Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the Falcon series was a slog to get through and definitely had some forced bullshit in there. It's certainly the worst of the 4 series so far for a number of reasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You misspelled the word Mind.

Currently no Marvel character draws their power from the Soul Stone save for the gauntlet or the alternate Ultron.

Ahhhhh shiiiit yeah. Fuck the names its inconsistent I'm going color based.

Wanda and Vision draw power from Yellow, The Chinese Stone. The soul stone is orange like the God Emperor. Work the rest out

• 1Worf

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Dr. Strange 1 rewatch tonight to get refreshed for the new movie. So much good stuff in this, Benedict kills it of course, Wong and Mordo are great. I cannot imagine another person cast aside from Tilda Swinton that would have been a better Sorcerer Supreme with how they went against the comic version. She's just fucking awesome in everything she's in.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there was a video i watched a few months ago that talks about the first one. it gives a pretty critical look at what they did wrong, but also what they did right and how it's arguably the best story and character growth out of the entire MCU. like, strange is arrogant and flippant the same way that stark is, but we all like stark, while strange mostly comes off as a douche. it was done on purposely and repeatedly throughout the movie that his flaw is his arrogance and how important it is to get rid of that. he outsmarts dormammu not by outthinking him, but out sacrificing him. dormammu is so far beyond mortality that self-sacrifice can't be something he considers. and strange had to behave in a way where his own well-being no longer matters. it's just a really interesting movie that screwed some important things up so we never really notice

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
there was a video i watched a few months ago that talks about the first one. it gives a pretty critical look at what they did wrong, but also what they did right and how it's arguably the best story and character growth out of the entire MCU. like, strange is arrogant and flippant the same way that stark is, but we all like stark, while strange mostly comes off as a douche. it was done on purposely and repeatedly throughout the movie that his flaw is his arrogance and how important it is to get rid of that. he outsmarts dormammu not by outthinking him, but out sacrificing him. dormammu is so far beyond mortality that self-sacrifice can't be something he considers. and strange had to behave in a way where his own well-being no longer matters. it's just a really interesting movie that screwed some important things up so we never really notice
100% accurate and now that you said it, I can totally see it through the entire movie. Strange is barely likeable the entire time and I was rooting for him the whole time.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100% accurate and now that you said it, I can totally see it through the entire movie. Strange is barely likeable the entire time and I was rooting for him the whole time.

Don't underestimate the power of a strong English accent to russle the jimmies of the US audience as well.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What were parts of the first movie that I wasn’t crazy about but yes I do think at the end when he Groundhog Days dirmammu I think they failed to really show that it wasn’t just a couple dozen times he died someone estimated that he must have died over and over for thousands of years by the time he exhausted dormammu

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Wanda and Vision draw power from Yellow, The Chinese Stone. The soul stone is orange like the God Emperor.
Lulz!

Red is reality because the right lives in reality, and Blue is space because the left lives in left-field, myaaaaan.

It all makes sense!

• 4Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't underestimate the power of a strong English accent to russle the jimmies of the US audience as well.
well, all nazis and baddies in films have english accents. so we immediately assume that "the english guy" is doing shitty things. and that brings up another question, why do some english accents have this posh super snobby sound while others are more rough?

Sevens

Log Wizard
well, all nazis and baddies in films have english accents. so we immediately assume that "the english guy" is doing shitty things. and that brings up another question, why do some english accents have this posh super snobby sound while others are more rough?
Different classes or regions, Cockney is a poor mans accent...Posh is the upper class.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm interested to see how the extra time and media releases have influenced the movie.

The original schedule if not for Covid effecting movie releases would have been Wandavision, Multiverse of Madness, Loki like a week later, spider-man in the summer, then What if?.

We see a lot of influence of Loki and What If? in the trailer, but I wonder if their connections will be loosely or not at all explained, as the D+ shows were intended to be a post mortem on the movie, not a lead in. Or if that is what all the reshoots and stuff they did at the end of last year did, address the fact that this movie is coming out after, not before, all the other marvel multiverse stuff.
So Kang was originally supposed to be introduced in this movie rather than the Loki series? That certainly makes sense but a lot of the easter eggs in Loki set it up early on and the Kang reveal felt a little rushed.

Is Kang still going to cameo in this movie then? I thought that was gonna be for the next Ant-man.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

17.40 is where I'm from.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So Kang was originally supposed to be introduced in this movie rather than the Loki series? That certainly makes sense but a lot of the easter eggs in Loki set it up early on and the Kang reveal felt a little rushed.

Is Kang still going to cameo in this movie then? I thought that was gonna be for the next Ant-man.

To be fair Kang isn’t in Loki. The time guy has variants that become Kang in other realities. Likely Kang will be a different actor when he shows up

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
To be fair Kang isn’t in Loki. The time guy has variants that become Kang in other realities. Likely Kang will be a different actor when he shows up
I'd think it will be the same actor who plays HWR that plays Kang. Didn't they already cast him in Antman 3?

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The Kang guy we see in Loki will be playing Kang. We may see other Kangz than the Kangz we've seen so far, but Loki's Kang is definitely the Kang in Antman 3.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users