butt in an imax.

Edit- I still love that in the group fight things it is still Marvel style for chick fights, she basically instantly eliminated all the male characters to battle it out with the women. Otherwise the woke stuff was pretty much in the background
Other than our Earth's Christina went full mandingo

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
There was plenty of woke shit, but a lot of it was in that vein. It did not matter who she married so they erred on the side of maximum woke. It made no difference though, between who America's parents were or who Christina married it was like 30 seconds of content, I think the biggest impact was the stupid pin. If marvels woke bs becomes making unimportant character default to something non cishet white... *shrug* no more girl power endgame bs please

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
do you want the comic book nerd answer or the movie nerd answer? because i can only give you the movie nerd answer. all the variants of Spidey and Prof X are due to different actors playing the same character. one actor playing Steven Strange, Wanda and Christine. though there were 3 sets of actors playing her kids. but they already disregarded much of what happened in Wandavision anyway.
What If also shows it was the same versions of him that took different paths. I do think it would have been awesome to have Keanu show up as a variant of Strange, Tom Cruise show up as iron man on the Illuminati, or Jackman make a cameo. Pretty sure they wouldn't have tried to bleed money from the film, I don't know what Cruise got paid for tropic thunder or if Brad pit even got paid for his 2 seconds in deadpool. Obviously Keanu would just donate a paycheck or something random.

There is a lot of people that love seeing Tom Cruise get killed (Edge of tomorrow) so it would have been pretty awesome

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Dr. Strange fighting himself with music notes
WTFs wrong with you, that shit was great.

Most magic users in MCU just shoot bolts of colored power. With Strange, they often have him use magic in a more interesting way. The music notes wasnt quite up there with the Strange vs Thanos battle on Titan, but beats the shit out of Wanda and Agatha magic missiling each other with different colored balls of light

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
WTFs wrong with you, that shit was great.

Most magic users in MCU just shoot bolts of colored power. With Strange, they often have him use magic in a more interesting way. The music notes wasnt quite up there with the Strange vs Thanos battle on Titan, but beats the shit out of Wanda and Agatha magic missiling each other with different colored balls of light
It was lame. He’s the master of the mystic art not music art.

• 2Picard
  • 1Cringe
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Hell, I liked it. Piled on the weird shit you want from a Dr Strange movie, and Wanda going profoundly off the reservation and slaughtering everyone was great TV.

With how central Wanda was to the story, I'm surprised that white Vision never made an appearance. If I'm remembering the show right, he had his memories restored by the end of the series, and you would've thought that he'd have shown up at Wanda's at some point for a quick 'hey how are things'.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Smartest man in the universe immediately spoils their strongest members strength/weakness within 20 seconds.

I didn't hate this movie but there is definitely some stupid shit in it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users