Doom: Eternal

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Been playing thru, Master Levels on Nightmare .. the game really shines at this point it is the ultimate version of chess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather

It represents a combat arena, it's red when there's demons alive and goes green when you're done iirc

Been playing thru, Master Levels on Nightmare .. the game really shines at this point it is the ultimate version of chess.

It really is, once you actually learn how to play the game and get comfortable with it, it's insanely fun.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The music in this game is telling me to go murder people. So badass.

• 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Once you progress a bit it becomes _mostly_ possible to run with your favorite gun but you really need to switch out against certain enemies or you're severely gimping yourself.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
All done on ultra-violence, all the collectables and all that stuff. That's enough for me. Not really interested in nightmare. I thought ultra-violence was a good challenge but still let you feel like a badass. I really don't want to play like a pussy as I imagine nightmare requires.

Great game, best single player shooter I've played in years.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It's a shame about all of the mtx and poor reviews or it could have been an even better game

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I was pretty tired last night and died an absurd amount in Barad. That one arena. I didn't realize it was that summoner faggot creating the demons and not them just warping in as normal until... like 10 or 12 deaths in. Fucking lol.

Then I BFG'd that loser's ass and moseyed on my way,

Salshun

Silver Knight of the Realm
What's the best QOL Sentinel Crystal to purchase first? Also, I missed something in the first mission, how do I go back (just started mission 2)?

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What's the best QOL Sentinel Crystal to purchase first? Also, I missed something in the first mission, how do I go back (just started mission 2)?
I went for ammo with my first crystal.

When you're on your ship, facing the ball you interact with to open a portal to the current mission, there's a console at your 4 o'clock that is mission select.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Salshun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I went for ammo with my first crystal.

When you're on your ship, facing the ball you interact with to open a portal to the current mission, there's a console at your 4 o'clock that is mission select.

How do "Return to base"? I've been combing through screens and Google, got nothing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Mission Select at the title screen. Get the longer stagger, faster glory kills for sure. I like the bullet time while jumping one too.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This is a fun game but just doesn't feel "doom" to me. Played god knows how many hours of the originals and this doesn't scratch the same itch.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think that they went way overboard with the story.

All these details make it really confusing as to what actually happened in Doom 2016...

Should have kept it minimal really.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Threw this together real quick
1584899594283.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That's why I see it more of a combat puzzle game, than just a "boom boom, next" game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This is a fun game but just doesn't feel "doom" to me. Played god knows how many hours of the originals and this doesn't scratch the same itch.

That's where I mostly disagree, I think it feels more like the originals than it does 2016 and I think that's why some people are negative about it. It feels like Doom to me, just not doom 2016. Which I love both, but it's more an evolution of 2016 than it is a 2016 part 2. Which.. I don't know why you'd want just go play that game instead.

idunno, I still very actively play Doom mods though. Maybe I haven't played the vanilla versions for a long time and I'm just misremembering.

• 2Like