DOTA 2

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its crazy that 7 of the 8 invited teams in the EU qualifiers are CIS. There must be a bunch of good western european players who just get themselves together long enough to form decent teams, its like they're NA or something...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A large amount of the good european players are already in teams that got direct invites, with OG, Secret and Alliance. Meanwhile only VP was invited, so yeah it makes sense the qualifiers has more CIS teams.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's even more busted in pubs with all the 'good' pudges that are totally not using the prediction scripts
What prediction scripts ? Last time I checked you still need vision and some map sense, so baddies will stay bad.

Liquid is the new EG, twice I have seen them get huge advantage 4v5 in the early game only to throw it in 2 teamfights 5 minutes later. Navi is out, but I think they should keep the roster, even though playing single core seems crazy in this day and age.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
A large amount of the good european players are already in teams that got direct invites, with OG, Secret and Alliance. Meanwhile only VP was invited, so yeah it makes sense the qualifiers has more CIS teams.
There were quite a few western EU players in the open qualifiers, and a number sitting out. (Sing, Qoijva, Zai, etc.).

ROX, Elements and Spirit are all a mix of semi-known and relatively unknown players. HellRaisers isn't really what they were either. Not saying that any of the qualifier teams were better than the invitees (barring maybe Kaipi), but there must be 1-2 potential EU-west teams that could be formed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There were quite a few western EU players in the open qualifiers, and a number sitting out. (Sing, Qoijva, Zai, etc.).

ROX, Elements and Spirit are all a mix of semi-known and relatively unknown players. HellRaisers isn't really what they were either. Not saying that any of the qualifier teams were better than the invitees (barring maybe Kaipi), but there must be 1-2 potential EU-west teams that could be formed.
Well sure but it's not like every good player from every region is always going to be in a team for a major/TI, that's just how it is, some teams don't make it, some guys don't find teams. There's more CIS teams in the qualifiers cause there's a lot of CIS teams, especially with a bunch of newer players popping out and stuff, but in the end for the major, there's not gonna be like full CIS teams and no EU team or whatever, it's fairly balanced.

You could argue that the regions should be split as there's so many good teams from both EU and CIS, and that'd be a solution I guess. But you'd probably end up with a REALLY shitty EU and CIS qualifier, and only one slot for each region for the majors, which means depending on how the scene develops, someone would get fucked. Currently, if you have 2 strong CIS teams or 2 strong EU teams not invited, both can get in, but if you split, realistically you'd only have one spot for each.

That said from the looks of it, one of the few EU teams in the qualifier is also going to qualify, so the end result for the Major seems like it's gonna be 2 CIS teams and 4EU(mostly) teams, so not seeing much of an issue with the qualifiers invites.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Merlini flaming both Archon and CoL is fun.

The EU qual games were fun to watch, most of them were pretty close.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched the C9 4-hour game, at least that one was interesting where C9 was trying to win. This game is so boring since both sides are just trying not to lose.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
DC doesn't seem to be outskilling these teams but they definitely have better direction. Its hard to see them taking games from the top teams but I don't think they're dead last either.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I forgot how much I dislike lone druid. The bear still feels so cheesy.

Also DC v Archon game 3, I don't think I've seen an hour long game where a bristleback feels useless the entire game.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
DC threw that game. You CANNOT outrace a lone druid.
Meh, they hadn't really been winning fights though so its hard to see what they could have done. If Bulba's bots were off cd, or had TA and BB gone sooner (and not hit barracks for a couple seconds) maybe it would have worked /shrug.

I think Shaker won Archon the game, so many great echos & fissures.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think she was even the correct pick, they were just hellbent on running her. Almost any other carry would fare better.