Duel of Champions (Might @Magic F2p CCG)

Caliane

Really disagree on base Inferno. Garrant was gutted.
bloater, lurker controls? ok great. even maniacs, good control/removal. ok.
now what? going to kill them with lashing lilims? you delayed for what? to drop 2/0/6 creatures?

The rares are a bit better. but no banshee either.

Ignatious is great, sure. damage on opponent discard. especially when paired with HoN damage on demon death. and halls of torment.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played this for some time and never got too into it when i did. I did enjoy it however.
Is this not worth playing in it's current form? I see quite a few negative responses here. I tried Hearthstone but find it boring after several days of play.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The game itself is still great, probably the best online card game out there. The issue is the devs went full retard with the latest expansion with some of the changes. They did add a very long single player campaign, which is a lot of fun and worth playing through (and rewarding to beat). If you're lower ranked, you can have some fun in dueling other players as well. At higher ranks, the problems discussed above start to show up though.

Caliane

Yes, the game itself is great. We are all a bit pissed at the economic changes.

Log in to check out the new stuff and get the free Sanctuary deck, which you only get for a limited time at least.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Enjoying the single-player campaign quite a bit. It's too bad there's only one thing you can buy with gold now; the new gold/seals systems really sucks.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
All I have to say is inferno if well played is the second strongest faction right now in the 1500 elo range. They have so many ways of control and hero damage relative to most in BS2. I can't tell you how many times I thought I had a flat domination victory and got destoryed before it was all said and done. The epic fucker is extremely annoying to deal with early on and then the new hero can combo her ability to just shred you. Both their fate and magic builds are just a bitch to go against. They also have 99% of creatures all demons which open them up for multiple combos.

Honestly if you don't think inferno is strong you might not have seen it in full effect. Granted it might be weak in hands of the average folk which I guess means its not strong as a necro type deck that any idiot can roll into and do well.

Caliane

so. you mean HoN, not bs2?

yes, HoN inferno has some nice stuff.
All the direct damage. yes that is what new inferno seems to be built for. But its all in HoN. while base2 has almost nothing.
new event card with all demons. again, great. Also HoN.
Lava spawns are both epic AND HoN.

Also, epic cards pretty much required.
caller of the void for direct damage, or chaos seer for the discard deck.

The BIG epics are doom bringer, and abyssal worm. kindof weak. (doom bringer has a place in the direct damage of course.)

base inferno is like haven was. It needs HoN, and it needs epic cards to function. (thralls are uncommon admittedly, but still HoN.)
Sweep isn't going to get you wins.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so. you mean HoN, not bs2?

yes, HoN inferno has some nice stuff.
All the direct damage. yes that is what new inferno seems to be built for. But its all in HoN. while base2 has almost nothing.
new event card with all demons. again, great. Also HoN.
Lava spawns are both epic AND HoN.

Also, epic cards pretty much required.
caller of the void for direct damage, or chaos seer for the discard deck.

The BIG epics are doom bringer, and abyssal worm. kindof weak. (doom bringer has a place in the direct damage of course.)

base inferno is like haven was. It needs HoN, and it needs epic cards to function. (thralls are uncommon admittedly, but still HoN.)
Sweep isn't going to get you wins.
Yeah, the new demon deck is expensive. I have mostly played Dhamiria before last week's patch, so I have a decent set of Inferno cards, but none of the good HoN ones yet (just bought 1 box). I played a bit with that deck in the current Standard environment, but it did not perform as well as before HoN. (Abyssal Worm is a rare (blue) btw, not an epic.)

I've got a decent and cheap Zardoc Stronghold deck now for Standard play. Just slowly expanding my card collection with the campaign rewards and buying a BS2 pack every 15K gold. No tournament wins yet.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
can someone link this OP Necro deck i've been hearing about? Looking at the lists i just don't get it.

Caliane

Any deck with Batman in it obviously.

Necro in general strong.
This one is popular. not sure if its the "OP" one you have heard of.
Deck :: Seria 4/4/3 (Standard) | MMDoC King

Banshee is probably the strongest Bs2 epic. it really stands out, and pretty much a must buy for 7 wildcards if you play necro. get 4.
dark spells were always strong, and not really nerfed all that much in bs2.
soul reaver and banshees in a ton of instant kill power.

Atrophos still there too, to bring banshees back.

Vampires were the main focus of HoN, and really dynamic/powerful in their additions.

This deck has some, but doesn't focus on it.
its boneyard swarm.

phoenix, atrophos, and boneyards to swarm the board.
direct kill spells, and broken bridge, to clear and pick banshees back up.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Not a mondo combo. But batman I assume is deathlord. Him with arcane armor was not fun. Very hard to nuke down, now counts as magic if you tried to out fight him with incorpreal. Is dark so not difficult school to have on hand unlike some better enchants in awkward colors.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I've had very limited problems with vamp decks, its more traditional necro creatures with 1 of 3 different hero builds. I still seldomly run into issues or see boneyarrd in alot of the necro games I play for some reason in the 1350-1650 elo range for some odd reason.

I tweaked my deck to more of a rush stronghold with Kat with alot of removal spells until they do something about necro removal just because its annoying as fuck to have alot of high resource cards that all can't be played unless a no target event is up. 90% of the first 3 I drop of my top end fatties are always insta wiped no matter what. Worst is getting my 6 resource cyclops enthralled.

Still usually manage a way to win against them but its just annoying and unfun to have non stop removal coming at you with zero options. Especially since banshee still works against the spell ward orcs. They need to remove banshee or reaver and be done with it, I think reaver would be the best choice so its not too huge of a nerf but cutting out banshee recyling would also be a good solution.

And again, a smart player with manic, bloater, lurker, juggernaut and the shooter demons still freaking can dominate and control alot of decks. HON is just icing on the cake. Fucking bloater + AE earth nuke for board wipes against my 7 hp creatures makes me a sad panda.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've had a win 5 games with stronghold quest for about a week now (nice that it never changes....) but haven't been playing much, because stronghold is completely worthless in standard without HoN cards. Today is a jackpot tournament only allowing commons, so I make a stronghold deck for jackpot hoping to knock out the quest there. First game I win easily enough, then the next 4-6 games? the opponent concedes within the first 2-3 turns because I guess they had a bad start against my early archers/oliphant, etc.

Turns out, if the opponent gives up before turn 5, you get jack shit for quest credit. After multiple games of that trash wasting my time, I just said screw it. Who in the world hired their quest designer, he needs to be taken out back and beaten.

Caliane

I've had a win 5 games with stronghold quest for about a week now (nice that it never changes....) but haven't been playing much, because stronghold is completely worthless in standard without HoN cards. Today is a jackpot tournament only allowing commons, so I make a stronghold deck for jackpot hoping to knock out the quest there. First game I win easily enough, then the next 4-6 games? the opponent concedes within the first 2-3 turns because I guess they had a bad start against my early archers/oliphant, etc.

Turns out, if the opponent gives up before turn 5, you get jack shit for quest credit. After multiple games of that trash wasting my time, I just said screw it. Who in the world hired their quest designer, he needs to be taken out back and beaten.
huh.
Pretty sure I got one of my wins with academy on a turn 1 quit.

Right now Easter sale.
Easter Weekend Sale: Five Towers Packs available for Gold until next Tuesday. : duelofchampions

5 towers available for GOLD.

HOWEVER! totally bugged. you get forgotten wars, NOT 5towers from the packs.

Not sure how they are going to handle this.
Might be a chance to dump some gold on it. getting forgotten wars and 5 towers. if support decides to let you keep your cards, and refund your gold.
or, might just say, buyer beware, you got forgotten wars, deal with it.
or, might take back the cards? not likely.

Keeping in mind, these are all season 1 cards.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Actually strong hold is one of the best decks w/o HON, one of my 2 versions literally only uses 1 fortune from HON which is the 6 might 2 fortune +3 1 turn buff. The BS2 uniques are monsters against any deck outside of necro. Unless you commit to an enrage deck, HON cards are lack luster for stronghold for the most part. The 4 might melee shooter is pimp if you put your creatures in position to get kills when your oppontent doesn't think you can kill their creatures and you drop that for an extra damage.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Mass beat down of a 1400 elo necro deck (Ariana) using actually all but 1 BS2 card in the game (I run 1 other card X 4 in the deck from HON but as you can see I didn't use even though that would have led to even more epic beat down).

Granted I would have been in abit of trouble had she had an insect swarm up going into turn 4 but still would have been fine since I had war tents+bless plus normal/epic cyclopse. I could have 1 shot her for 20+ with that combo and had 2 sacrifical alters ready for removals.

I've been trying to do too much with my other stronghold deck so I broke out my 2 primary win conditions and made 2 decks supporting that type of play style. One is might stacking with the new HON epic + skullscrusher epic; combine that with suprise attack you can kill any creature in the game in 1 hit/suprise attack other then the sancuraty guy who has the protection buff now or someone with iceshell. That combined with +6 quick attack at 10 might and being able to throw on +3 attack for 2 resources it is nasty.

My other win condition is leveraging double attack, people just don't see it enough and completely fuck up and think 1 blocker will save them. So i went with a 10 cyclop creature deck combined with 4 bless, 4 war tent, and 4 +3 attack fortune buff. The rest is just filler to keep me in a good tempo/even until I get a cylopos out. Thats why I went with Zardoc plus I can use his ability to get around blockers if I need. I only use him for Bless or I'd go with Kat. My other option is the new stronghold hero with ice buffs which I still may do but thats 4 magic requirement which i'm already spread thin having to get 6/2 for my fortune buff and cyclops, so I like to go 6/3/2.

I don't like insect swam too much but in this case I use it to clear a path for the huge kill shots or weaken the blocker so I can get a kill of a creature and still drop the bomb on the hero. I have not seen a single deck like this one since the patch and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Its fucking insane, biggest weakness is gimmic decks with immoltion and the mass rage one. Mainly mass rage since I can't sucker them into a false sense of safety and then drop mass buffs to my cyclops since the beserk attacks. Or I buff them with bless/war tent and the fuckers drop a cursed spell on me and I hit some blocker for 16 damage and kill myself. Immolotion isn't bad, I just make them pretend they are raping me and even make fake complaints and then I have my quick attack guy come in on a war tent and buffed with bless/+3 fortune buff and blow them up out of no where.

9-2 so far with this deck against 1300-1500, fucking went on a 0-10 loss streak trying to get a enrage deck to work like I wanted and said fuck it and went back to the drawing board and came up with this one. I'd highly recommond it especially since its an unknown in the meta currently so people just get suprised when you 1 shot them from 18 health. The best play ever is the idiots who see the fear 4 cyclops and actually move their creatures away giving me a clear path. 4 resources total on buffs later and he gets bombed for 18 and will never make that mistake again.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Have they fixed the wrong cards from the easter sale? I might buy them up to finish old collect FW cards stuff. Then again I was pretty close to done with 5 towers. Just all the epics missing..... Guess it'd help if I knew which of the 2 had more good cards that are in BS2.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Mass beat down of a 1400 elo necro deck (Ariana) using actually all but 1 BS2 card in the game (I run 1 other card X 4 in the deck from HON but as you can see I didn't use even though that would have led to even more epic beat down).
Didn't watch your replay yet, going to after this post (maybe I should watch it before but eh) but just to point out, the deck you are using has 16 HoN cards in it, not 1.

4 week of elder races
2 goblin mentor
4 stormrage hunter
1 anael, chosen of the light
1 damran, chosen of the thorns
4 might of the tribe

The big issue I have with stronghold without HoN is the early game. You have options like goblin mentor and stormrage hunter to fill out your early game curve. Without HoN cards, the options are much more limited. In the decks you've discussed recently with stronghold, you keep emphasizing how you are losing but then have a win out of left field with double attack and might of the tribe buffs. Well, without HoN that sudden win condition is now gone and it's back to stronghold was just losing the match.

This wednesday makes 2 weeks since the patch, so maybe HoN will become available for gold, but who knows since the staff has been on some kind of radio silence since bs2 patch came out.

Edit: After watching the replay, I see now you mean you only actively used 1 HoN card during the match. That was certainly a well played by you during that match, but you had a great draw with your opponent not drawing into any answers like swarm, moonsilk, etc.