Doctor Who

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I like Tennant over Smith. My least favorite of Tennants companions was Donna the first time I watched through New Who. She was my favorite companion the second time I watched it. Really weird the way my perception shifted. Wilfred Mott being the best companion the doctor has ever had doesn't hurt either.

I didn't love Matt Smith's run when it was airing but loved him a lot more the second time through. I think it was because he replaced Tennant so just took a dislike to him immediately on the first viewing.

Personally I would rank New Who Tennant>Smith>Capaldi>Ecclestein>Whitaker.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was she in Torchwood?

In one of the season finales after she left as a companion, she ends up charge of enough nukes to destroy the earth as a contingency plan against the daleks.
yup, she was part of the show for a bit
ok yeah, i thought she did get to nuke something though. maybe she just sniped somebody. its been a long while.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
most of season 1 was terrible. but it got better as it went.
Season 1 was fine, in fact the best episode of the series was in Season 1.

My gripe is how fast they killed off cast characters. I mean I get that they want to emphasize how dangerous it is to be dealing with all this supernatural/unearthly shit, but they turned the show into a meatgrinder.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Season 1 was fine, in fact the best episode of the series was in Season 1.

My gripe is how fast they killed off cast characters. I mean I get that they want to emphasize how dangerous it is to be dealing with all this supernatural/unearthly shit, but they turned the show into a meatgrinder.
yes you're right about that, they had an asian lady on there who was completely fine. they killed her off and kept that horrible gap toothed woman on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is basically it. Tennant is better unless you add in Companion dynamics, but then Smith had Clara so... maybe not.

Wait, Clara is bad? I was under the impression that she was like, the most popular and hottest companion.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait, Clara is bad? I was under the impression that she was like, the most popular and hottest companion.
the most popular Companion always was and always will be Sarah Jane Smith. from nu-who. i think its a tossup between Rose Tyler and Amy Pond.. lets say Amy Pond is the winner. she completely clowns Clara in every category.

iu

iu

but i do love me some trashy blondes.
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ran across this interesting documentary on David Tennant's Doctor.
its quite long. seems decent. i'm watching it now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
the most popular Companion always was and always will be Sarah Jane Smith. from nu-who. i think its a tossup between Rose Tyler and Amy Pond.. lets say Amy Pond is the winner. she completely clowns Clara in every category.

iu

iu

but i do love me some trashy blondes.
iu
GF told me she would leave me for Jenna Coleman. I was like...uh....excuse me while I go beat off for a billion years or so.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Smith had Amy, Rory, and River which gives him an edge in my book.
Couldnt agree more. And the Doctor being all madly in love with Rose just really irked me. The companion has never been about being a love interest but more of a friend. Donna, kind of irritated me, but I do love how her time with the Doctor was wrapped up. And Martha Jones just annoyed the holy hell out of me. To me Smith was just a good "old man in a young man's body" Doctor. "A good man goes to war" is about the best Doctor Who episode ever
This scene still brings a tear to my eye

This scene makes me cry like a baby every time

And I just adore this scene

Matt Smiths time with Amy and Rory were just the best written, best acted and just the best stories Doctor Who ever had....then Clara had to come along and ruin it

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ran across this interesting documentary on David Tennant's Doctor.
its quite long. seems decent. i'm watching it now.

This is really good, I'm tempted to watch all 10 hours of their retrospectives. Maybe on 1.5x or something. I'll never watch the pre-reboot Doctors again (except maybe the odd Baker episode every few years) so it's as close as I'll get to that.

Just watched the first David Tennant episode. It was super good. Evil Rose is so hot, especially considering I wasn't even attracted to her in the previous season.

Gonna just go through from here rather than jumping around. It was either this or rewatch Breaking Bad.

NuWho is like a combination of Buffy and X-Files, two Top 5 shows for me. I love the hell out of it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Couldnt agree more. And the Doctor being all madly in love with Rose just really irked me. The companion has never been about being a love interest but more of a friend. Donna, kind of irritated me, but I do love how her time with the Doctor was wrapped up. And Martha Jones just annoyed the holy hell out of me. To me Smith was just a good "old man in a young man's body" Doctor. "A good man goes to war" is about the best Doctor Who episode ever
This scene still brings a tear to my eye

This scene makes me cry like a baby every time

And I just adore this scene

Matt Smiths time with Amy and Rory were just the best written, best acted and just the best stories Doctor Who ever had....then Clara had to come along and ruin it

I don't get the hate for Clara, but I also haven't seen much of her. I liked what I did see. I'm wondering if maybe the issue is less Clara and more the writer changeover. Was the writer changeover in Smith 2 or Smith 3? I feel like it was Smith 3 along with Clara showing up.

There's no denying that Clara is pretty hot, at least. She apparently turns women gay:

GF told me she would leave me for Jenna Coleman. I was like...uh....excuse me while I go beat off for a billion years or so.

One time, one of my GFs just offhandedly mentioned how hot it'd be to have "passionate sex" with another girl while I was tied-up and forced to watch. I wish she'd never said that because for the rest of the year that we were together I basically had a boner the entire time, and she never actually followed-up on the idea of course.

Edit: The implication was that I wouldn't remain tied-up during the course of the event. If it were just that, that'd probably be rough. I sometimes wonder if she ever actually did that with later boyfriends, or if it was just a carrot to dangle without any actual payoff.

Last edited:

Cybsled

ending of Family of Blood (was that the episode name?) was pretty fucking savage.
That episode was great to really highlight why The Doctor is quite dangerous - he's great when you're on his good side, but if you cross him, he will wipe out your entire species

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats why Tennant is the best Doctor since Tom Baker. he doesnt fuck around, and the fact he wont use a gun is completely irrelevant.

Last edited: