Doom: Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
greenmangaming is already selling the PC pre-order of Doom:Eternal for 18% off.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
You wouldn't happen to be the original "The Cutlery" from days of yore, now would you? Got a twinge of nostalgia when I saw that name. =)

Kind of expecting Makata to turn up in this thread about now, lol. That would be just dandy!

Also, yes, I've been around on every iteration of the boards, just slowing down the posting considerably.

Argarth

On the verandah
Also, yes, I've been around on every iteration of the boards, just slowing down the posting considerably.

Good to hear it. I lurked for many a year on the original boards. Things were locked down pretty tight back then I guess. Never got the "welcome aboard" call, after many many tries, heh.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Been replaying the original Doom lately and just found out about something I never noticed in decades of playing Doom:

The Tower of Babel is actually under construction as you clear the missions leading up to it. Great fucking detail. The demons are building a trap for Doomguy as he approaches.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
s2oisc1y8fs11.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh imo it's always a good thing when a game is pushed back, it generally can't get worse from it, can only get better. I guess it sucks for people who only play specific type of games and it's their most hyped game of the year or whatever but when I look at my Steam backlog it's the kind of thing that makes me shrug.

It does end up in a pretty crowded period of time however. From reddit:
  • 21st February 2020 - Last of Us 2
  • 3rd March 2020 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  • March 2020 - Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2
  • 6th March 2020 - Watch Dogs Legion
  • 20th March 2020 - Doom Eternal
  • 20th March 2020 - Animal Crossing
  • 16th April 2020 - Cyberpunk 2077
Like there's enough time between the releases(unless you're an animal crossing and doom fan then it's fucked), but if you're fairly casual it's not unlikely you'll still be playing something else.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The pessimist in me: "In other words, Bethesda couldn't push this through certification so we had no choice, and also didn't want to compete with Jedi."

Or, the optimist, "Bethesda determined they better shape up or continue to get their ass kicked 6 ways from Sunday with horrible business practices and are making changes to their publishing pattern", in which case, Kudos.

More than likely a mix of both.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going with they want this super polished. With their failures lately they can't afford to trash another franchise.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe they’ll add BJ and his daughters in the game as DLC.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users