Potato del Grande
no spice.

image laughing GIF

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Movie sucked. Snail pace, poor plot, bad character introductions..

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I made it maybe 30 minutes before I quit caring.

Wasn't that much wokeness, the intro I guess with "who are our next oppressors"

Something about it just didn't engage me.

It is gorgeous, but I dunno. Every scene was some epic shot with epic music etc

Told the wife I'll watch the 6 hour version if it comes out.

Wasn't there more dialogue in the original? Exposition etc?

Maybe it was the grandiose scenes and almost jarring transitions?

2/10. Hope the directors cut is worth a shot

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
to be fair atomics is more a 60s and 70s threat than to modern audiences, so I kinda get why the whole family atomics and lasers/shields thing was more or less stripped from the movie. I wonder if younger people even think about nuclear weapons as a real threat.

it is funny though how AI is more severe and pervasive threat today than it was in the 60s, but the movie also essentially strips that completely away. I'd expect it to be a big part of the TV show though, which revolves around the founding of the Bene Gesserit and should be at the tail end of the Butlerian Jihad.

also what the FUCK was that spider thing in the Harkonnen house, was that Yueh's wife?!?
the lasgun/shield interaction doesnt generate radiation, just a huge explosion comparable (in some cases bigger than) nuclear weapons. I'm not sure if giant explosions are really a generational thing.

I took the spider thing to be some kind of gimp, they wanted to portray the depravity of the Harkonnens but since gay stuff can't be bad anymore they went with a spider in a gimp suit.

The more I think about this movie the more I realize that all the stuff that makes this interesting wasnt explained or even mentioned in the movie. This must have been an odd experience for people who dont know Dune. (granted, I don't give a rats ass what people who havent read the greatest sci fi novels of all time think. but the producers may)

• 1Cringe
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
My take on the lasers is the doc.yueh disabled the shields prior to THE attack. Bam no issue then.
You literally see the shield on Duncan's ornithopter stop a missile right before the Harkonnen ship starts firing a laser at it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I always assumed that the Fremen were based on early Israelites back when Jehovah was literally the God of the Desert.

they're literally sunni muslims, zensunni wanderers which are the fremen is supposed to be some sunni muslim offshoot.

he does put jews in his last book but doesn't do much with them before he died

that's why villaneuve is a pussy for not saying "jihad" though

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
they're literally sunni muslims, zensunni wanderers which are the fremen is supposed to be some sunni muslim offshoot.
I mean, its right in the name that their culture included some weird futuristic amalgamation of Islam and Buddhism. I dont know why people always fixate on the sunni part and leave out the zen part.

Of course, the Fremen culture by the time of the Dune books retains little or none of the religious bits. I don't think the Fremen have any concept of God besides Shai Hulud and I dont think they really view him as a god in the same way as Muslims do Allah.

Except of course jihad, no descendant of muslims would ever let go of Jihad.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
the lasgun/shield interaction doesnt generate radiation, just a huge explosion comparable (in some cases bigger than) nuclear weapons. I'm not sure if giant explosions are really a generational thing.

I took the spider thing to be some kind of gimp, they wanted to portray the depravity of the Harkonnens but since gay stuff can't be bad anymore they went with a spider in a gimp suit.

The more I think about this movie the more I realize that all the stuff that makes this interesting wasnt explained or even mentioned in the movie. This must have been an odd experience for people who dont know Dune. (granted, I don't give a rats ass what people who havent read the greatest sci fi novels of all time think. but the producers may)
Wait, this is based on a book series? I thought it was based on some old movie?!

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This movie was really good, and if you don't like it you are going to get tranny superhero moves and deserve it.

What the fuck is anyone that dislikes this movie hoping for? Name something?

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This movie was really good, and if you don't like it you are going to get tranny superhero moves and deserve it.

What the fuck is anyone that dislikes this movie hoping for? Name something?

Wrong. Look fag this was Transformers for Dune fags. All visual no emotion, I know retarded American Inventors love big boom boom on screeny thing make eyeballs go wow, but normal people need an actual reason to develop a connection to characters during a story.

This movie was getting to have sex with a super hot chick but she lays there like a dead fish.

• 3Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Like alinity.

Should be hot. Has all the right pieces.

But just can't convince myself it's human.

Maybe the directors cut has more of the actual story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Like alinity.

Should be hot. Has all the right pieces.

But just can't convince myself it's human.
That's actually a great description of this movie.

Because despite that, I still manage to blow my load - which is still satisfying.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not even race swapping numerous important characters can save you from the sjws.

And here I thought Dune captured the spirit of middle east perfectly, a bunch of sand American Inventors have spice (oil) and when given the chance they kill billions of innocents in the name of a false God ( religion of peace)