Dredd 2 (2024 Confirmed!)

Fuck this bullshit.
This is an atrocity considering there's been 6 Fast and Furious, 4 Twilight, and 7 Tyler Perry 'Madea' movies.
mad.png

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Supposedly added with the DVD/Blu-ray sales, they didn't break even, which is disappointing. One article I read mentioned they might be trying to do just that.

On another note, isn't it natural to sell off a lot of that stuff, since they wouldn't use it again?

I can understand using the same props for the Hobbit movies, because they're filmed together, but you wouldn't need some of those characters' attire that they're selling.

Not that I know for sure, but just attempting to shine a little light on a potentially grim situation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They shit the bed on video because it didnt go on sale til a month after the christmas season. Last chance is when this hits cable in 6ish months and if it gains cult following then a sequel may happen. Maybe. Seems the studio never had faith in this movie to begin with.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If a movie flops in the theater it almost guarantee's no sequel. Hollywood just does not consider home video sales to really be part of a films grossing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The marketing team behind this movie royally fucked it from the outset. Not only was it not marketed well when it was in theaters, but I literally saw 0 commercials for the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't think dredd stood a chance, between pl still remember stallones dredd and rob schnider, then getting that confused with demolition man (i actually had 2 ppl think the 3 seashells were part of dredd) and being released in such a comic heavy year... avengers/dark knight rises/ spiderman/mib3, it was bound to get lost in the crowd, along with zero advertising.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been a fan of Dredd for more years than i care to remember and I thought the movie was okay, nothing special and a little disappointing. Surprised it didn't get a sequal though considering some of the shite that gets them

Though someone should have been fucking bitchslapped into the next life for the abortion that was the Lawmaster.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The movie only grossed 14 million in the US according to IMDB. Like 35 million world wide. That's tough to get a sequel from. Instead we will get 20 more remakes of shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dredd opened the same week as End of Watch, Trouble with the Curve, and House at the End of the Street.
Resident Evil: Retribution and Finding Nemo 3D had opened the week prior.
Looper, Hotel Transylvania, and Pitch Perfect opened the week after.
Taken 2 and Frankenweenie in week #3 then Argo, Sinister, and Seven Psychopaths in week #4.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I'll watch it cause Karl is in it, but reading that synopsis, I really don't see the hook. So an emotionally crippled human learns to love from a robot? This is gonna carry a whole TV series?