Dr. Mario's Retard Rehabilitation Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
you're going to get absurd reactionaries and progressives regardless of whether you're rational or not. letting the extremes dictate the norm is the tail wagging the dog.
The reason I don't like SJWs is because they are reactionaries also. They display all the same behaviors.

Progressives don't act like this. Progressivism has always been been incremental, about laying the social groundwork for change before pushing policy, and then trying to make sure the policy matches the social reality of the situation.

SJWs are literally the same kind of shit-flingers they're fighting against.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I got mad because I've spent the past year defending internet/gaming communities like this one to other people, and then you guys just end up being irredeemable rape culture enthusiasts. This board was originally pretty reasonable outside of a few assholes but has gone way way way off the deep end towards right wing reactionary nutjobs.

I don't like SJWs because I don't like hypocritical profiteering off exploiting victimhood, the 'I-know-better-than-you-about-your-oppression' sexism and racism, the faggy white knight douchebags, and I especially don't like ideological litmus tests. But you guys seriously need to re-evaluate what kind of values you stand for. Keep 'pushing the envelop' on free speech by getting up on a soap box and defending the worst of the worst kinds of valueless, hateful, inciting speech, and you'll find the pendulum snaps back pretty fucking hard.

The real threat to free speech is abusing it to the point where these crazy zealot SJWs, who are more organized and have more friends in the media than you ever will, are able to successfully take it away from you. Yeah, it'll be just like prohibition, it won't work and it won't last, but you seriously risk suffering the consequences of a generation of censorship because you chose to stick up for hatespeech over basic human decency.
maybe i'm just drunk and haven't read rerolled in a week, but lol.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Mist, whats the point of all this? Is this your protest to open up the eyes of the forum to wormies trolling ways? Is this your last hurrah before you leave the forums? If its the later why not just stop coming to the forums without the bullshit.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Maybe if people didn't act like absurd reactionaries all the fucking time, and actually tried to aim down the rational center of an argument, it wouldn't be.
You are complaining about reactionists. You, who had a completely irrational reaction resulting in a complete breakdown?

iannis

Musty Nester
No one has to decide anything, I'm not talking about changing laws, I'm talking about changing attitudes. If you spend all your time defending vulgarity and hatred, people (very organized people with sympathetic ears throughout the fourth estate) WILL use that opportunity to try to take your free speech away from you, and they will be able to make some compelling arguments.
Yes, they'll try. But no, none of their arguments will be compelling.

For it to mean anything at all you have to protect the speech that you DON'T agree with, or like, or see any good in.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Wait wait. Did Mist just say we are being reactionary and she is finding the rational center of an argument when she said boys who are willing to say they like having sex with girls at college and put up a funny but tasteless sign to that effect on their private home were terrorists?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Its funny, the "yes the law says what Zimmerman did was ok, but he never should have done it, because his attitude was wrong" argument was made about Zimmerman also. The argument changed from "of course he stalked and murdered that boy" to "he just shouldn't have been there, because racism, thats whats wrong in this country."

Now Mist wants us to "change our attitudes" about sexuality. She is LITERALLY the thought police.

Fuck you. Up your hairy fucking bunghole.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I been thinking and I've realized the lesson that Noodle was trying to teach me. So from now on, I will be reporting anyone who is mean to anyone on these forums.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I been thinking and I've realized the lesson that Noodle was trying to teach me. So from now on, I will be reporting anyone who is mean to anyone on these forums.
You might want to get comfortable here then asshat.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also, do should I pretend to be a chick to make the enforcement of these rules easier on the mods? Any thoughts?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We can't ban Gavin for fear of being sued for discrimination against the disabled.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thats not really a good answer as to why the fuck I am here for 7 days

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Its funny, the "yes the law says what Zimmerman did was ok, but he never should have done it, because his attitude was wrong" argument was made about Zimmerman also. The argument changed from "of course he stalked and murdered that boy" to "he just shouldn't have been there, because racism, thats whats wrong in this country."

Now Mist wants us to "change our attitudes" about sexuality. She is LITERALLY the thought police.

Fuck you. Up your hairy fucking bunghole.
Another person who just plain fails at reading comprehension. I'm talking about changing attitudes for what's acceptable public discourse.

Remember bathroom stalls? Back in the 80s and 90s, or before that if you're old enough. Literally wall to wall vile shit.

And then some miracle happened, and all of it got cleaned up. All that shitty speech just suddenly moved online. But then the internet became a public space instead of a series of private spaces to deface. And now all that shitty speech that was at one time relegated to the bathroom wall is now bleeding over into public discourse. If all you choose to do with your free speech is use it to try to turn the world into your bathroom stall, people will try and push back against that, and you'll have a very hard time defending your position if it's built on valueless, degrading speech. Lithose is absolutely right, and I think he gets my point. It's playing brinksmanship with free speech, and I'm not sure you'll like the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.