Dr. Cliff Huxtable was a mega rapist

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know about the depths of Cosby's depravity, but given that Chuk seems to think that drugging someone without their knowledge and having sex with them is just getting "some strange", I know I wouldn't want any daughter of mine near Chuk.
That is not what Chuk said. Honestly sounds like Cosby took advantage of his fame and was a casting couch OG. They gave up that ass and probably got nothing or little for it. They were humiliated.

He very well could be a rapist. I personally need some real evidence and not people's word.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Sure, I get that. I'm not saying that they should take this to trial. I just think that after all these woman came forward, with other allegations from people that he was always known as somewhat of a creeper amongst women, that I wouldn't want him anywhere near women that I know.

Certainly dismissing all these allegations as 0x30=0 is absurd.
Ok but, what do you do? What are we to make of this? "Keep an eye on Bill because shit is suspicous" ? Yes, absolutely. Then what?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know about the depths of Cosby's depravity, but given that Chuk seems to think that drugging someone without their knowledge and having sex with them is just getting "some strange", I know I wouldn't want any daughter of mine near Chuk.
when did i say any of those thngs

khalid

Unelected Mod
when did i say any of those thngs
Well, you didn't, quite. The serious accusations are the ones that involve him drugging them unwillingly and having sex with them or molesting them while they were knocked out or dazed. You seem to think all Cosby was doing was getting "some strange". So I just connected the dots.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can believe cosby is a dirty old man based on a bunch of women's claims. Accusing cosby of a capitol crime, you gotta do fucking better than juust words

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I can believe cosby is a dirty old man based on a bunch of women's claims. Accusing cosby of a capitol crime, you gotta do fucking better than juust words
No you don't. If you want him to be found guilty in a court of law you do, but if you just want people to know that he did it, words are just fine.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and then when he tries to defend himself from your unprovable accusations, you can sue him for defamation of character! Hurrah!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not reading this shitstorm. Sorry pals. Last page was too awful to go back. It looks like no, but I'll ask: has any real proof come out yet or is it still a LOT of accusations?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Well not taking sides but what exactly would the evidence be as? Saved DNA samples from 30 years ago from a rape kit? Video or audio recordings? What exactly other than their word will be the "break" in the case? Unless the Coz straight up admits it I don't think anything will be resolved.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
At the time, rape was only considered a violent attack by a stranger.
see it's not just "At the time" it's throughout all of recorded human history for all I know

honestly i'd rather think of rape that way and have a word for the rape based on non consent

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well not taking sides but what exactly would the evidence be as? Saved DNA samples from 30 years ago from a rape kit? Video or audio recordings? What exactly other than their word will be the "break" in the case? Unless the Coz straight up admits it I don't think anything will be resolved.
a police report for starters. its awfully convenient for these women to wait for the statute of limitations to run out so they can make any claim thy want and not have to worry about being charged for filing a false police report.

khalid

Unelected Mod
am i? why is lena dunham protecting the identity of the person who allegedly raped her?
Again, the Lena Dunham case is totally different from these. Lena Dunham wrote a book, tried to use this as publicity to sell her book. Not only that, but even by her account, it wasn't rape. That is totally different from people coming forward, with no financial motivation, to make accusations that if true are CLEARLY rape.

Please stop equating the two. It is absurd.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Again, the Lena Dunham case is totally different from these. Lena Dunham wrote a book, tried to use this as publicity to sell her book. Not only that, but even by her account, it wasn't rape. That is totally different from people coming forward, with no financial motivation, to make accusations that if true are CLEARLY rape.

Now I'm not saying this is the case, but if you're a famous and charming black man, perhaps you enjoy getting tail. Perhaps you also enjoy getting the girls relaxed with a stiff drink. Perhaps the girls don't like how he treated them, and regret it afterwards. With the color of 30 years, perhaps one of them comes up with the idea that she was drugged, and with the kind of numbers Bill probably pulled, there are probably a few more that want to believe they were drugged too because they regret their actions, there's nothing to lose now and only publicity and money to gain, and maybe they don't really remember what happened anyway.

Can we not acknowledge that this scenario is also possible? I'm thinking the guy is probably a creeper and may well be a rapist, but in the absence of any evidence, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to innocence, as we all should. Why are we so eager to believe felony accusations with no evidence?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

it is not absurd to equate the two. both made rape claims with no evidence of anything happening at all. the latest accuser(s) sold her/their story/stories to vanity fair. dont give me that shit about these women not trying to cash in.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok but, what do you do? What are we to make of this? "Keep an eye on Bill because shit is suspicous" ? Yes, absolutely. Then what?
You have to put him on a scale and measure his privilege. Then youknow.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No you don't. If you want him to be found guilty in a court of law you do, but if you just want people to know that he did it, words are just fine.
If we came up with 30-40 people that are willing to "just let people know what you did" how would that feel? No reason, no lawsuit, no monetary compensation, just to "let the people know." Are you saying that would be ok?

Now, I'm not saying he didn't rape these girls, or at least reach some level of creepy that shouldn't have been crossed, or whatever. I don't know. And it *seems* like this many women can't all be making it up. But your statement that words are just fine because you're "letting people know" is dangerous, and even you should know that. Sure, maybe it is all the recourse these girls have now, and maybe they are telling 100% truth, and now some other girl might be spared the same fate. But you have to at least see where it is a dangerous statement to make.