Doom: Eternal

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I just put this one down on nightmare. Lot more lore than the first game, which i like. Way faster and more intense too. Definitely kept the blood pumping during this quarantine bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Okay...this soundtrack is officially banned from me while I drive, god damn it hits hard.

This stuff is basically rage fuel for me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
catch me in my room fuckin moshin to the doom soundtrack not even playing videogames

• 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
so i picked this up on pc to test out my new rig, wow am I impressed with this game, it’s so much fun and looks amazing!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Lately I'm feeling like I'm in the minority for being a purist. But why the fuck are exploited speedruns even popular? I mean it's impressive he found the stuff, I like that the devs were shocked he found the stuff. But as a competition to see who can spend the most time outside of the skybox level to level? what's the fucking point?

I find the rarer 100% speedruns that don't involve exploiting like that to be far more interesting.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Watching that video, its basically putting in idnoclip and just running/flying through the level. Should be labelled exploited speedrun.

• 1Truth!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think it defeats the purpose of a speed run if you are using cheat codes. Exploits are one thing, but using a cheat code? :|

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lately I'm feeling like I'm in the minority for being a purist. But why the fuck are exploited speedruns even popular? I mean it's impressive he found the stuff, I like that the devs were shocked he found the stuff. But as a competition to see who can spend the most time outside of the skybox level to level? what's the fucking point?

I find the rarer 100% speedruns that don't involve exploiting like that to be far more interesting.
I think most people probably feel the same way. I'm a speedrun junkie and I avoid every glitched run I can

It's kind of the same with rpg runs where they break the combat and do the same combo to every boss for 7 hours to beat it

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I think it's just the idea that it's the fastest to complete the game period. No stipulations, just who can play the game from beginning to end in the shortest amount of time.

I agree it's lame and boring as hell to watch, but outside of the above and you get into stipulations, gray areas, and whats considered acceptable or even considered an exploit.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

1587341939770.png

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's just two completely different categories. If you don't like runs with glitch exploits, ignore them. They're clearly labelled as such. And yes, the precision with which he uses that exploit to fly exactly where he needs to go is also nothing you can just repeat after seeing it once.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
it's just two completely different categories. If you don't like runs with glitch exploits, ignore them. They're clearly labelled as such. And yes, the precision with which he uses that exploit to fly exactly where he needs to go is also nothing you can just repeat after seeing it once.

I understand this argument fully. And the fact when he still had to do combat he was incredibly skilled with timings etc. So there's no denying the guy doing an exploit run is skilled. I just don't see the entertainment value in it for the player or the viewers. As someone said, why not just noclip or enable the developer console and see who sets up the best macro to automatically teleport/walk to triggers and exists.

That particular video was only interesting to me because of the developer reactions and comments about not knowing things weren't taken out of the game, or that they thought they put certain blocks in place and the player still got around. I enjoy a lot of the spontaneous insight and feedback from them that aren't normally in some scripted interview.

I like that Eternal brought back something to the equivalent of seeing a % of monsters killed, secrets, etc. that used to be in Doom/Doom2 and Quake 1 when you finished a level. But as someone with gaming OCD and having to finish things to 100% if i enjoy the game, if I can, it always hit that right spot in the feels for me when a game has it or when speedrunners do 100% runs.

• 1Faggotry