DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just opened it. wtf is midas mode?
There's a bunch of special rules, basically there's some meta currency the teams can use to do stuff, I think they have to buy their heroes with it(the heroes price is based on the meta, good heroes are worth more, bad heroes worth less, the starting prices are based on this patch's meta), and to win it they have to do challenges during the games and bet on results during the tournament(only on other teams, not themselves obviously).

I don't really know the details cause I only read some post about it when they announced it, sounded like a fun change of pace though and pro teams have still an incentive to take it seriously enough so it's nice.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of the challenges are like, destroy the first aegis, call out in all chat every time you smoke, and plant a tree in the opponent's base.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The shit talking between Optic and EG this game is hilarious. I haven't seen this much shit talking in pubs even.

Edit: Wow, some real salt at the end there. That "maybe you can make top 16 in TI" was harsh.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lmfao yea

Aaaand Icex3 breaking the game again. lvl 25 Panda talent with -65 cooldown on split with octarine is 20s duration and 26s cd lol. Hes just sieging the base endlessly hiding a brewling and theres not shit they can do

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
this midas mode tournament has been a lot of fun, bless dotas favorite autism inflicted omni picker for this idea

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Midas mode is so retarded it's actually funny. Slacks' int got nerfed in the latest patch though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
NA midas mode confirmed 100x better

nothing put true north american shit talking and high stakes moonbuckery

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Midas Mode lives up to the hype. The fact that it is at the Kennedy Space Center is amazing. Slacks is so fucking funny. He used to annoy the shit out of me, but either I've mellowed...or he has just gotten better.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Midas Mode lives up to the hype. The fact that it is at the Kennedy Space Center is amazing. Slacks is so fucking funny. He used to annoy the shit out of me, but either I've mellowed...or he has just gotten better.
I wanted to punch him for his Dreamleague acting, because he felt so forced, but if he's surrounded with the right people, he feels natural. Maybe it's because this is the Slacks show instead of some producer directing him.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I wanted to punch him for his Dreamleague acting, because he felt so forced, but if he's surrounded with the right people, he feels natural. Maybe it's because this is the Slacks show instead of some producer directing him.

Random Midas announcers are superior to the TI lineup. Anyone else agree?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Liquid vs MoF g2. How to win a pro game with a 2k pub draft.
I didn't watch the Liquid games yet, but holy shit did they knock out a ton of challenges. Lots of them looked like "waste aegis" ones too (die to neutrals, lowest net worth).

I really wanted to see the "blame your teammates for every death" challenge. In game 1 of EG/VGJ they were saying it was a perfect one for Arteezy.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I didn't watch the Liquid games yet, but holy shit did they knock out a ton of challenges. Lots of them looked like "waste aegis" ones too (die to neutrals, lowest net worth).

I really wanted to see the "blame your teammates for every death" challenge. In game 1 of EG/VGJ they were saying it was a perfect one for Arteezy.
It seems like half the teams haven't even read the rules properly and some of the challenges are pretty easy to pull off. Liquid also got a bit luckier with the randoms, getting drow/mirana/chen as first 3 picks is straight up busted, but they still play much better than anyone else. In the grand scheme of things with shitty drafts, what happens in the first 5 minutes isn't very impactful.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
EG's all-random draft was fucking disgusting. I think the order was Veno, Axe, Ogre, Abaddon, Bloodseeker. I don't know what the odds are of getting a well balanced team through complete randomness is, but it's gotta be low (although it also depends on what you think "balanced" means).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
EG's all-random draft was fucking disgusting. I think the order was Veno, Axe, Ogre, Abaddon, Bloodseeker. I don't know what the odds are of getting a well balanced team through complete randomness is, but it's gotta be low (although it also depends on what you think "balanced" means).
Thanks to scaling and talents all the way to 25, as long as you get a decent chunk of CC, literally anything can be a core. However if you get 3+ farmers, you are almost fucked, unless you are Liquid who know BH is the king of shitty lineups.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
w33 flaming Timado for the Thanks Purge bounty lol

Thanks Purge 150 M

The first person to die on your team must wait 30 seconds in the fountain after respawning. During this time they must continuously explain in all chat why they died and whose fault it is.

Midas Mode should be a monthly tournament, this shits hilarious