Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If you consider any MCU visually cool enough to be worth seeing on the big screen I think this ones gonna fall in that category too.

There are lots of things to complain about but most are minor. Its much closer to Spiderman Far From Home than Eternals IMO

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, it's a visually stunning movie. Even if you don't like the story, it's a very good visual experience.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you waited this long, wait a little longer for video release. its good, not something thats the theater event of the year. but it is pretty good.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
if you waited this long, wait a little longer for video release. its good, not something thats the theater event of the year. but it is pretty good.
Blu-Ray release is July 26th. So you've got a little over a month, unless you go the high seas route. Avast, me harties.

Edge of Tomorrow's best buy steelbook release is on July 5th. Good stuff.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blu-Ray release is July 26th. So you've got a little over a month, unless you go the high seas route. Avast, me harties.

Edge of Tomorrow's best buy steelbook release is on July 5th. Good stuff.
I assume it's coming to D+ ?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its on D+ and VODs in 2 days. If you liked Spider Man No Way Home and Wanda Vision, then you should watch this. If you didn't like those or didn't watch them, there is no real point in watching this its basically a continuation of those 2.

I really enjoyed it but I really liked Wanda Vision and this felt like season 2 of that show to be honest, although it had a lot of flaws.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Haven't read the thread since the movie opened, to avoid spoilers. Worth seeing in theater or just wait for my couch and big screen? Or just avoid altogether?
I liked the first movie a lot. As a doctor strange fan, this was average.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
this movie would have been so much better in the hands of a more capable director

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this movie would have been so much better in the hands of a more capable director
it was in the hands of a very capable director, you can see his scenes were neutered from the studio or Feige. you barely saw any of the stuff that Raimi is famous for. this was simply a gun for hire scenario. do this, do that. listen to what we tell you to do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this.

Visually great movie but the plot was mediocre and the campy horror Sam Raimi stuff doesnt really work for this genre and these characters. It could, but I didnt want to see the MCU version of Army of Darkness and Necronomicon

4/10, zero rewatch value

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just watched this.

Visually great movie but the plot was mediocre and the campy horror Sam Raimi stuff doesnt really work for this genre and these characters. It could, but I didnt want to see the MCU version of Army of Darkness and Necronomicon

4/10, zero rewatch value

I love Raimi and do not mind at all that he took a gigantic payday to make a studio film. He probably got paid more for just this movie than his up front for all his other movies combined.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is the first MCU movie ever that tried to use jump scares.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
its honestly amazing the movie makes any sense at all when you read about the BTS stuff, the original director dropped out and Sam Raimi was the replacement, the movie was supposed to be out before Wanda Vision and Loki and Spider-Man No Way Home but came out after all of them due to rewrites and reshoots. Thats why it sorta feels half baked in how it connects to the overall MCU.

The only real quibble I have is I wish there was more multiverse stuff and it was more interesting, and Wanda was badly used. Her arc from WandaVision to this movie makes little to no sense and they should have kept building her character.

joz123

Potato del Grande
This was a jumbled mess. Wong is the sorcerer supreme but he's hanging off a cliff for half the movie. Not Shuma Gorath punked out in the first scene.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Just watched this today, it was an okay movie. Elizabeth Olsen was just fantastic, best performance in the movie bar none.
But she has always been a great Wanda / Scarlet Witch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a jumbled mess. Wong is the sorcerer supreme but he's hanging off a cliff for half the movie. Not Shuma Gorath punked out in the first scene.

That scene also confused me. I am pretty sure the sorcerer supreme can fly. I honestly thought the movie was insinuating that he died. Then he is shown at the edge of a cliff an hour later.

Made no sense...

The movie was fun enough but the story was kind of weak. I know it is trivial but the star shape of the inter-dimensional portal felt like a little kiddie show. Half expected to see my little ponies come out of the rift. The parts of the various dimensions traveled I enjoyed. The combat was good enough and as always I enjoy both Wanda and Dr. Strange. The new girl's acting was flat. It was like she was a guest star(Rim Shot) more than a main character. I would give it a 5.5/10.

Last edited: