Duel of Champions (Might @Magic F2p CCG)

Caliane

They just said on reddit they fixed the easter sale.

Also, yeah I laughed a bit at the "didn't use any HoN" and 3/4 of his deck is HoN. but did assume he meant game was won without using said cards in a fast game.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Wrong deck sorry, thought I had my other one. My mistake; and she had soul reaver and moonsilk in her original plus boneyard out and got waxed. Wouldn't have mattered what she had though, the whole deck is built around the cyclops and buffing them which again is all non-HON minus the 1 card. Again not saying HON doesn't make a difference just saying its not nearly as a big deal as some people are making it. I actually will probably remove my HON epic in this deck for another cyclops, I had just incluced her since she is a huge blocker with that premeptive strike incase I need to by some time to set up combo's.

Its not a gimic OTK deck like some out there. Look at enlightened owl's deck, utilizes BS2 for almost all creatures and tosses in the uniques and is extremely competitive.

I'm going to work on a similar idea that I tried out but wasn't focused enough on with acemday. Dervish epic is one of the most underrated cards there is. You get her with bless+ice armor so they can't remove her outside of chipping away with AE spells and she just destorys a board. Also if you play necro and want a sick combo put vampire assasian and the swift/charge air buff together. Complete board clearer if they don't have some magic to remove it. Give it magic resist or ice armor to boot. So many good combo's out there that I don't see utilized much because everyone just trys and mimics the cookie cutter decks.

Have they said anything about changing the daily quest shit? Still sitting at my original 5 WC daily quest and not touching it, fuck 5 haven wins.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Have they said anything about changing the daily quest shit? Still sitting at my original 5 WC daily quest and not touching it, fuck 5 haven wins.
Only thing I've seen was a single paragraph from a CM saying we've heard the complaints from basically every single player who ever posts, we're gonna let the devs know!

And that's about it.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Decided to push through and just play until I finished the stronghold quest. Did so, and here's my new quest lineup:

rrr_img_65005.jpg

Guess I'm done with dailies until they patch or something since I hate playing swiss.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My other win condition is leveraging double attack, people just don't see it enough and completely fuck up and think 1 blocker will save them. So i went with a 10 cyclop creature deck combined with 4 bless, 4 war tent, and 4 +3 attack fortune buff. The rest is just filler to keep me in a good tempo/even until I get a cylopos out. Thats why I went with Zardoc plus I can use his ability to get around blockers if I need. I only use him for Bless or I'd go with Kat. My other option is the new stronghold hero with ice buffs which I still may do but thats 4 magic requirement which i'm already spread thin having to get 6/2 for my fortune buff and cyclops, so I like to go 6/3/2.
Yep, that's the deck I've had the most success with too in the last 10 days. Cheap to make really. I don't have Might of the Tribe, and only 1 Blackskull and 1 Enraged Cyclops, but it works pretty well. Although the 2 swisses I played I lost badly against demon decks. Those decks can come out too fast.

Edit: decklistDeck :: ZardocStandard | MMDoC King

Sinzar, this version is a lot 'cheaper' as in not that many HoN cards or rares and epics. Key is put some early 1, 2 and 3 drops out, then a Cyclops Brawler. Then you Bless and/or War Tent him, if he survives that should pretty much be game (especially with Zardoc's ability).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Rare Hakeem sighting (1656 elo one none the less)

Even though he lucked out hard on getting that many insect swarm draws to keep it even close (i was stupid early on, i knew the first one was coming and should have moved my creature away from the 1 damage shooter but figured i'd risk it hoping he didn't get 1 let alone 3 insect swarms).

Then boom goes the dynamite. I just really, really miss my old suprise attack combo with this since i'm limited in my single target removal but now with zardoc's ability I can just load up for bear. 12 cards that add 4 to 6 damage each makes it just a matter of time. Thats the only reason I run the 5 hp 2 drop creatures, to kind of hold the early game at a draw or get a slight advantage.

Replay :: Turbo-Fangz vs Esotericist | MMDoC King

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yep, that's the deck I've had the most success with too in the last 10 days. Cheap to make really. I don't have Might of the Tribe, and only 1 Blackskull and 1 Enraged Cyclops, but it works pretty well. Although the 2 swisses I played I lost badly against demon decks. Those decks can come out too fast.

Edit: decklistDeck :: ZardocStandard | MMDoC King

Sinzar, this version is a lot 'cheaper' as in not that many HoN cards or rares and epics. Key is put some early 1, 2 and 3 drops out, then a Cyclops Brawler. Then you Bless and/or War Tent him, if he survives that should pretty much be game (especially with Zardoc's ability).
forget my advice here, I've been playing all evening with it in the suisse and maybe won 30% of my games. Decks in that form sucks. Guess I was thrown off by the 7 win streak a few days ago.
Turbo's version might be better, but then you're indeed looking for a lot more rares and epics.

Caliane

hrm. just got 2 wildcards from the 5 towers packs I was refunded.

so yeah. This could have been a big chance to abuse a bit. and get free fogotten wars.
But even now, if these 5 towers for gold have wildcards. thats big deal too.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didnt get lucky with my pack, I'd think it's not effective at all playing the 1 in 6 chance or whatever for a wildcard even if it is gold. (unless someone has 100's of k saved I suppose.)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I didn't see the stream myself, but saw posts on forums saying HoN becomes purchasable with gold tomorrow when the current sale ends. No mention of what pricing will be like.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Decided to come back to the game, haven't played since December. Got 113k gold and 4660 seals (and 65 WC). Should I buy anything tonight (the packs for gold) or wait until tomorrow ?

edit

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You should spend your seals on hon boxes, because they come with superpacks, which have more rare cards than packs bought with gold, and you also get a lot of wildcards, something else you dont get with gold. Another option is to save some seals for the next expansion, but thats thinking very long term and probably not worth bothering. 4500 seals buys 3 boxes, which is 30 superpacks, which is 60 rare or epic cards from the expansion and lots of other stuff. That should basically give you everything or close to everything you need from HoN. Then fill in the gaps with the ~100 or so wildcards those boxes will give.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Guess they fixed it, bought 6 packs and got 5 towers. Didn't pay much attention to what I got beside a Tower of the Inventor and a Tower of the Dreamer (which I already had).

Took a quick look at the Altar of Wishes and noticed that many cards have 2 prices. Can someone explain ?

Caliane

yeah, HoN is gold tomorrow.

But seals do get you wildcards, and higher rare count in theory.
I got zero rares or heroics from my HoN boxs. FU RNG!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Took a quick look at the Altar of Wishes and noticed that many cards have 2 prices. Can someone explain ?
You can buy cards as base set 2 version, which are much cheaper, but won't count towards classic achievements such as "collect every void rising card", or you can spend four times the price to buy the classic version of the card, which is exactly the same except for meeting said classic achievement criteria. It's a completely retarded system, just buy the cheaper version always.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So what is a Gold or XP Boost? I cashed in a week's worth of daily rewards just to see what it built up to (1 whole wildcard after a week, hooray), but I don't see anywhere the boots are stocked up or anything, and I was still getting 1k gold and 200 xp for campaign wins.

How do they work?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Boosts only work in ranked duels, not campaign matches. While it's active, you earn double experience, and +50% gold after a match (or is it 50% exp and double gold? I don't remember). Pre-patch they lasted for 5 duels. Post-patch they now last for a set amount of played time per use, I don't know how long exactly.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So I have about all classics and one of the only cards X 4 I didn't have was the epic from haven that has heal 2 and is a low cost shooter. I just had 2 and before the patch I was debating to get 2 just because I like to try out odd combo's in hopes of developing the next big deck. At the last second I said fuck it since I hate haven. Well low and behold yesterday I decided to develop a deck from left field leveraging nothing relation related but alot of high end epic fatties etc and I was going to setup a bitch of a combo in my mind and that was the low cost epic with healing and heal hero etc and then have magic resist from prime and put phased spell on him so basically they couldn't destory him without a 8 damage spell or necro removal.

Anywhose....so ya thats one of the only epics that don't have the cheap version available so i shelled out 56 WC's for those 2 epics to have 4. Played like 4 games and realized I hated haven even more (was 3-1 though!) and said i won't play again even though sadly i'm 2 wins from my 5 WC quest that has been there since day one.

Sad panda! I've been messing around with a acedemy deck leveraging all shooters and beasts combined with maasta's ability to summon beast 5 resource golems on turn 6. I throw down buildings to make them have phase and they just ass plow plus whirling dervish are some of the most under rated 5 resource cards in the game with double attack on kill w/ swift and ranged reflect. Just insane when properly used. So many good tools and I run magic resist againt to make my fatties tough to deal with since it cuts magic and magic creatures in half and for only 1 fucking resource!!! I've literally never seen this card played in a single game but to me its hands down the best 1 resource spell out there. 7 health creature with immune to relation, magic resist to spells and magic creatures? Good luck with that one friend (fuck you necro).

If i see alot of necro's i can throw in the creature that forces you to have to target them, that combined with 4 event cards on single target and I can keep fatties alive along to melt. Still tweaking it but once I get done playing with Bravery default i'll get back to playing again. I tanked elo from 1650 to 1350 again trying to come up with a variety of deck combos that aren't in play and this was one of the few that actually showed promise. I really want to develop a strong prime hero since they have some nifty tricks up there sleeve but still haven't found one i'm completely happy with. I might go back to myranda, she has all the right stuff to make something competitive I just need to put it together.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Have you tried out elraths protection? Immune to spell damage and immune to targeting for 4 resource/magic. If you combined phased with that spell, the unit would be immune to everything except broken bridge. Kieran has light and primal to use both!