Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Loki was decent at times, but flubbed the ending and went a little over the top with Femloki taking over the show at points.

But using IMDB as some sort of actual reliable metric for what is good or bad.....
video wow GIF

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Source = wormie's last post alone.

Of course its about you.
096db996ddaf31f53271a3c253a17fea.gif

But using IMDB as some sort of actual reliable metric for what is good or bad.....
video wow GIF
IMDB, RT, Common Sense Media, you know... just aggregated data from the largest sources available... you know... actual data. Versus... feefees.

You people are just too easy :)

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Source = wormie's last post alone.

View attachment 411704

IMDB, RT, Common Sense Media, you know... just aggregated data from the largest sources available... you know... actual data. Versus... feefees.

You people are just too easy :)
I am glad I got a chance to show more people your mental capabilities. Thank you and shut up faggot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Loki was great.

It wasn't good enough or bad enough to be worth a flame war though. Opinions are allowed to vary.

Agreed.

Love it or hate it, Loki is the big thing that made it so any project can be canon. Sure, you can handwave anything with a line of dialogue and suddenly it matters - but the multiverse being a thing and the mechanisms for variants and branches and everything all so clearly laid out - literally anything is possible and anything can matter and impact the mainline MCU (however that is defined at any given moment).

This is all clearly leading to incursions and Secret Wars, that's the inevitable conclusion to all of this, that's the next 'End Game'-style climax to the groundwork being laid and the stories currently being told.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, destroying you with your own words... as usual. You're welcome.
You spam quoted one word a dozen or so times like a kid with Tourette's syndrome announcing the Sesame Street letter of the day. Hooray for you I guess?

And yes, anything on IMDB should be viewed with extreme skepticism as much as any review site. Disney has already gotten caught manipulating these sites and outright lying about ticket sales / viewership numbers / profit margins when it comes to their flagship shit. I liked the show for what it was, but it was not some 9/10 masterpiece. Moon Knight was better, for one, and Peacemaker blew anything Marvel (aside from maybe Hawkeye) out of the water.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh look, another thread where Vanessa makes himself look completely retarded then declares victory

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know... as is evidenced by your last 3 posts in this thread.

Wormie - 0

I literally said it in the theater a second before Wanda did, it was so obvious. My coworkers think I'm a genius.

I enjoyed the movie overall. I also didn't mind America Chavez, even with the pin and the moms. Holy fuck, I just looked her up and she only just turned 16. I thought for sure she was older than that. Honestly, her acting was better than most 16 year olds, so good for her.

Definitely a Raimi movie, which was great. I had to explain the Bruce Campbell and the possessed hand stuff to everyone though. Fucking heathens.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Let's be clear : Earth-838 is clearly not an A-lister type Earth. The best thing they had going for it was Pizza Balls.
An Earth where Ultron worked and Thanos was defeated by a Wish spell, yeah they probably have not peaked in their skills. Buncha soft ass heroes on that Earth.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wormie, stop baiting

Vanessa, stop being...well...you I guess? Stop letting yourself get baited.

Anyways....

Loki was awesome and I agree, this whole thing has to be leading to secret wars, I guess it'll depend on how they approach Fantastic 4 when that comes time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The question I have now is whether or not Krazinsky will play the MCU Reed Richards, or this was just a nod to the internet wanting him and Emily but we won't be seeing them in the future?

Well, that and is this the end of Wanda? I sure hope not. The only thing that could have been better in terms of her depiction in this movie is if the motor oil all over her face was actually the blood of her enemies. So fucking hot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I'm pretty curious about Krazinsky as well. From what I saw and what I've seen with regards to his acting I think he could pull the roll off well enough.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The question I have now is whether or not Krazinsky will play the MCU Reed Richards, or this was just a nod to the internet wanting him and Emily but we won't be seeing them in the future?

Well, that and is this the end of Wanda? I sure hope not. The only thing that could have been better in terms of her depiction in this movie is if the motor oil all over her face was actually the blood of her enemies. So fucking hot.
Screen Crush says that was an homage to Carrie and something something her dual personality of Wanda and Scarlet Witch
iu

iu

i was thinking it reminded me of Sara Connor toward the end of T2 where she had her hair all sweaty over her face
iu

spronk

FPS noob
saw it today, 12pm IMAX screening was like 80% packed which is crazy, usually maybe a dozen people in afternoon weekday. Movie is gonna continue to do yuge, nothing big really until Top Gun May 27th.

I really enjoyed it, I thought the music keys battle and the spirit ghosts stuff was a bit too goofy but its VERY much a Sam Raimi vibe thing so easy to go along with. They really worked that MCU magic, if you enjoyed Wanda Vision and What If the movie had some nice extras but if you didn't know fuck all about MCU stuff it was still very accessible and enjoyable. Glad to see a return to form after the terrible 2021s of Shang Chi, Eternals, etc.

Loved the 838 stuff, crazy how OP Scarlet Witch was. Wish they had leaned a bit more into that and "multiverse of madness" but we got a lot of it. 1 mid credit scene and 1 all-the-way-at-the-fucking-end post credit scene, nothing crazy but fun.

I'd still rank No Way Home higher than Strange 2 but both great and easily rewatchable movies. I watched Dr. Strange 1 last night and while it wasn't as bad as I remembered, it was still a bit of a snooze fest

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Sometimes his stuff is just amazingly on point.
I like his points as far as speculating "why was it this way, but not this way", but ultimately nothing he's asking doesn't have a practical answer for. Sometimes actually rational solutions to a movie's plot devices would, if actually followed, would make for a less entertaining movie or not a movie at all.

A perfect example of this: Why didn't Doctor Strange just open a portal around Thanos's left arm on Titan and immediately close it. Well... heh, because we'd have a shitty movie or no movie at all :p

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I like his points as far as speculating "why was it this way, but not this way", but ultimately nothing he's asking doesn't have a practical answer for. Sometimes actually rational solutions to a movie's plot devices would, if actually followed, would make for a less entertaining movie or not a movie at all.

A perfect example of this: Why didn't Doctor Strange just open a portal around Thanos's left arm on Titan and immediately close it. Well... heh, because we'd have a shitty movie or no movie at all :p
That's kinda fair when talking about anything superhero but his breakdown of Dr Strange is on point. He is getting dumber for no reason. He is also absolutely on point about Wanda. He did miss the biggest WTF.

After Wanda came to Karma-Taj, where the sorcerers put up a last stand against her, dying left and right, Wong gets taken hostage. His vaguely hinted romantic partner somehow survives, and sacrifices herself before his eyes to destroy the Darkhold - the evil book responsible for Wanda becoming evil and gaining multidimensional powers. In theory, the movie could have ended there. But it didn't. And why? Because Wanda gets angry, picks up four of the sorcerers Wong knows, and threatens him to help her. And he does. After dozens of sorcerers and students died in attempt to stop Wanda, Wong isn't willing to sacrifice four more, instead endangering the entire multiverse. AFTER THAT BLACK CHICK HE LIKES INCINERATED HERSELF BY SUCCESSFULLY STOPPING HER. He could have just said "Man, this sucks, but what am I to do? It was the only Darkhold that existed" and she would have no rebuttal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users