Doctor Who

Bane_sl

shitlord
The intro has parts from every intro so far, along with the first seasons music (with a little update). Kinda cool.

Liked the nod to Amy Pond. Didn't like the modernized James Bond'ish on screen "hacking". Apparently all you need to do to be a good hacker is type absurdly fast.

The Great Intelligence is going to turn out to be the Dalek's, you think?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
"Oh what chapter are you on?"
"10"
"Ahhh 11 is the best, you'll cry your eyes out"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
meh, im kinda getting tired of Smith, think its time for a new guy. good episode, kinda reminded me of the plot the Master had going with his network. they really need to not give the doctor a reflective helmet when he rides his anti grav cycle. could see the camera in every shot.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Since sometimes the little things turn out to mean big things, I noticed that when he was looking at her book of 101 Places ages 16 and 23 were skipped. Could be nothing, but you never know with this show.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Did not catch that, good nod
mmm.. I guess it was too subtle for me, what is that a reference to?

Oh, and so I guess both Clara's backstory and the villain are going to be the overarching plotline for the season. Seems fine to me, though I would like a LITTLE more info on why she's the same person in multiple timelines. It's like the Doctor barely wanted to mention it to her yet.

Bane_sl

shitlord
mmm.. I guess it was too subtle for me, what is that a reference to?

Oh, and so I guess both Clara's backstory and the villain are going to be the overarching plotline for the season. Seems fine to me, though I would like a LITTLE more info on why she's the same person in multiple timelines. It's like the Doctor barely wanted to mention it to her yet.
10, 11... Was a joke that the Matt smith doctor story arc would make you cry.

I also noticed the skipped years. That will definitely come back at some point.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I would like a LITTLE more info on why she's the same person in multiple timelines. It's like the Doctor barely wanted to mention it to her yet.
This half of the season is supposed to answer that. Why would he mention that? Another DoctorDonna situation if that were to be the case? And by DoctorDonna I mean shit going pear shaped, IE paradox (even though the show if full of them), brain melt, erasure from time.

Clara is either a Timelady that is undetectable and can not change looks (chameleon circuit type thing. Also the least plausible scenario), has Captain Jack syndrome with preloaded memories each time she dies, or something else.

Chris

Potato del Grande
She could be a plant by someone, Great Intelligence perhaps, to get close to him.

He failed to save her the first two times (he doesn't always save everyone) so they just did it again (which also piqued his curiosity).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There's so much shit going on it's hard to form an opinion. Rumor is, next week Clara references Jenna Louise-Coleman and Emmerdale.

I think she might be an amalgam of the Companions, or she's Susan Foreman. Or rather the latter is what I'm hoping for and the former is my only proper guess.

Cybsled

Well let's compare:

1) Oswin: Wants to travel and see things, has better hacking skills than The Doctor, like Souffles, tells Doctor to remember
2) Victorian Clara: Governess (although secretly living a 2nd life), likes Souffles, tells Doctor to remember.
3) Present Day Clara: Wants to travel and see things...but is a Governess, can hack better than The Doctor now.

One thing I can't recall: Did Oswin and Victorian Clara have dead parents as well?

Anyways, all 3 Claras are physically identical and have the same general personality. They also all seem to share certain common elements to their personality/present situation. The Xmas special and this episode also show that The Great Intelligence will be a big factor. It's clear at this point the two are related, but I guess we will have to see what the exact relation is. Maybe Clara is some manifestation of TGI, or maybe she is the same type of entity as TGI?

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
This half of the season is supposed to answer that. Why would he mention that? Another DoctorDonna situation if that were to be the case?
Because she's been very clever and quick to accept all his crazy theories/knowledge in the previous two incarnations. She'd likely have some kind of weird guess at an explanation that would give him inspiration to figure out the real deal.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well let's compare:

1) Oswin: Wants to travel and see things, has better hacking skills than The Doctor, like Souffles, tells Doctor to remember
2) Victorian Clara: Governess (although secretly living a 2nd life), likes Souffles, tells Doctor to remember.
3) Present Day Clara: Wants to travel and see things...but is a Governess, can hack better than The Doctor now.

One thing I can't recall: Did Oswin and Victorian Clara have dead parents as well?

Anyways, all 3 Claras are physically identical and have the same general personality. They also all seem to share certain common elements to their personality/present situation. The Xmas special and this episode also show that The Great Intelligence will be a big factor. It's clear at this point the two are related, but I guess we will have to see what the exact relation is. Maybe Clara is some manifestation of TGI, or maybe she is the same type of entity as TGI?
you're making it sound like the the resident evil movies. a bunch of Alice clones all sent by Umbrella through history to toy with the doctor.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
He is.. but he did bring up an interesting point about her retaining her computer skills. Victorian Clara would clearly not be good with computers if they aren't invented yet, recent Clara learns the skills due to the 'hacking', and then Oswin was good with computers. While that was later explained as her being a Dalek, I think that combined with the 'remember' statements she makes means she is the same person in some way or her past lives are there in her subconscious. Most likely it's imprints of memories and skills coming back to her vaguely/subconsciously and she's unaware, but still.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This is all going to end with the 1st Doctor stealing the TARDIS and her saying that line...

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh the 3 known versions of Clara Oswald definitely tie in together. The points made about the hacking skills are definitely key, plus, there's no way in hell that family just happened to have the password "rycbar" (run you clever boy and remember) as their WiFi password by mere happenstance - unless that's some old saying I've never heard of, which i'm pretty sure it isn't.

Hell, her dying now 2 times is what throws it all for a loop. Had she not died, the obvious answer would have been she was the same girl in 3 different points in time. Speculations abound suggest she's going to end up being some Deux Ex Machina type Rose character (or another Doctor Donna type situation), but I honestly hope this isn't the case. I want a fresh and clever solution to this thing.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_19392.jpg