DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wtf is wrong with reborn matchmaking, just had people feed chicken and abandon after more than 2 years of not having to deal with that shit.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The player pool is really low so the games are wonky as already discussed. Then again I started doing ranked on the normal one as well and the games have just been as terrible. I thought it would be better than non-ranked at minimum but that was sorely mistaken. Unless I play the game of my life then I don't feel no matter how well I support, mid or carry that it has any bearing on the game result. Probably just a bad run of 20 games but it's fucking annoying when after one death the whole team just starts bickering non-stop over how one player is ruining the game when it's still winnable.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm glad that's not the norm. As a new player, it's awfully annoying when someone abandons immediately after first blood like the game is already lost.

Shit happens incredibly often (like, 75% of the time).

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, abandons are rare.

Maybe you are still in the pre mmr pool? Sounds odd.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It gets better once you play like 50 games I think. Among other news, Reborn client will be made mandatory this week, so hold your hats.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see a straight up abandon, maybe one every 20-25 games? Disconnects are more common than that, internet issues, what not. But straight up abandons due to baby rage are super rare.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, awesome. I went from level 8 in Vanilla Dota 2, to 4 in Reborn. But wait! Now I have to get to level FIFTY to do ranked matches, whereas before it was 13.

Fucking annoyed.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I guess reborn is mandatory and live now, Also there is no guild anymore that I can see or find. I could just be an idiot. There is a rerolled chat room that we should populate. Just rerolled.

Edit: Also if you right click on the rerolled tab once you have joined you can give it broadcast priority to any window, and even a sound tag if you chose. Hopefully the guild option will come back soon.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Wow, awesome. I went from level 8 in Vanilla Dota 2, to 4 in Reborn. But wait! Now I have to get to level FIFTY to do ranked matches, whereas before it was 13.

Fucking annoyed.
The level you see is an entirely different and new made up metric. It has nothing to do with your battle rating level, which is now gone. I'm only level 38. I'm not sure what the requirement is to start ranked, but it definitely isn't the value you think it is.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The level you see is an entirely different and new made up metric. It has nothing to do with your battle rating level, which is now gone. I'm only level 38. I'm not sure what the requirement is to start ranked, but it definitely isn't the value you think it is.
I'm currently level 4. And from what I can tell, I don't actually have any way of leveling up either (the only trophies are for winning ranked matches, and the all hero challenge).

rrr_img_109371.jpg

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently level 4. And from what I can tell, I don't actually have any way of leveling up either (the only trophies are for winning ranked matches, and the all hero challenge).

rrr_img_109371.jpg
Look in your profile, find your trophy tab, find the experience trophy. It exists in there, that level is the one it is using. Not the 4 you think it is. The experience trophy is the new "battle points" trophy. Its not the level 4. In your trophy tab you have a level 8 battle point trophy (which is accurate), but I cannot see your in progress XP trophy.

My experience trophy is level 1 also, and I haven't played a match yet in reborn. No idea how fast/slow it levels. Its in an Available tab in the Trophies tab.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I love reborn, seems easier on hardware looms cleaner, etc, but the sound input for voice activation is rough.

Had my best game in months last night. Picked a position 4 bh, went 13-2-9? Ended up with deso, linkins, vlads, boots, heart (don't judge me), and urn.

The battle trophy should level pretty fast.

Oh, and some cam whore from LoL was streaming DotA last night when I was eating dinner and having what seemed to be a mental breakdown. I haven't laughed that hard for that long in a while. Someone told her Meepo was easy, so she played that for her first game ever, with people, not bots. Was fucking hilarious. She literally was doing everything wrong you could imagine in the 2 games I watched parts of (end of the first, start of the second).

Also, EE is total shit for a caster.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Why are people still building BH as physical dps is beyond me, slap arcanes mek and solar crest on that boy and you can stomp every teamfight.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I was going that route, had basic boots and urn, was about to go mek... Then Realized I was 5-1 and had enough for the deso outright. The heart was next, got like 15+ bounty kills.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, BH with track can snowball like crazy shit dies in like 2-3 hits with deso if you can get it early.