DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
maaaan, my battle pass is alrdy 750+
i may as well just be a degen and go up to 1000 for an aegis at this point lol

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I feel like they're misleading themselves by providing the bots with perfect knowledge (programmatic access to inventories, hero positions, etc.) and perfect control. They reference real world applications but most real world problems deal with imperfect knowledge and imperfect control.

How so? The OpenAI bots don't get access to any information that they can't see. Mechanically, yeah, they could have that advantage, but even Blitz said the 'younger' bots only CS like a 2-3k player.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
How so? The OpenAI bots don't get access to any information that they can't see. Mechanically, yeah, they could have that advantage, but even Blitz said the 'younger' bots only CS like a 2-3k player.
They could, depending on how written, have instant access to people's inventories the moment they show on the map. Awareness of exactly how long it will take to get from one point to another using items in that inventory etc. The 'seeing everything at once in an instant and making calculations based on it." A human has to move his eyes around, click on things etc to get info. Even if the pros are insanely fast, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the instantaneous acquisition of information. Then you can get into computational stuff. He has these items inventory, is this level with this much damage potential. The computer can potentially calculate if a gank would be successful based off of that information. Lastly, they would /never/ misclick anyhting.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They do have total knowledge of all info available, they use special APIs and stuff and don't use actual "human-like" visual recognition. The whole thing is skewed heavily towards the AIs already with all the limits, so the fact they win now isn't really telling much imo. The AIs currently just analyze the data that's available to them and formulate a plan that's the most efficient, but they have no way to "guess" or analyze the lack of information, which is why they restrict everything that'd give humans an information advantage: invis, summons, illusions, wards, courier vision, various heroes unique traits like NS night vision and so on. You could beat the current bots with a team of fuckboys with just one of them playing Riki/BH and sitting on the bot asses all game to scout them and warding(not smart warding either, just your basic ward all the high grounds).

It's kinda like you had a team of bots playing CS:GO, but you removed all grenades and the ability to walk. Then the bots would just move all together with instant perfect aiming and complete knowledge of where the humans are if they ever move in range where footsteps can be heard and even if the humans camp, the bots will have perfect teamwork and accuracy so the moment they enter an area, humans might kill one bot but all their positions would be instantly revealed and they'd be killed. Humans might be able to do shit like shooting through walls but it's an unfair match from the start due to the restrictions.

Ultimately it just serves as free advertisement I think. Shit's been on the frontpage of Reddit via various tech articles and Bill Gates tweeted about it. But it's so so far from actually being able to beat a human team, not even a good one, in normal terms.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The AI has a long way to go, clearly. The least of which is the mirrored teams. That dynamic I do not like, but I do not mind restricting the variables of all possible heroes to 5. It probably creates a bizarre scenario where the bots are more knowledgeable about their own mirror matchup. I don't think I've played 1 game with a clone of bots on the same map. I doubt many players have, from novices to pros.

With that said, I think dota is a damn compelling place to test AI. I'd almost argue that it might be the best possible space, of any space to try to create AI that we have yet made. Our history books could end up with some wacky line that some AI that saved (destroyed) the planet started its life growing in Dota 2. I guess the Machines will worship 115 deities.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's still restrictions but yeah it's a lot better and should be a lot more interesting. Although I'm not sure if they'll be able to win with these changes, at least for now. Assuming it doesn't disapear, I'm excited to see next year's TI matches with the AI having another year to train. Definitely will be watching that shit especially since it's right before Monster Hunter release so I won't have anything else to do anyway.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was soon but couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t showing up on the Reddit side bar as upcoming. At least I’ll have something to do at work today.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
EG looks quite a bit better than the other teams, though I don't think how they're playing is good enough to stand up to Liquid or VP.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah, this summit is kind of bottom of the barrel lol, it's like last year how VP almost won by not playing the same hero twice until like game 3 of the grand finals lol

vp and liquid are still unreal good, but this year should be a chinese team if the pattern continues. Looking forward to see how china adapts lol

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
BSJ, Kyle, and Grant Grant to TI8. I can see how people might hate them but I think they are hilarious and can’t wait. The tourney a few weeks ago where they were all casting was the most fun I’ve had watching dota in a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not really a fan of Kyle all that much but theres definitely worse. Very glad Grant & BSJ are casting though, bsj as a player/streamer im not a fan of but i think he has good chemistry as a caster with those guys. Pretty much everybody was awesome at The Summit 9

I had 37 or so treasures, opening them i got 3 of those 50 battle pass levels, which got me like ... 4? more treasure 3s, which got me the WD set and 2 QoP's lol
I got the OD one too but not the one i actually wanted (PA) :(

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have incredibly bad luck with Dota rares. I opened 22 Immortal 3's and zero Rare's, Ultra's, or Cosmics.

From the Immortal 2, I got the WK sword and the golden wrist bands for Dark Seer.

From Immortal 1, I got the Lich Skull. I can't even begin to count how many of these fucking things I opened at this point.

I got to two TI's and get zero drops, while my friend gets 1 the first year and 2 the second year. He was able to sell all 3 for $150 apiece.

Thx Gaben.

• 1Like