Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wizards of the Coast tries to be so woke, how are they going to get away with representing a drow? And making them the villain? #notalldrow

Better fucking be Ken Jeong in this

View attachment 333846
That episode got pulled from services. Sad, because it is one of the best in the series.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Pine is too old to be bobby!!!

So pine will be hank, Rodriquez is diana. Smith? Bobby or Eric or twist...sheila.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The Eye of Vecna. AKA the blatant rip-off of Michael Moorcock's Corum.

Movie sounds like hot garbage.
Everything I read these days about D&D seems to mention this shit and they just ripped off Moorcock? I loved those books. Those were great reads as a teen; I don't what they would be like today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Everything I read these days about D&D seems to mention this shit and they just ripped off Moorcock? I loved those books. Those were great reads as a teen; I don't what they would be like today.
I tried rereading the elric stuff a few years ago and it hasn't aged particularly well. Not as bad as like Dragonlance or whatever, but not great.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The difference between the Gygax crowd and every other Saturday night D&D group is that the Gygax crowd published all the high fantasy shit they ripped off for use in their campaigns.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I tried rereading the elric stuff a few years ago and it hasn't aged particularly well. Not as bad as like Dragonlance or whatever, but not great.
I just reread Elric this past month, and while I still enjoyed them, the problem is partly that they were all originally short stories just bound together into novels. Some of them are even blatantly in the wrong order. You get his archenemy, Theleb Ka'arna (don't sue me if I put the ' in the wrong place!), talking about all the shit he hates Elric for right after they've barely met, for example, when it clearly needed to go much later in the series. But since they are all short stories pretty much, you don't get any of the build-up of a full novel, much less a modern one where they spend 3 books just setting up the main villain. In a way it was kind of refreshing because you could sit down for half an hour and read an entire story. Yeah, the writing isn't anywhere near as technically sound or anything, and the internal logic doesn't always match. And you get a lot of Moorcock telling us that Elric is anguished and melancholy instead of showing us he is, but it is still pretty clear that a huge percentage of modern fantasy comes from him and Howard's Conan.

It does sort of suck that young people will never have the joy and wonder of picking up their first Elric book in elementary or junior high and realizing that there is a whole lot more to books than what they show you in school. Now if they read these after reading some current authors, these do kind of feel like shit in comparison. Probably the same with most things, cars, music, video games, Everquest even, but I get why nostalgia can be so strong. My memories of Elric and Stormbringer are so strong that I STILL want to spend $10,000 to buy a replica Stormbringer just to hang on my fucking wall, and rereading them didn't dampen that desire one bit. The only thing holding me back all these years is a lack of ten grand to basically throw away. (As an aside, if I did ever buy it, I'd put it in my fucking will that I need to be buried with it!)

• 4Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just reread Elric this past month, and while I still enjoyed them, the problem is partly that they were all originally short stories just bound together into novels. Some of them are even blatantly in the wrong order. You get his archenemy, Theleb Ka'arna (don't sue me if I put the ' in the wrong place!), talking about all the shit he hates Elric for right after they've barely met, for example, when it clearly needed to go much later in the series. But since they are all short stories pretty much, you don't get any of the build-up of a full novel, much less a modern one where they spend 3 books just setting up the main villain. In a way it was kind of refreshing because you could sit down for half an hour and read an entire story. Yeah, the writing isn't anywhere near as technically sound or anything, and the internal logic doesn't always match. And you get a lot of Moorcock telling us that Elric is anguished and melancholy instead of showing us he is, but it is still pretty clear that a huge percentage of modern fantasy comes from him and Howard's Conan.

It does sort of suck that young people will never have the joy and wonder of picking up their first Elric book in elementary or junior high and realizing that there is a whole lot more to books than what they show you in school. Now if they read these after reading some current authors, these do kind of feel like shit in comparison. Probably the same with most things, cars, music, video games, Everquest even, but I get why nostalgia can be so strong. My memories of Elric and Stormbringer are so strong that I STILL want to spend $10,000 to buy a replica Stormbringer just to hang on my fucking wall, and rereading them didn't dampen that desire one bit. The only thing holding me back all these years is a lack of ten grand to basically throw away. (As an aside, if I did ever buy it, I'd put it in my fucking will that I need to be buried with it!)
We actually played that shitty Elric RPG.
Fred - "Hey look, I rolled Melnibonean. Rohr!!"
Tim - "Oh, look. I rolled a Middle Kingdoms trader."
Fred - "Just stand behind me when there's a fight"

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
The Eye of Vecna. AKA the blatant rip-off of Michael Moorcock's Corum.

Movie sounds like hot garbage.
That module was a beast. If you didn’t pay attention and have good rolls it could TPW you fairly fast. No way they are doing Vecna themed stuff. Way too brutal for the SJW world

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
We actually played that shitty Elric RPG.
Fred - "Hey look, I rolled Melnibonean. Rohr!!"
Tim - "Oh, look. I rolled a Middle Kingdoms trader."
Fred - "Just stand behind me when there's a fight"
I had that box set, I remember buying it at a KayBee toy store. Our main GM and I flipped through it for like 30 minutes and decided it was just too shit to play. lol

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Whos playing the cripple in the wheelchair? And does hte movie end when they get to a wheelchair inaccessible dungeon?

A tranny who was born with someone else's legs. They leave Xer behind because its hole maintenance day.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

I always just chocked the stories being out of order up to time and reality not always being linear in alot of Moorcocks stuff,

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That episode got pulled from services. Sad, because it is one of the best in the series.

Nah it's there on the official Community YouTube, the pussies didn't have the balls to truly remove it from YT. But it looks like it's been removed from everywhere else.

ETA on it being unprivated?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

If it doesn't follow this line of aesthetic delivery and creativity, the movie will be trash LoL (sans the damn car of course)

• 4Like
  • 4Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

If it doesn't follow this line of aesthetic delivery and creativity, the movie will be trash LoL (sans the damn car of course)
D&D meets Tramformers?
optimus_prime_shut_up_and_take_my_energon_2_by_mcgifsv-d97p6gn.png

• 1Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's not a D&D movie if there's not a guy named Eric calling a guy named Presto a nerd.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

damn, that's already better than all D&D movies ever made.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

Its kindof crazy after Lotr, no one made use of the volumes of Dragonlance, etc stuff to make some fantasy movies. theres a ton of pre-existing material.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users