Dragon Ball Super

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
kv5_01.png

From Toei official

Cybsled

Nice the tournament finally started. Not surprised at how Goku and the usual suspects acted lol

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
great start to the tournament, did not disappoint. only 1 minute passed, we must be on Namek time.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've never watched this series, but you guys (and a non-board friend) talked about it enough that I'm giving it a shot. Started back at episode 1. I'm on episode 5 now. It's dumb, but I don't mind. Very "dragon ball" in that regard. The cat dude is fucking up Bulma's birthday party right now. Why is she so wealthy, anyway?

Cybsled

Bulma is wealthy because her family owns Capsule Corp, which is an ultra monopoly company on the planet. You know how in some shows they throw down a capsule and a cloud/smoke appears and then there is a car or food or whatever? They make that. So she is the richest person on the planet.

great start to the tournament, did not disappoint. only 1 minute passed, we must be on Namek time.

lol ya, no shit. I was like "wut 1 minute?". They're going to stretch the fuck out of this tournament. They could have a real time fight that lasts 20 minutes, then the narrator at the end will probably say "2 minutes have passed, will Goku be able to defeat the fighter before time runs out???"

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah when they said only 1 minute passed I was thinking this tournament might last a full year. 1minute per episode lol

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I've never watched this series, but you guys (and a non-board friend) talked about it enough that I'm giving it a shot. Started back at episode 1. I'm on episode 5 now. It's dumb, but I don't mind. Very "dragon ball" in that regard. The cat dude is fucking up Bulma's birthday party right now. Why is she so wealthy, anyway?
honestly the start of the series is pretty shit... the animation quality is total shit. you might be better off watching the two movies they did, it's the same plot with a lot less filler, and much better looking animation. things get progressively better after that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So, I just finished episode 9 of the series. Goku has officially become a "Super Saiyan God". And what this means, is he's gone from black hair to yellow hair to RED HAIR! Oh shit, he's a fucking ginger now. It's time to Smear the Queer, Beerus.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So, I just finished episode 9 of the series. Goku has officially become a "Super Saiyan God". And what this means, is he's gone from black hair to yellow hair to RED HAIR! Oh shit, he's a fucking ginger now. It's time to Smear the Queer, Beerus.
Don't worry it doesn't last. He goes blue hair instead.

Cybsled

The biggest clue was when Universe 9 got deleted, their angel smiled. Not just smiled, but the upper portion of their head was shadowed and dark when they did it. Pretty sure that is code in this show for dark intent.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The biggest clue was when Universe 9 got deleted, their angel smiled. Not just smiled, but the upper portion of their head was shadowed and dark when they did it. Pretty sure that is code in this show for dark intent.
Not only that, they emphasized the evil look on daddy angels face when he said go ahead wipe out the Universe.

I think Whis will stay aligned with Universe 7 though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, I haven't really watched DB since the end of the Cell saga, but nostalgia has been calling me back and I've heard good things about Super.

I did the "recommended" and watched BoG, then episodes 15-18 before watching Resurrection F. I'm told to start with episode 27 after that. Problem is, it looks like the last dubbed version of the show available on IPT is episode 24. Are you guys who are watching the series watching the subbed version of the show? No matter how hard I try, I can't deal with subbed anime, so if that's the case I'll just wait it out, I guess.

Cybsled

Yes, all the new stuff is subbed. The Funamation dubs are like 60 episodes behind or w/e at the moment.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So, I haven't really watched DB since the end of the Cell saga, but nostalgia has been calling me back and I've heard good things about Super.

I did the "recommended" and watched BoG, then episodes 15-18 before watching Resurrection F. I'm told to start with episode 27 after that. Problem is, it looks like the last dubbed version of the show available on IPT is episode 24. Are you guys who are watching the series watching the subbed version of the show? No matter how hard I try, I can't deal with subbed anime, so if that's the case I'll just wait it out, I guess.
Going from dub to sub is tough because Goku is a completely different character and the voice is retarded. Everyone else is pretty similar though. DBS doesn't use the vastly superior Bruce Falconer soundtracks that DBZ did so its just the voices you gotta get used to.