DOTA 2

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clip is down already, replaced with a working one.

The cultural divide between SEA areas and here is definitely different in certain aspects, though I'm curious if Valve contracts will have any effect as I assume any pro Dota 2 team has something legal signed with them.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clip is down already, replaced with a working one.

The cultural divide between SEA areas and here is definitely different in certain aspects, though I'm curious if Valve contracts will have any effect as I assume any pro Dota 2 team has something legal signed with them.

No idea what its like in SEA but slurs and other political correctness generally have historical context and don't necessarily carry between cultures. Another dota example is that the israeli player 33 from Optic used to use the nick TheCoon (used the South Park character as his player portrait).

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
No idea what its like in SEA but slurs and other political correctness generally have historical context and don't necessarily carry between cultures. Another dota example is that the israeli player 33 from Optic used to use the nick TheCoon (used the South Park character as his player portrait).

Yeah that's usually the case, but can definitely hear iceiceice realize he fucked up and immediately saying "a black person's name". Who knows if it'll blow up anymore but if it were just asian leagues and not an NA company I definitely think it would slide under the radar, but with all the OW drama starting to put a spotlight on player conduct the first thing every manager should be saying to their players is, "Shut the fuck up on stream and in chat."

Needless

Toe Sucker
If it hasnt happened already, nothing will lol

Dota is such a different ball game compared to league, hots, overwatch etc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well he got banned from Twitch obviously and Mineski made an announcement to apologize, but he hasn't been fired or anything(which would kill the team really so that makes sense).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's kinda obvious he shouldn't say that, but if anyone has any experience travelling, SEA and China especially has pretty casual attitude towards racism that is pretty deeply rooted in history.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Epicenter has had some pretty good games this week. Na’Vi vs VP was good and seeing Techies is always kinda lol.

Really not enjoying the casting talent though. Willing to write it off to it just being ‘different’ and not bad, maybe? But some of it is pretty bad. It sounds like very generic CS:Go casting. Stale, conversational and not analytical, and no hype play-by-play. Again, just different, could just be me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, Grant is a terrible commentator and I wish they'd stop using him for anything.

Granted (ha!), he seems to be better than he was last year, but he's still garbage.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Grants the only decent one imo, the rest are incredibly underwhelming

UNLIKE THIS COL VS LGD DRAFT, hell yeah

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love Grand Grant, but I could see how he is one of those guys that has his established audience/fans and is polarizing to everyone else.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Grant is enjoyable in games with NA or SA teams because of his intimate knowledge of those players, outside of that, super mediocre.

Also, Na'Vi beats both Secret and VP in the groups... loses to Pain Gaming. Fucking Na'Vi.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's a good point, i usually only watch him cast NA/SA dota where he knows everybody lol

That LGD/Col game, lmao

Moo pauses at the end "Sec", "strategy"