DOTA: Dragon's Blood

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
New season just dropped
1660241984744.png

Caliane

well the second episode ending choice certainly was... odd. I'm not sure if its terrible writing/planning, or just more of the grand adventure. "did we write ourselves into a corner? nah!!! got this easy solution!"

I mean, how can you care about any of these characters when they are all new people basically.. with new histories. Everyone they ever knew rewritten as well. all their friends and families gone.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
well the second episode ending choice certainly was... odd. I'm not sure if its terrible writing/planning, or just more of the grand adventure. "did we write ourselves into a corner? nah!!! got this easy solution!"

I mean, how can you care about any of these characters when they are all new people basically.. with new histories. Everyone they ever knew rewritten as well. all their friends and families gone.
It's unfortunate. I really dislike the trope, it's basically time travel 2.0 which makes it very hard to take any story seriously.

1660363743901.png

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's unfortunate. I really dislike the trope, it's basically time travel 2.0 which makes it very hard to take any story seriously.

View attachment 427889
e2a.jpg
I assume you are still watching, but if you have finished this season:
If you missed it, the "heroes" only thought it was some kind of multiverse at first; instead it was the Evoker just destroying the current universe, and making a new one. Only 1 universe exists at a time.

Caliane

I'll give them props for actually addressing this point. They don't shy away from this. but it doesn't really help much...
if everything can be made/unmade over and over. nothing matters.. Even when returning to the previous save.. the ancients, stones, and prison dude not really addressed. The super cancer for whats her face. Alot of this feels like spectacle over substance. Characters are gods. but what does that even mean? the marvel movie problem. The scope has lost all sense of meaning. People, peasants, armies, lives are meaningless.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I generally like this show but the editing and screen time is so tight that none of the characters really get a chance to breathe or develop. They pack a ton of plot into each episode but I could barely recall what happened in season 2 when i started season 3 a few days ago.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
e2a.jpg
I assume you are still watching, but if you have finished this season:
If you missed it, the "heroes" only thought it was some kind of multiverse at first; instead it was the Evoker just destroying the current universe, and making a new one. Only 1 universe exists at a time.
Oh I know invoker was basically hitting the reset button on the universe, but the end result is the same. Characters who died are now back and part of the story. Deaths and other events have zero weight when 2-3 episodes later that character is back again.

Burns

Oh I know invoker was basically hitting the reset button on the universe, but the end result is the same. Characters who died are now back and part of the story. Deaths and other events have zero weight when 2-3 episodes later that character is back again.
I thought it was a bit funny that the first episode after the blip they made you think, oh great, more multiverse bullshit. Instead it turns out, nope, the Evoker just keeps killing everyone and starting over. A subtle difference that I liked, even though the results were kinda the same.

The main difference (hopefully) is (after the restoration) you don't have the whole marvel multiverse bullshit were they can just go and change anything and call it good multiverse writing. Hopefully the machine's notes are truly destroyed and they move on to something else.

Whether or not they wasted a half season on this all depends on what they do with Filomena, now that she somehow survived the recreation of the universe and is cured of moonblight.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Instead it turns out, nope, the Evoker just keeps killing everyone and starting over.
Dude should have got more than ending up in defacto purgatory.

Also, something seemed very familiar about the ending of this season.....

1660708255593.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it was a bit funny that the first episode after the blip they made you think, oh great, more multiverse bullshit. Instead it turns out, nope, the Evoker just keeps killing everyone and starting over. A subtle difference that I liked, even though the results were kinda the same.

The main difference (hopefully) is (after the restoration) you don't have the whole marvel multiverse bullshit were they can just go and change anything and call it good multiverse writing. Hopefully the machine's notes are truly destroyed and they move on to something else.

Whether or not they wasted a half season on this all depends on what they do with Filomena, now that she somehow survived the recreation of the universe and is cured of moonblight.

She isn't though. Last episode, she looks at her wrist in the field of dead flowers.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm. Maybe I'll rewatch that bit again. I don't recall, but you could be right.
I might have read too much into it but it seemed implied that Mirana giving the shopkeeper the book was what cured the disease.

Burns

I might have read too much into it but it seemed implied that Mirana giving the shopkeeper the book was what cured the disease.
Yea, that's the impression I got. She lived through the remaking of the universe, and the disease faded away (it may mean the moon is totally fixed too). Now she is free to do what ever they want with her next season.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It would mean the universe wasn't remade back to how it was and this is a new iteration.

Cybsled

Invoker had a smile when we last saw him and he always has plans inside plans, so I suspect he did something. Given that the disease appears cured and that was always the failure factor, that can’t be a coincidence

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed seasons 1 & 2 in a "cool, its dungeons & dragons and shit" but season 3 kinda lost me. Scenes that seemed like they should be important just had no weight to me since I don't know fuck all about the game lore or characters. Oh no this guy died wait never mind he's back oh no he's dead again, I guess?

I thought they were building up to some giant primal evil being unleashed, characters kept mentioning a Primal Beast or something being imprisoned in the moon but that all was a wet fart? The Invoker kept saying they gotta keep the Ancients trapped but that didn't seem to amount to anything. That prison warden who looked like Mysterio was an easter egg or something? Felt a little too meta-gamey to talk about this is the 12083'd iteration, like its all a video game and Invoker is on NG+ run 12000 lol

Dragons were a big part of seasons 1 & 2 and were neat and my main draw but in season 3 they essentially just served as batteries for the forge. I don't understand how the Moon Goddess of s1 was kinda a bloodthirsty lunatic but at the end she's peaceful and kind, shouldn't she be the insane one again? If Sun Queen can change that up, why couldn't she just rewind a few more mins and keep Davion alive lol

• 1Solidarity