Dresden Files

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not a whole lot has been revealed about Harry's mom. I have a feeling it will be coming in the later books.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So im on ghost storys and i read most of the wiki site and know whats coming up, but has it been said how lea was connected with harrys mother specifically?

Harry's mother was a powerful wizard, with serious connections and loved by most for various reasons. Beyond that, nothing much.

Also fuck you guys for bumping this thread with no release date news.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Harry's mother was a powerful wizard, with serious connections and loved by most for various reasons. Beyond that, nothing much.

Also fuck you guys for bumping this thread with no release date news.

Haha that's the main reason I looked in here cuz I thought that was it. Then I went to his page and realized dude just does too many cons and shit to have the book done this year. It'll be like end of spring next year if we are lucky. Which would put it 3 years since Skin Game. Dude is gonna GRRM the rest of this series out.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
So im on ghost storys and i read most of the wiki site and know whats coming up, but has it been said how lea was connected with harrys mother specifically?

In Changes Leah revealed that Maggie was part fey (a changling). Harry's mom had deep ties to the Winter Court - enough to employ Leah as Harry's Godmother (huuuuuuuuuge). Leah is second only to Mab in Winter.

Current theories are that mother winter is Maggie's mom.

Malkav

French Madman
Haha that's the main reason I looked in here cuz I thought that was it. Then I went to his page and realized dude just does too many cons and shit to have the book done this year. It'll be like end of spring next year if we are lucky. Which would put it 3 years since Skin Game. Dude is gonna GRRM the rest of this series out.

Well at least it's not Rothfuss.

But I sure hope Butcher will be back to around a Dresden/year after that. I get he may have wanted a little break from it to write something else.

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dang I was hoping the bump meant he had a release date.

I wish these nerd writers would spend less time fucking around at cons and enjoying their popularity and you know do their job. Mainly so I would have more shit to do other than my you know job.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
He released two Dresden Files comics in October, a Molly short story this week (her first day on the new job), and a butters short story next month (his first day on the new job).

He needs to stop saying yes to every project people offer him.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He said in an interview recently that it's still pretty far away :(

New short story next year about Lucio set in the Wild West, that has me interested at least.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
UMM 6? more books in the series to go if i remember correctly.. could be 3 but pretty sure it is 6.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
In Changes Leah revealed that Maggie was part fey (a changling). Harry's mom had deep ties to the Winter Court - enough to employ Leah as Harry's Godmother (huuuuuuuuuge). Leah is second only to Mab in Winter.

Current theories are that mother winter is Maggie's mom.

Wait what. I've re-read the series 3 or 4 times and I don't remember anything about Maggie being a changling. Where did that come from?

Chubzy Wombat

Silver Knight of the Realm
SPOILER QUESTION.

Okay im on ghost stories... something just hit me how did harrys daught not die when susan was sacraficed.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
simple solution... "Magic"

game solution, Susan bought a Race Change- she changed races to red court vampire. thus no "human" was now related to her genetically-her "race" changed

book solution,,, "Magic"

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
SPOILER QUESTION.

Okay im on ghost stories... something just hit me how did harrys daught not die when susan was sacraficed.

The Bloodline Curse can only go "Upwards" or at least, in this case, it was directed that way. It doesn't go downwards.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The Bloodline Curse can only go "Upwards" or at least, in this case, it was directed that way. It doesn't go downwards.

That is how I understood it, but I can see the confusion with it. Not that I cared I was too busy loving the whole chapter. Murphy embodied by an angel kicking ass, Black staff ripping the life from 100's in an eye blink, DJ Molly doing her thing, the whole thing with Mouse and his god mother, and the first glimmer of winter knight strength all in one chapter.