Duel of Champions (Might @Magic F2p CCG)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Boosts only work in ranked duels, not campaign matches. While it's active, you earn double experience, and +50% gold after a match (or is it 50% exp and double gold? I don't remember). Pre-patch they lasted for 5 duels. Post-patch they now last for a set amount of played time per use, I don't know how long exactly.
Is there a way to tell when it's active? I see nowhere on the UI in any menu that shows I have a boost active.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Is there a way to tell when it's active? I see nowhere on the UI in any menu that shows I have a boost active.
Just to the left of your deck selection area on the Lobby screen with the red play button it shows two boxes: one for xp boost and one for gold boost. They last one hour each.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Anyone suggest a relatively decent deck to start climbing the ladder with that won't cost 200 wildcards? Been playing around with inferno but not diggin it too much and trying to research decks seems pointless with the new patch.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Necro with Banshee's and soul reavers will definitely allow you to jump quick if you have any or at least enough WC's. Basically the best epic in standard.

I run multiple versions of strong hold but you need 6-12 epics to make it a bad ass deck so thats probably out.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Been trying all sorts of decks and not carrying about the ladder until reset. Absolutely dominated weekly's that are just the base set 2 with my original fleshbane that I had crafted before they announced HoN.

Did jackpot standard today to get my original WC quest that i've had since day one finally complete (win 5 haven) and actually went 4-1with a caster based haven deck. Messed around and went back to 1 of my 2 staple strong holds. Went 6-1 with it (lost by 1 turn because of a misclick to a Matewa deck); final hand to get 22nd overall in the JP tourney is below. I got sloppy thinking I had it in the bag so made a few stupid mistakes late to make it look alot closer then it should have been.

Stronghold can steal compete. God if they ever tweak necro faction to reduce removal abit which is the only weakness this deck has it will be a monster on the ladder. The quick attack might push really help deal with some of the gimmic decks and some removals as well. Late game necro's cry when I recylce +6 quick attack with a broken bridge etc.

Replay :: Turbo-Fangz vs Walalabee | MMDoC King

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I think i might removal the 2 buildings and put another + might building and one more O.elephant; the only reason I had the shack in there was to drop a Blackskull Warlord in there and let him build up withour fear of removal but its way to situational.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Banshee+Soul Reaver with Ariana's Lair is really annoying. Very strong deck. I'm trying to build a somewhat decent Haven deck atm. We'll see how that goes.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Replay :: Turbo-Fangz vs Dagnir_Gostira | MMDoC King

Damnit I was just about to refocus my efforts on HEX since I'm abit disappointed with DoC's dev's (read: fucking really disappointed) and now they announced road to paris. So i'll have to split my time....

Haven't played much lately but jumped in tonight after a few deck tweaks and my first game I get the stupid bullshit immolation deck....(sorry i hate this type of game play and think it should be removed from the game or at least standard).

I offer you one way to DESTROY a deck that 99% of the time with his draw would have smoked most decks (3 immolation in play that early). But daddy had little answer for him and even a quick attack had I needed it.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I actually think immolation decks are fine. They are very, very easy to counter. Academy has a lot of units naturally immune. Stronghold has some magic resist/immune units. Any deck with any kind of mass dispel is an instant winner if timed properly against their immolations. Playing multiple immolations too early is also usually a terrible move since if the board is cleared, they all go poof, so having nothing out but a gargoyle holding them active is asking for it to be reaver. bridged, etc. I play an asalah immolation sometimes, and when it wins it's great, but when it loses, it loses hard. Basically the definition of a gimmick deck.

The only thing I feel needs to be removed from standard and/or the entire game are the completely retarded one turn kill decks that go off on like turn 4-5. Masfar can fucking die in a fire, when I'm matched against Masfar now, if they raise fortune on their first turn, I just concede and move on.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Went back through the thread to find a suggestion (couldn't find it) someone had posted about the best way to use the Infernal Pit or whatever, something about adding every card to a single deck? But I tried to do this and everything poofed when I hit 209 cards, and I couldn't add anything else. Hjalp?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
200 cards is the max for a deck (200 actual cards, 1 hero, 8 events, = 209)
You can make multiple 200 card decks though.

Keep in mind there's achievements for owning X amount of cards, the highest of which is own 5,000 cards (and there's earlier versions too, with rewards as well). I do not know if destroying cards in the pit lowers your total cards owned amount for the achievements.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
For anyone just starting and thinking of spending money or long term FTP players that think they want to commit, I am probably looking to sell my account. DoC has so much strategy and depth and blows Heartstone away in basically every measurable category but unfortunetly between working 70 hours a week and getting back into basketball and lifting heavy I just don't have the time to focus on multiple games. So I need to clean house
frown.png
Also moving so figured a fresh start is good.

The account is literally the best money can buy, it has 4600+ cards (many duplicates of epics etc to sell) which includes all X unique/X 4 epic from HoN and 95% of all X 4 epics from all other expansions. The only few that I don't have are the horrible shitty ones and even those I have 1-3 of all, just never wasted WC on a 4th (only 2-3 cards I think)

Level is 94, gold is around 1,000,000 and 600 seals. Best of all...332 wild cards.....thats enough to basically buy a bunch of epics from the next expansion way down the road. Combined over $1000 spent on building this, and I'm willing to sell at a very significant discount price. PM me with an offer and we can talk. I'll gladly go whatever route with the buyer to ensure a safe transaction for both parties, numerous people on the board can vouch for me; also can put it on Playeractions etc if so desired. I have it listed else where but I much rather sell to someone here even if its a few bucks less so let me know if you are interested. Damn good game (i'll gladly provide some tips and hints for those interested if I can, cracked top 50 in the world a few times)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There's a code currently for DoC, it gives 2 superpacks of HoN cards. One per account, don't know how long it will work but right now it's valid:

TH4NK5-70K-D0C-F4CEB00K-L3G1ON

Enjoy.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks, my 2 super packs gave me 3 legendaries or whatever. Angel of salvation/ anael chosen of light. These 2 packs got me 1k cards and that bonus pack had a moon phoenix.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Another limited time code: D3CK-1N-11-B0X

Gives 10,000 gold and a BS2 pack. Supposedly it expires soon, but it's active as of right now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Seems very early for a new expansion. We just got the latest one what, 6 weeks ago or something? I'm missing huge amounts of HoN cards still. If the new expansion lowers HoN cards to the basic prices (1 wildcard per common, etc etc) as well as lowers the gold cost of HoN packs, then it's fine I suppose.

That said, the teaser of that new haven unit is absolutely insane. 3/3/7 flyer with innate dark ward, and it reduces damage taken by 1 to every friendly unit on the board, the player himself included? What the fuck, lol, it's not even unique. I can't wait to see 4 of those out against Fleshbane.

AngelProtectorguess1.png

Caliane

Yeah, half sad, half good news here.

Upcoming changes: Daily Quest Overhaul, Unranked Duels, Refer a Friend, Spectator Mode : duelofchampions

"upcoming changes"

Major quality of life stuff that SHOULD have been in HoN.

This shit is so slow coming though.
"around june 11th" JUST for cancelling daily's. (I don't think this is live...)

"end of june" for the rest of these changes. All very good.
Unranked is huge. Able to play and test alt decks, do quests, etc.

Next expac is coming in July, and they STILL haven't fixed dailys. are you serious?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Actually the patch on Wednesday implemented the daily drop system. It was a good change, though you have to wait 1 day to drop an undesired quest, which sucks, but I'll take it over sitting with Win a Swiss quest for a month+, which is what I dealt with until the patch.