Dresden Files

Ritley

<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 15m
Reactions
10,912 434 0 0
Yeah I really liked Aleria, almost as much as Dresden. I mean it’s not super complex or anything, but the overall plot was really interesting to me. I actually hope he goes back with a second series, the way he left it didn’t really conclude the overall arc.

OneofOne

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 13h 18m
Reactions
403 55 0 0
Aleria was just weird. Can't say I enjoyed it. Has kept me away from Cinder Spires, even though I think the Dresden Files is one of the best series of all time. I too don't read magazines, so this compilation books sounds sweet.

Brand

<Donors Crew>
22h 1m
Reactions
248 16 0 0
I really enjoyed Codex...I've toyed with the idea of using it for the basis of a RPG campaign. It is just too hard to get my group together now with kids etc. We stick to board games for the most part.

Himeo

Molten Core Raider
Reactions
1,313 433 0 0
I just wanted to say fuck Jim Butcher for taking forever on this book.
The delay is because of his divorce, re-marriage, and moving across country.

Last edited:

Fyff

<Donors Crew>
1d 9h 4m
Reactions
475 46 0 0
The delay is because of his divorce, re-marriage, and moving across country.
It's been like 4 years. That's one hell of a move. Is he walking?

I don't know what he gets for a convention appearance but it can't be more then selling millions of copies of a book. Guy has been consistently working 20+ weekends a year a year at conventions.

I feel like the delay is because he isn't in to it. He has moved on to other realms. Writing is weird. You can't just force it. If the guy isn't in to it, he isn't in to it.

Rime

Lord Nagafen Raider
4d 1h 14m
Reactions
513 34 0 0
I feel like the delay is because he isn't in to it. He has moved on to other realms. Writing is weird. You can't just force it. If the guy isn't in to it, he isn't in to it.
This is the truth of it.

He stated at one point that he was going to take a 'short' break from Dresden to clear his head before gearing up for the end of the series. That was four years ago. I guess we should be excited for the short stories anthology? o_O

Himeo

Molten Core Raider
Reactions
1,313 433 0 0
He released a Dresden Graphic novel last week. If you're looking for more Dresden stories check out the comics.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
<Donors Crew>
13h 8m
Reactions
779 181 0 0
Nah, eating a single chip just makes me wish I had an entire bag to chow down on.

Malkav

French Madman
<Donors Crew>
1d 18h 5m
Reactions
431 25 0 0
Almost caught up on my third re-read. Up to Cold Days.

Butcher need to get his ass back to writing this.

Malkav

French Madman
<Donors Crew>
1d 18h 5m
Reactions
431 25 0 0
And now I'm once again caught up.
Please someone light a fire under Butcher's ass so he gets back to writing tome 16.