DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
When we went last year i think every person i went with (5 of us) ended up getting 3 or 4+ of those drops each, we must have had some insane luck lol

I have a few of the WK swords/lich skulls if anybody wants one, pretty sure i can gift them?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see they are throwing Team Veggies against the AI bots. That should be fun.

I wonder if they will just try to play a standard game of Dota against the bots, or try to "break" them by using non-conventional tactics that would never work against humans. For instance, I think I saw one of the pro's purposely get low health to trigger a chase mechanism from the bot, only to get kite killed by the towers.

Cybsled

Blitz posted that his mom is super serious about them winning because Bill Gates name dropped the challenge and she doesn't want her son to lose to AI lol

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gaben just gave out a truckload of free treasures because something was bugged. Opened them all. Still didn't get shit, lewl.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Haha me too, thank fuck. Thats the one item i actually wanted. I didnt get anything from the like 25 i opened after though :(

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I dropped $20 on the witch doctor rare from the market early yesterday. Walk up to my computer last night and randomly see I have the wd rare from the reroll. Of course by that time the market price was down 50%. Cool stuff....

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I assume its less valuable being that for every support player they have 100 cores. The PA is worth the most and yet from the first treasure.

Cybsled

I suppose the meta counts as well. The first void immortal used to sell for very little until like Ti3 when Xboct went nuts on Void and it shot up to like $150, then he got nerfed and the price crashed (now the price sucks because they made another void weapon immortal).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That Open AI showmatch was pretty impressive(in terms of how the AI played, the matches were terrible).

The AI still has some bugs to work out(double warding, smokes are 100% wasted everytime by just smoking in range of heroes/towers or just smoking then attacking a creep) but their teamfights is just way too good. Besides the near instant hex reactions which makes most blink dagger initiations pointless, the fact they'll instantly punish anyone who's very slightly out of position gives them such an edge. It's also interesting how they use very different timings and general strat than the usual human teams. They play to win early, they give their supports like Lich xp early on, so he can nuke the shit out of everyone harder, and aim to close at 20. That looked really oppressive and the fact it feels they're everywhere all the time, everytime someone steps in the lane to farm, here have some nukes in your face motherfucker. They also don't flinch. You try to scare them off by turning around and nuking them back and humans would just generally retreat and play it safe, but the AI knows, they just keep autoattacking and kill people under towers.

I'm sure there's some tricks you can do to make them bug out and what not, but I'd expect next year they'll probably have illusions, couriers and most heroes in the pool and it'll be hard for a human team to actually beat the AI in an "almost normal" game of dota. Their gameplay is just too clean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hoping the pros take some notes from how those bots played. Too often I see people playing way too passively. These bots prove that you can absolutely crush if you just 5 man deathball. You'll especially see this later in the game where a team will get a 1-2 man pickoff, hit the tower once, and then spin around a bunch while waiting for either a buyback or...something else? It's really frustrating to watch, and it seems like every pro team plays that scenario incredibly passively. The bots, however, see even a small advantage and turn it into an overwhelming push.

I would like to see how they do against an actual pro team though, instead of a hodge-podge of 2nd tier "pros."

I'm kind of hoping they just make a 24/7 Twitch channel of the bots playing. I believe their normal games are sped up so they're not real time, but I think people would watch it if they normalize it. I mean, shit, Bot TI was awesome, and if you think about what it was it's incredibly stupid.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This comment on Reddit is good "turbo games with 18 heroes have their own "meta". The bots figured out their meta. Humans had no experience in this meta."

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally bought a compendium. Took it up to 223 with various recycles, extra compendium levels, etc... Actually snagged the PA ultra rare in my last Treasure 1. Pretty sure that's the only ultra rare I've ever opened. Only like $25 on the market or something. Oh and my last game was April 18th at this point. Soon as my roomate gtfo I need to get back to playing.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is a cool analysis video of why the bot's destroyed the Veggies. Their tactics and strategies.

1. Stat's from items are powerful, rather than saving gold for ability items. Stats + Regen = win lane
2. Tri-lanes priority, with a high kill potential. Crush the safelaner with no mercy. Dive, dive, dive.
3. Spread all levels & last hits among all 5 hero's, not just the 2 cores. More burst damage potential coming from all 5, rather than just a few.
4. Burst damage and control. Pick one enemy, eliminate them with spells coming from all 5. Pick next enemy, elimate them as all 5.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users