DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean they've only been together for 4-days... I do wonder if performing poorly immediately after forming is bad for long term morale..
Well certainly doesn't help, but I guess they can rationalize it at least. EG is always notoriously garbage the first couple of days of a tournament though. Like even back when they were good, they'd often drop down to lower brackets like retards and then have to work all the way through.

Cybsled

Big changes to the post TI8 pro circuit

http://blog.dota2.com/2018/06/the-dota-pro-circuit-2018-2019/

Quick summary: Restrictions on owners who have multiple teams (they can participate in majors/minors, but not TI), DPC points applied to teams vs players, allowing more roster changes during year but you lose 20% per changed person, DPC points reduced by 40% if you have a substitute playing vs. a core roster player, no more direct invites for majors/minors so everyone has to play for the slot.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Restrictions on owners who have multiple teams (they can participate in majors/minors, but not TI)

I wonder if this is even a real problem - must be aimed at China but at the same time I feel its probably easy to mask the true owner there.

DPC points applied to teams vs players, allowing more roster changes during year but you lose 20% per changed person, DPC points reduced by 40% if you have a substitute playing vs. a core roster player

I feel these rules create a bad situation for a team replacing a player - if they add someone who doesn't work out they lose another 20% DPC but if they have a trial period they earn 40% less DPC. Were the handful of times substitutes were used this year that big of a deal?

I'm not sure how i feel about team based DPC generally.

no more direct invites for majors/minors so everyone has to play for the slot.

This makes perfect sense when teams (/cough EG) win some meaningful DPC early in the season and get free invites for the year despite performance. Apparently teams qualified for the major can't go to the minor? Seems like minors will be a couple decent teams and otherwise irrelevant ones, its hard to see how minors are going to earn money on their events.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Idly have the the Giant Bomb nite stream at E3, between interviews they have the camera pointed at people mingling and I notice.... Cyborgmatt.

Cybsled

Navi getting shit on during a bo1 for the TI8 open qualifiers by a no name team. Feelsbadman.

Needless

Toe Sucker
must feel real bad going from winning everything on VP to losing to nobodies in an open qualifier with a shadow of a TI winning team lol

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I've enjoyed all the bot matches so far.

Thinking the bot TI is to prep for 5v5 humans vs bots?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
nerfed? cause stacking red mines was "fun"? just plays different now.

I last played when you couldn't stack mines but could still be effective mining in blind spots eg treelines in triangle formations. I meant after the "mines are now visible and make a sound change"

Just played an unranked game, first game of dota in prob 18 months and the hero was junk lol

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
141117.png

Mind_Control got in trouble, fined by Liquid etc for the above lol