Dune (2020)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Don't love the Pink Floyd cover for the trailer.... but I could really give a shit. That trailer is amazing. Hype has risen to another level. Fuck, the worm surfacing - erection.

The Harkonnen soldiers dropping down? Super dope.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Guessing Zimmer isn't done yet, its rare to have a cover for Villeneuve movies, movie looks amazing though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Looks great.

Also ...

tenor.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It is a nice trailer!
I wonder if they will white wash all the islamic/Mohammed references. It is, after all, a parable about Islam and oil at its heart.

I love when classic sci fi is tapped seriously.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It is a nice trailer!
I wonder if they will white wash all the islamic/Mohammed references. It is, after all, a parable about Islam and oil at its heart.

I love when classic sci fi is tapped seriously.

Well Paul does say "a CRUSADE is coming" in the trailer. So that's probably our answer. Surely they will keep some of the islamic language etcetera at least according to the language developer AMA it seems they chose to keep some risky language.

Edit: I think Paul actually does refer to it as a "crusade" early in the book, and then it becomes "jihad", post Muad'dib.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's to hoping its well done. Trailers create buzz, but we all know they can be a smoke screen for a garbage movie.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user