Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I know many are crapping on this, but I see s many of my own games during different spots in these trailers that I cant help but look forward to it.
I have done something very similar to the Speak With Dead scene in a real game.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Same. Lots of things in this film just feel like an actual DnD campaign.
Honestly, the scene where the barbarian is kicking the shit out of people and the bard is still trying to cut his ropes while shouting encouragement has (pretty much) happened in games I've played before.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

everyone has. and every time theres a "ask three questions" of a guru, djinn, whatever in every movie, tv show, etc ever.. every time. its the same joke.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It had its premiere last night at SXSW... any non shill reports as to quality? I've seen a few 'reviews' but I dont think I can trust the influencer sources.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Box office guy who's been around 25 years. I'm sure it was a pretty receptive audience but maybe that's a good sign.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything I read is it's a good movie for D&D nerds. Might go watch for silly fun. I might go watch by myself since no one thinks it looks good including myself.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My only red flag is still a writers room of woke women talking about how they purposely emasculated the main characters

You can pull off a moron main character when done right, see Jack Sparrow. I can see that working with Pine. But when they just say it and show that was their main intent instead of making a silly character silly, I just have no faith in them pulling it off. We will see soon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

My only red flag is still a writers room of woke women talking about how they purposely emasculated the main characters

You can pull off a moron main character when done right, see Jack Sparrow. I can see that working with Pine. But when they just say it and show that was their main intent instead of making a silly character silly, I just have no faith in them pulling it off. We will see soon.
I completely agree, I also hate the trope that every leader is a retard dumbass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mostly see that happen when the person with the highest CHA is a bard that's just trying to fuck everyone and everything.
I have played a Kender thief which got us all party wiped and a Pixie Bard who got killed by the party lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Movie looks like stupid fun.

Strangest incident I ever remember was a game where one person tried executing an unconscious enemy in a bigger fight. Three rolls in a row where the dice were all the worst roll possible and he ended up killing himself with his own sword. Player got mad and stormed out. We ended up letting leaving that orc alone after that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh man. Definitely getting my money just for the O.G. D&D party cameo.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I suppose it says something about me that despite all the bullshit about emasculating the male leads, my biggest problem with this movie is that it has Michelle Rodriguez in it. I hate her with the fury of a thousand suns, only surpassed by Ronda Rousey. Otherwise, it actually doesn't look too bad, it looks like something I'll enjoy watching when it comes out on video and I pirate it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dont get the “emasculating male leads” here (unless you are referring to someone other than Pine) because dudes a bard and never in my life have I played a serious bard that succeeded in much other than bluffing his way through the campaign and doing as little real work as possible.

I think everything I’ve seen from Pine fits how I see all of my bards pretty well.

• 4Like

Homsar

I get his hate for Rodriguez, I really don't know how she still around

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users