Doom: Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yahtzee's arguments suck but that is to be expected because Eternal is clearly the better game.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I do agree with a couple of Yahtzee's points, Jack didn't really do that much better.

While I don't hate it, I do not like the arcadey feel to game in Eternal. However, I absolutely love the lore that has been pushed through, and I am chomping at the bit to learn about more.

I hope they don't fuck it up.

Also, Mick Gordon is getting his OST cut.

Thank fucking God, and I hope he returns to the title.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Change outfit in a first person shooter who doesn't have a third person view. I just don't get it.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
FROM FEDOR OF THE VOID:

RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE!

Sad times.

• 3Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 3 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I do agree with a couple of Yahtzee's points, Jack didn't really do that much better.

While I don't hate it, I do not like the arcadey feel to game in Eternal. However, I absolutely love the lore that has been pushed through, and I am chomping at the bit to learn about more.

I hope they don't fuck it up.

Also, Mick Gordon is getting his OST cut.

Thank fucking God, and I hope he returns to the title.
The look is kinda off i guess. Eternal tried to look more like Doom 1 and 2, and thats slightly jarring compared to the character models for 2016, but the feel is where it was at. It played like nothing i’ve ever played.

i wish i had this on PC, because apparently carmack came in and shades things to be more realistic, and fuck it looks good. if they release that texture pack as an mtx, i might spring for it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well it looks like we were all wrong Utnayan Utnayan - no microtransactions after launch but the shittiest DRM company in existence now making the shittiest anticheat in existence and getting shoved into the game, disabling linux players from playing & dropping FPS for everyone on PC

I have no issues pirating this game, I paid full fucking price for it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well it looks like we were all wrong Utnayan Utnayan - no microtransactions after launch but the shittiest DRM company in existence now making the shittiest anticheat in existence and getting shoved into the game, disabling linux players from playing & dropping FPS for everyone on PC

I have no issues pirating this game, I paid full fucking price for it.

Im running out of time with my bet. I still very firmly believe MTX is coming. But I bet 3 months post launch. I also didn’t predict Covid though. With that said looks like TJT TJT might get cyberpunk 2077 for Freeeeee!

Come on Bethesda don’t let me down!

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wait! Even though they were about to deploy this and reneg, we may have found out why DAC is being deployed!

So close. The shitheads have something planned I guarantee you. I just hope it launches before my bet time is up in June. :)

xzi

Mouthbreather
They HAD something planned for sure but they didn't, I'm still holding out hope only for that lmao.

I'm not playing until they get rid of Denuvos new anticheat tho

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I haven't noticed any performance degradation. Are the Denuvos concerns a matter of principle or demonstrable privacy/ethical violations?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, did they basically pack in a system monitoring hack like Riot Games did with Valorant just recently? It is just on and running in the background whether you play the game or not?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nice timing xzi xzi

1589557699918.png

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I haven't noticed any performance degradation. Are the Denuvos concerns a matter of principle or demonstrable privacy/ethical violations?

The program itself has level 0 kernel access. Yeah that's bad.

Exerpt: " kernel driver component designed to run in Ring 0 of the Windows kernel, the highest possible access level Windows offers. Software that runs in Ring 0 has unfettered, admin-level access that allows it to scan files and make changes without the user's knowledge. "

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Any kind of code that runs ring level-0 is fucking bad espically sense they can obfuscate the upstream so easily now... Thanks Microsoft, the issue is we can't "see" what is being sent too either Denuvo/Id/Bethfuckdas servers, even bigger issue with it though is that it is a back-door into any system, there is no hack-proof system someone will find a way too exploit it...

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
After a perfect launch, they decided to ruin everything with Denuvo: titan edition for a shitty online mode no one play ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users