Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I save scummed 2 chests in emprise pretty quickly. I would go to the one in the boat, save, then re load until i got something good....then move to the camp by the tower. Instead of travelling back to skyhold, i would save and exit to menu, then load back in to reset the chests. Loads you right back on top of the chest, and it's much less loading screen time. That saved a ton of time.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, I've been playing a lot of MP lately, mainly on my necro. Just got the griffon bow yesterday.

If anyone wants to group up, I can carry you through routine, and through threatening when I get my necro up in levels again. Shoot me a message

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Finished my 2nd play through last night and got my plat. This may be my fav game of all time.

Knight Enchanter was pretty OP on my first run through on hard, but can not hold a candle to the OPness that is 2hand Reaver...even on nightmare (which was only nightmare at the mission before skyhold which made me grind a bit)

Look me up for some MP -

PSN hassel99

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
Been playing this multiplayer for the last week - having fun. Just got my first guy to 20 (elementalist) and just got my first ilvl 23 item (white staff). Gotten 2 epics (2h sword, 1h mace) and I have unlocked about 60% of the classes.

I am on PC as koobiak if anyone is playing. I enjoy playing melee but the ranged guys are about 5000x more survivable in anything other than routine difficulty.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have been chest scumming the elven temple you get the sword pieces from. Cannot get a single masterwork tier 3 armor to drop or any mw staffs. So borring
Haha that's what I did before I made that post (Cradle of Sullevin). I mostly wanted to get a Seer Staff. After an hour I'm like, "What am I doing? This game isn't even that hard...".

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So...does this game vastly improve after the first couple hours/prologue area? I loved DA1, thought DA2 was alright, It was a decent game, but DA3 has yet to grab my interest at all. The combat just seems so rudimentary. Run up to mob, hold down button until it dies...repeat. At least early on anyways, does that get better?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So...does this game vastly improve after the first couple hours/prologue area? I loved DA1, thought DA2 was alright, It was a decent game, but DA3 has yet to grab my interest at all. The combat just seems so rudimentary. Run up to mob, hold down button until it dies...repeat. At least early on anyways, does that get better?
Yes, and getting out of Hinterlands vastly improves everything about the game as well.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yes,

The first 4 hours in Hinterlands sucked I almost quit, once you get to skyhold the game really kicks into overdrive.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Good deal, thanks, sounds like I just need to stick it out a little longer to get to the good stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm only halfway through but the entire game is basically like Hinterlands so far. The gameplay gets better as you get more abilities though. I doubt I'll ever really feel in control of my party with the awful control system though. I don't know why they couldn't just copy what worked in Baldur's fucking gate. Just throw the camera in the sky and let me select my units like we've been doing since the 90s.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You seem to be pretty much the only person in this thread that thinks the entire game is basically the Hinterlands. You sure you just didn't go into this game looking for a reason to hate it? I know I have done that shit with some games in the past.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I didn't even mind the hinterlands and all but completed it. I'm just saying that the problems in the hinterlands don't fundementally go away in the other zones. The mantra of 'skip the hinterlands and go to the other zones' don't make much sense since the zone layouts and quests are nearly identical.

I went into this game with pretty high hopes and am mostly enjoying it. I just think it's a bit overhyped so far here. I'll reserve judgement until I actually beat the game!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
tried killing first dragon in hinterlands, Cassandra pretty much face tanked it and had perfect positioning to avoid its AEs. I wish our MT in WoW could've tanked Sapphiron in 40man naxx as well as she tanked the dragon.

Origins told me I was offline in the middle of the fight, so when I finished I tried to fix it via restarting. Now I can't play DAI because Origins is actually down. I should've stolen this game!

Oh and I tried the duping bug for the first time because I don't want to farm in a singleplayer game and they fixed it in the last patch haha.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am about 70 hours in and losing interest in completing the last 3 areas i have left. Emerald graves, hissing wastes, and emprise du leon. Is there anything cool i would miss in skipping those and just finishing the story? Ill grab some masterwork schematics but otherwise dont care for more bear ass quests and shards.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The shards are the worst collect quests I think in the history of gaming. Half of the ones I get only get unlocked from the power of shiny skull after I've traversed the area.

I miss when collection quests weren't marked on your map and getting them actually required searching and hunting and not just blindly following a compass.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Most of the good weapon schematics come from hissing wastes. Just do the main quest in the zone. It's also a metric shitload of XP.