Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
FTzaJSiXEAAK-9U
W2Z5dEo.jpg
7gouHeK.png
7gouHeK.png

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They still haven't shown pre-orders yet for the steelbook at Best Buy. I want me some Steelbook!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How shitty does a movie have to before you starting questioning preordering a steelbook? Do you have the steelbook for Captain Marvel?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
How shitty does a movie have to before you starting questioning preordering a steelbook? Do you have the steelbook for Captain Marvel?

This is the genius of the MCU. He's been all-in since P1-3 were great, but P4+ is garbage... but he can't NOT keep his steelbook collection complete.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If earth 838 was studying the multiverse, why did they call themselves 838? Seems like they would consider themselves earth prime. Also, how were they studying it? There are only a few methids for traversing them and I didn't see any of that there. Did they have the time bureau technology? And finally, I was expecting Kang. What happened to him?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If earth 838 was studying the multiverse, why did they call themselves 838? Seems like they would consider themselves earth prime. Also, how were they studying it? There are only a few methids for traversing them and I didn't see any of that there. Did they have the time bureau technology? And finally, I was expecting Kang. What happened to him?

Kang is supposed to be in Antman. As far as I know he was never supposed to be in this

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
OK, thanks. I must have been confused. Are the multiple timelines separate from the multiple universes?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So what's the line? Give us the theoretical plot points to a Marvel movie where you don't buy the steelbook.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll continue buying them for the sake of my collection. I guess I'll tire of it at some point, but it hasn't happened yet.

EDIT: I actually just replaced the Avengers one, 1 in from the top right. I changed it with the 4k edition, which has a different image. Even though I have all the 3D versions, I wanted the 4k version "just because". So... The collection continues.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Im more shocked that people still buy blu rays.
This.

We all grew up in the era of physical media, with that fucking ridiculous upgrade cycle. "Time to replace your entire cassette music collection with CDs!" "Time to replace CDs with whatever the fuck came next!"

Then we went through the last transition - away from physical media forever. No need to ever upgrade again. Its all just files from here on out.

I can only assume people still buying physical media are doing it for the same reason stamp collectors and antique furniture aficionados do their things.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eh I get it. I still buy and collect records with some frequency, because I like the tactile nature of pulling out a record, playing it front to back etc. It doesn't make a ton of sense and my wife thinks its absurd, but it reminds me of something I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then we went through the last transition - away from physical media forever. No need to ever upgrade again. Its all just files from here on out.
Oh sweet child, we will never be done upgrading. Have your favorite movie in digital? Time to get the 4K version. Have the 4K version, well don’t you want the new version with Dolby atmos? 4K is old news, 8k is the new hotness.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What are the other options if you actually want to open a movie rather than hunt around to see if the movie you want is available on some service?

Well, beyond the high seas anyway...

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This.

We all grew up in the era of physical media, with that fucking ridiculous upgrade cycle. "Time to replace your entire cassette music collection with CDs!" "Time to replace CDs with whatever the fuck came next!"

I can only assume people still buying physical media are doing it for the same reason stamp collectors and antique furniture aficionados do their things.

I mostly only buy physical for things I really like, so I can still play/watch them when the world ends, assuming I can scrounge up some electricity.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eh I get it. I still buy and collect records with some frequency, because I like the tactile nature of pulling out a record, playing it front to back etc. It doesn't make a ton of sense and my wife thinks its absurd, but it reminds me of something I guess.
a far as i know, vinyl records last forever and CDs/DVDs/Blurays will delaminate in maybe 15 years.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I ditched all my dvds etc a decade ago.

Recently bought a turntable and my favourite records on vinyl. Admittedly after upgrading my hifi. Vinyl > Spotify streaming quality

• 1Like