Doom: Eternal

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah man. I extremely don't trust Denuvo in any way whatsoever, and I'm not letting them install a rootkit on my computer for the sake of a multiplayer mode 16 people play. Just like I don't play Valorant, or any battleye games, or pay for ESEA anymore.. no fucking way I'm letting this run lmao

It's just like.. even if that wasn't a factor, does anyone actually trust Denuvo to work? They are literally known for having DRM that is cracked in 1-2 days and causes constant performance issues in countless games over the last decade. Every single game that has removed Denuvo has instantly became noticably better... now I'm supposed to think these fucking idiots can make an anti cheat?

I love Doom Eternal, it's a phenomenal game and probably the best single player FPS I've ever played but Bethesda had to go and bethesda it up. There's absolutely no way the engine guys at id would have allowed this to happen on their own. ALSO WHY DO I NEED AN ANTICHEAT TO PLAY SINGLE PLAYER YOU FUCKING SPERGS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I uninstalled. I hadn't played it since finishing it launch-week anyways.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I really loved this game once I adjusted to the combat and cool downs. The guns feel great and useful like a tool kit, ripping and tearing has been absolutely brutal, beautiful and fluid. That being said, they could not have chosen a worse time, for me, to patch in Denuvo. I am a few moments from fighting the Icon of Sin on nightmare. like c'mon man let me beat the game before you retro-actively lobotomize it, while introducing the additional possibility of losing save data.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I really loved this game once I adjusted to the combat and cool downs. The guns feel great and useful like a tool kit, ripping and tearing has been absolutely brutal, beautiful and fluid. That being said, they could not have chosen a worse time, for me, to patch in Denuvo. I am a few moments from fighting the Icon of Sin on nightmare. like c'mon man let me beat the game before you retro-actively lobotomize it, while introducing the additional possibility of losing save data.
Yeah I’m at Icon of Sin and then I’m uninstalling. I’ve been uninstalling denuvo after each play session.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah why put this garbage in a game that is mainly for single player? o_O

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah why put this garbage in a game that is mainly for single player? o_O

Gotta beta test garbage some how ... so why not put it into a really popular game with people who have been gaming longer then fucking denuvo has been around..

Everyone knows it's Bethfuckdas idea, ID would never pull this shit..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather

tl;dr they are removing Denuvo completely. Game is saved once again. (once it updates)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Now for them to bring back Mick.

No man, fuck that guy. I don't care how talented you are, you dont let others take the blame for your failings. His bitch ass missed deadlines, still got paid the completion bonuses, and then made vague tweets that made him seem like the victim. That is all weapons grade dickbag material.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With Denuvo gone I went ahead and beat the final boss. Overall I'd give the game 9/10. When I started I wanted to keep it on Nightmare but quickly decided it was more frustrating than it was worth (to me) and kept it on Ultra Violence. I'm sure with practice I could handle Nightmare, but even on Ultra Violence I had dozens of reloads throughout the campaign.

Edit: Also, I like that they expanded the lore in this game. It was actually pretty well written and compelling enough for me to seek out and read every codex entry in the game. They did a really good job of telling the high points in the game though. You'd miss some if you skipped cinematics, but even with skipping you'd still have a pretty good idea of what was going on.

I was surprised that there was only one (two?) sequence of direct monster control. I guess they decided Battle Mode would scratch that itch for those that liked that kind of gameplay.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
No man, fuck that guy. I don't care how talented you are, you dont let others take the blame for your failings. His bitch ass missed deadlines, still got paid the completion bonuses, and then made vague tweets that made him seem like the victim. That is all weapons grade dickbag material.
Yeah Mick was a little bitch and tried to blame id for his failure to deliver. I can fully understand and appreciate that an overwhelming workload causes low priority stuff to be neglected, but it's chicken shit to blame someone else for your inability to manage your time - especially when you were given more than reasonable accommodation and schedule flexibility. He's clearly talented and it'll almost certainly be a loss for the franchise to lose him, but I wouldn't work with him again either if he pulled that shit with my team.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This reminds me, TJT TJT I have until June 20th. Come on on Bethesda don't let me down with an MTX patch! Have a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 on the line!

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am going to take this time to make an Utnayan confession.

I bought this on sale. (PS Pro)

And I cannot get enough of the game :( The unique levels, the complete carnage, the level stages themselves, the voice acting, and above all the game play. Now, with that said, I am playing on easy because I am old and I suck and I still die from time to time. But the character customization depth here is really good.

For this transgression, above all, my capacity for good... For truth, justice, and the American way... I will be also buying Tarisk Tarisk Cyberpunk 2077 while I hang my head in shame.

(I still think MTX is coming at some point though)

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You still have 8 days. Don't give up just yet! Companies are desperate, it could happen!

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Ultra Violence is really good training for Nightmare.

I feel like I have been flying through Nightmare since I pretty much know the mechanics of each encounter.

Super Shotgun w/ Ballista is just an amazing 1-2 punch for any and all demons.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To be fair here this game was 100% set up for MTX. If you doubt that you're retarded.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Fucking christ Utnayan has come along ways since the vanguard thread days. I guess 10 years can change a man

• 2Worf