DOOM

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Gamefly shipped this today to me. Looking forward to checking out the single player. I enjoyed the last one. i don't remember a ton about it, but remember they had quite a few video / audio journals lying around that fleshed out a decent enough story for me. Hopefully this will be equal or better.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Battlefront sold great.
It didn't sell through 12 million. It shipped 14 million and pass through is around 8. I would love to see the actual distinct revenue numbers. Why? Because they aren't Rolling in cash when they dropped the price 40% after the first ten days across all platforms because it wasn't selling for shit. Most of the revenue from Star Wars wasn't from battlefront you stupid fuck. It was from SWTOR's micro transactions. And that was the point of the entire fag fest with you. It doesn't sell 14 million. It didn't hit forecast at 12. It fell short by 40% but here you are, trying to pass along 14 million shipped to retailers in your last link hoping the original bullshit argument you made in the original thread vanishes with what was left of your common sense after auto-esphyxiating yourself to Peter Moore's dick.

Now I am sure people like Doom. Hell, I'll even rent it from redbox one day for three bucks when I'm done toying with your brain cell on here and the SA forums. And if I am wrong on the metacritic, Noodle is about to play some pretty sweet games. (Looks like that is becoming a reality). But that doesn't escape the fact that the only one that cannot admit when they got fucked in the ass by my keyboard is you as you continue to backtrack the original argument. Facts are facts my little internet bitch. And nothing changes the fact that battlefront didn't sell through even close to forecast. Otherwise, you would see that in their quarterly reports. You are either obtuse on purpose, or just one major dumbfuck with regards to how this industry works. If you work for EA, it's both.

You better answer that doorbell. Moore is back to sign your paycheck with his cock.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think people were expecting the next Battlefield game with battlefront, and instead they got battlefront. Great in its time, in the infancy of multiplayer games, but did not age well as a game in modern times.

Battlefield games are still top notch. Way better than cod games, and while cod games might sell more to kids, battlefield was always a more cerebral and mature game than cod. Im looking forward to the next one for sure. I also enjoyed SWTOR. You shit all over that game, I remember that and yet its a fucking money making machine for EA.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think people were expecting the next Battlefield game with battlefront, and instead they got battlefront. Great in its time, in the infancy of multiplayer games, but did not age well as a game in modern times.

I also enjoyed SWTOR. You shit all over that game, I remember that and yet its a fucking money making machine for EA.
I agree. Changes are being made to Battlefront to make it even close to something resembling a multiplayer game with actual features. Things missing like something as simple as team re-balancing. How a game doesn't ship with that astounds me in this day and age. And you are also correct I shit on SWTOR. After Vogel was shit-canned it actually make a lot of progress in easing travel times and using those as time sinks. Once they made the change to 12X XP so you could just run through story missions, that is when I had a really good time with it while running through SW, SI, and IA story lines. JK as well.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im on mission 9 or so and this game is so intense, so cerebral. The end of mission 8 was some hardass shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Im on mission 9 or so and this game is so intense, so cerebral. The end of mission 8 was some hardass shit.
Do you run right up to them with your gun and shoot over both shoulders and then melee attack slightly to the side just like Polygon?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Took me way too long to figure out that demon's charged laser beam attack mechanic.
frown.png

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished the Foundry last night and I'm having a blast. Probably won't get back to it til this weekend but it's been really fun. Haven't touched the MP.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you run right up to them with your gun and shoot over both shoulders and then melee attack slightly to the side just like Polygon?
I grew up playing the original Wolfenstein > Doom > Doom II > Quake games, so no. I'm not some 19 year old intern using pg up and pg down to aim.

At the end of mission 8 you clear the room and all seems well... until.. 2 bigass motherfuckers pop out. I had no ammo or health and it sucked because there was no checkpoint either. Had to replay it 3 times.

Then I remembered I had the BFG. Much satisfy. Wow.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Took me way too long to figure out that demon's charged laser beam attack mechanic.
frown.png
My dumbass went in without any BFG ammo (or ammo of any sort) so I had to replay the mission. He went down pretty easy with the lock on rockets.

Still felt like I was fighting asylum demon in dark souls without my precious BFG.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It didn't sell through 12 million. It shipped 14 million and pass through is around 8. I would love to see the actual distinct revenue numbers. Why? Because they aren't Rolling in cash when they dropped the price 40% after the first ten days across all platforms because it wasn't selling for shit. Most of the revenue from Star Wars wasn't from battlefront you stupid fuck. It was from SWTOR's micro transactions. And that was the point of the entire fag fest with you. It doesn't sell 14 million. It didn't hit forecast at 12. It fell short by 40% but here you are, trying to pass along 14 million shipped to retailers in your last link hoping the original bullshit argument you made in the original thread vanishes with what was left of your common sense after auto-esphyxiating yourself to Peter Moore's dick.

Now I am sure people like Doom. Hell, I'll even rent it from redbox one day for three bucks when I'm done toying with your brain cell on here and the SA forums. And if I am wrong on the metacritic, Noodle is about to play some pretty sweet games. (Looks like that is becoming a reality). But that doesn't escape the fact that the only one that cannot admit when they got fucked in the ass by my keyboard is you as you continue to backtrack the original argument. Facts are facts my little internet bitch. And nothing changes the fact that battlefront didn't sell through even close to forecast. Otherwise, you would see that in their quarterly reports. You are either obtuse on purpose, or just one major dumbfuck with regards to how this industry works. If you work for EA, it's both.

You better answer that doorbell. Moore is back to sign your paycheck with his cock.
I still don't post at SA and never have, I still don't work in the gaming industry and never will. You're still a tin foil hat loser. Facts are facts, and you've been wrong over and over again...that's a fact.

rrr_img_133945.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I still don't post at SA and never have, I still don't work in the gaming industry and never will. You're still a tin foil hat loser. Facts are facts, and you've been wrong over and over again...that's a fact.

rrr_img_133945.jpg
That about sums it up. Now get on your pink trike and head back to Neogaf, because I clocked your posts at 1 Mile per hour and the speed limit here is way more than you can handle.

Bitch.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
My dumbass went in without any BFG ammo (or ammo of any sort) so I had to replay the mission. He went down pretty easy with the lock on rockets.

Still felt like I was fighting asylum demon in dark souls without my precious BFG.
I never remember to use the BFG. I used the gauss to deal with him in P1 and then my aoe rockets for P2. Once I figured out the charging predator aimed laser thing, sigh.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Activision heavily advertises with IGN. You guys know all these sites are bullshit already. That all came out after Gertsmann was canned from Gamespot and came clean on what happened after CBS bought Giantbomb.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Activision heavily advertises with IGN. You guys know all these sites are bullshit already. That all came out after Gertsmann was canned from Gamespot and came clean on what happened after CBS bought Giantbomb.

Sure we know but they can fuck a game like Alien Isolation with a small studio easy and to a much lesser extent doom.