Dresden Files

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I really liked Aleria, almost as much as Dresden. I mean it’s not super complex or anything, but the overall plot was really interesting to me. I actually hope he goes back with a second series, the way he left it didn’t really conclude the overall arc.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Aleria was just weird. Can't say I enjoyed it. Has kept me away from Cinder Spires, even though I think the Dresden Files is one of the best series of all time. I too don't read magazines, so this compilation books sounds sweet.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I really enjoyed Codex...I've toyed with the idea of using it for the basis of a RPG campaign. It is just too hard to get my group together now with kids etc. We stick to board games for the most part.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The delay is because of his divorce, re-marriage, and moving across country.
It's been like 4 years. That's one hell of a move. Is he walking?

I don't know what he gets for a convention appearance but it can't be more then selling millions of copies of a book. Guy has been consistently working 20+ weekends a year a year at conventions.

I feel like the delay is because he isn't in to it. He has moved on to other realms. Writing is weird. You can't just force it. If the guy isn't in to it, he isn't in to it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
I feel like the delay is because he isn't in to it. He has moved on to other realms. Writing is weird. You can't just force it. If the guy isn't in to it, he isn't in to it.

This is the truth of it.

He stated at one point that he was going to take a 'short' break from Dresden to clear his head before gearing up for the end of the series. That was four years ago. I guess we should be excited for the short stories anthology? o_O

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
He released a Dresden Graphic novel last week. If you're looking for more Dresden stories check out the comics.

Malkav

French Madman
Almost caught up on my third re-read. Up to Cold Days.

Butcher need to get his ass back to writing this.

Malkav

French Madman
And now I'm once again caught up.
Please someone light a fire under Butcher's ass so he gets back to writing tome 16.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This isn't for the book but:

Fox21 Television Studios has reportedly optioned the rights to Jim Butcher’s long-running contemporary fantasy novel series “The Dresden Files” with plans to develop a series.

The story follows private investigator and wizard Harry Dresden, as he recounts investigations into supernatural disturbances in modern-day Chicago in his job as the world’s only ‘consulting wizard’.

He accepts supernatural cases from both human and nonhuman clients, as well as the Chicago PD’s Special Investigation unit and takes on an increasingly important role in the supernatural world at large.

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
And now I'm once again caught up.
Please someone light a fire under Butcher's ass so he gets back to writing tome 16.

The first draft for Peace Talks was finished a few weeks back. It's in the hands of the editor right now.

Should be out sometime in 2019. Probably Summer.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
This isn't for the book but:

Fox21 Television Studios has reportedly optioned the rights to Jim Butcher’s long-running contemporary fantasy novel series “The Dresden Files” with plans to develop a series.

The story follows private investigator and wizard Harry Dresden, as he recounts investigations into supernatural disturbances in modern-day Chicago in his job as the world’s only ‘consulting wizard’.

He accepts supernatural cases from both human and nonhuman clients, as well as the Chicago PD’s Special Investigation unit and takes on an increasingly important role in the supernatural world at large.

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Honestly needs to be an hbo/starz show to do it justice. Especially later in the series. Also fuck people for bumping this, thought we had an actual announced date for Peace Talks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
The first draft for Peace Talks was finished a few weeks back. It's in the hands of the editor right now.

Should be out sometime in 2019. Probably Summer.

Hallelujah! Please someone light a fire under the editor's ass now.

And they're redoing a TV show? Hope they stay close to the books this time around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hallelujah! Please someone light a fire under the editor's ass now.

And they're redoing a TV show? Hope they stay close to the books this time around.

Animated is the way to go, RL show with a typical budget is going to be shit. Need Altered Carbon levels of production values or that T-rex and so on it going to look awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Animated or hbo/stars/netflix/maybe FX

and should remain...truer to the books, can expand alot, but instead of wrapping up everything every episode, go serial style. each book could take ~4 - hr long episodes depending on the book.
plus can toss in the short stories as well

15 books x4 episodes per book = 60 episodes plus ~ 23 short stories, add in some filler, or expanding out the books some with side content, etc could relatively easily convert to a 100 episode series.

provided it is done correctly.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fox is bicurious when it comes to scifi/fantasy. Yes, some get the axe fast, then you get your Fringe, X-Files, Lucifer once in a while too.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Update sort of from JB's site.

Why’s Peace Talks Taking So Long?
(An explanation, so you can stop emailing complaints to the feedback box, which doesn’t reach Jim, and mainly just frustrates the folks running this site.) Personal problems/life events spanning the past several years are what gummed up the works.

• Got divorced, with all the fallout that comes from that.
  • His dog died, who was “the brains of the operation” as Jim tells it.
  • Got engaged, then remarried.
  • Moved to another state to live with his fiancee, now wife.
  • Lived in an apartment with no private writing space for years longer than intended because the contractor building his new house blew the deadline by a couple years at least.
That last bit made it especially hard for him to get traction on Peace Talks. Thankfully, the house is finally finished and Jim is back at work, under the guidance of his new canine buddy Bru and his wife’s four majestic cats.

As of January 14th, 2018, the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 40. Progress!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users