Doom: Eternal

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hands on impressions from the demo, some of which you didn't get from the E3 video

..including firing yourself out of a giant fucking cannon directly into a base to start murderin

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
lads
looking at it closer if you look at timestamp in trailer at 1:40 - that is a fucking MECH, THAT IS A GIANT MECH SUIT, THAT IS ARMOR

you can also see it to the very right of this image, I wonder if we're going to fire that super big BFG that was shown last year in a giant mech suit? Please let me have this.

Also to connect it even more, Hugo who is the lead on the game worked on Pacific Rim so.. maybe?

QFXjGM0.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hands on impressions from the demo, some of which you didn't get from the E3 video

..including firing yourself out of a giant fucking cannon directly into a base to start murderin

While this looks shinier as is the trend of newer games, it feels very much like Doom - compare this to the Borderlands 3 which looks more like Splatoon ...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll be honest I checked out of Borderlands 3 the second they went epic exclusive, so I have no idea what it looks like or care lol

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It would be pretty fun if they opened up the lore just slightly and you started knocking out named demon god bosses, kind of like the Diablo series.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes. The story is. Samuel Hayden used the Keyblade to do some shenanigans that involved what he thought were, "angels" and the angels are just as terrible as the demons and everyone is getting fucked up.

10/10 would story again.

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

well the voice over seems to be an angel telling the Doomslayer, Earth is lost, give up on it.

Hell invades Earth. Angels are all, "by fire be purged". Doomslayer is like. No.

you fight Hell and Heaven to save the last of Humanity from them both.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm just hoping we have less "kill rooms" than the first one did. They always bug me and make me less interested in replaying the game each time I finish it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
I'm just hoping we have less "kill rooms" than the first one did. They always bug me and make me less interested in replaying the game each time I finish it.

Yep, pretty much my only real complaint. OG Doom was about as "open world" as an FPS can get, and I miss the days of the large sprawling maps where you had tons of active critters all over.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Will this game have enough cinematic cut scenes and teenage lesbians to satisfy Utnayan Utnayan ?

Haha!

So after careful reflection, I understand where people were coming from. :) I just like variety in level design. More than just shooting. But really, that's all this game is about.

Still a rental at best though because giving money to Bethesda at this point after everything they have done in the last year makes me twitch.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Didn't they do something similar in Doom 2016's multiplayer which didn't go over well? The demon powerup etc?

Definitely getting it for the SP, though.

The lightning revenant thing you could unlock and morph into was nonsense

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I hope they plan on having conventional deathmatch too.

"No traditional multiplayer mode. Battlemode is our primary multiplayer mode," says Executive Producer Marty Stratton. "The cool thing about it is it’s ripped straight from Doom; it’s the combat players want and love, you’re familiar with the gameplay, playing as a Slayer."

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yes. The story is. Samuel Hayden used the Keyblade to do some shenanigans that involved what he thought were, "angels" and the angels are just as terrible as the demons and everyone is getting fucked up.

10/10 would story again.

Honestly, I think the story would be better if they continued on with the story from the books in the 90s.

Essentially, the demons are just aliens, but part of their conquering strategy is to genetically modify their invasion force to look like the mythology of the culture of the enemy, in order to inspire fear more efficiently.

It takes the supernatural out of the equation and leaves it rooted in science and tech. I always thought that was a much better way to explain everything rather than having to rely on biblical shit.

• 2Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Honestly, I think the story would be better if they continued on with the story from the books in the 90s.

Essentially, the demons are just aliens, but part of their conquering strategy is to genetically modify their invasion force to look like the mythology of the culture of the enemy, in order to inspire fear more efficiently.

It takes the supernatural out of the equation and leaves it rooted in science and tech. I always thought that was a much better way to explain everything rather than having to rely on biblical shit.
No that's much gayer. Real demons is better. Why would I want some faggy sci-fi explanation when instead I could be storming through ripping and tearing literal demons from hell?

If your fedora is tipping so hard that you can't enjoy that then you are most likely one of the gayest people alive.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Argarth

On the verandah

You wouldn't happen to be the original "The Cutlery" from days of yore, now would you? Got a twinge of nostalgia when I saw that name. =)

Kind of expecting Makata to turn up in this thread about now, lol. That would be just dandy!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
No that's much gayer. Real demons is better. Why would I want some faggy sci-fi explanation when instead I could be storming through ripping and tearing literal demons from hell?

If your fedora is tipping so hard that you can't enjoy that then you are most likely one of the gayest people alive.

What if the demons were jews?