Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Lmfao at you guys with Drizzt

Drow Lives Matter would end up trending. The skin color shit in the original books was already overdone, imagine that shit reimagined in 2021.
drow-dungeons-and-dragons-a7a241ed-c139-475a-83ad-7244896576d-resize-750.jpg

What do you mean ‘you drow’? :D

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Lmfao at you guys with Drizzt

Drow Lives Matter would end up trending. The skin color shit in the original books was already overdone, imagine that shit reimagined in 2021.
Don't care. Give me live action Neriak! I mean Menzoberranzan! I mean Underdark Wakana please!

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When will you all learn? Any movie made to milk our nostalgia titties is going to end up leaving us disappointed and angry.

Every single time.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
So doing a little digging it looks like this is Forgotten Realms and that it will focus on the Eye of Vecna.
Hi two years ago, Vecna is suddenly relevant and I had no idea it was a real D&D thing!

Caliane

Literally the same exactly tone of the last big budget D&D movie that was just so beloved by fans and wide audiences alike. what the fuck.
even the "we are a bunch of thieves entangled in save the world bullshit."

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Literally the same exactly tone of the last big budget D&D movie that was just so beloved by fans and wide audiences alike. what the fuck.
even the "we are a bunch of thieves entangled in save the world bullshit."
Same thoughts. Almost the same plot about stealing some shit and fighting a dragon. Just different cast and no Jeremy Irons.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This looks like hot dookie. Like someone mentioned above this is a repeat of past mistakes.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
it looks like they tried to fit every familiar/common DND trope/monster/plot/character all into 1 movie. looks like an absolute mess.

I felt cringe watching the trailer, like can't they make a DND movie that doesnt feel like a video game. The trailer narration where they basically explain the plot didn't help.

What are the bets the term "dungeons and dragons" is uttered in the movie at least once. Just in case people didn't know.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the Owl Bear.

Honestly wish they would not cram so much into a movie. This kind of thing would work so much better as a series, that would slowly flesh out the characters to a point of coming together for the good of existence. The other major issue is that Game of Thrones did this much better to a point. Magic stops being magical if it is everywhere. Magic should be a thing of wonder and not displayed as often is one can see clouds in the sky.

This will fail.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dashkett

Trakanon Raider
23 seconds into the preview.. black dragon spews acid, the ground is steaming from it but horse and people run though it without any problem or reaction.
Instantly self neutralizing acid? or mildly warm steaming water on a cold day?

I know, insert "neeeeerd! .jpg" here :)
But it bugged me enough to unlurk a moment. Thumbs down, but maybe they will suprise with a good movie anyways even though they have no D&D nerd consultant on the production team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
23 seconds into the preview.. black dragon spews acid, the ground is steaming from it but horse and people run though it without any problem or reaction.
Instantly self neutralizing acid? or mildly warm steaming water on a cold day?

I know, insert "neeeeerd! .jpg" here :)
But it bugged me enough to unlurk a moment. Thumbs down, but maybe they will suprise with a good movie anyways even though they have no D&D nerd consultant on the production team.
Show me where in the monster manual it says anything about the breath weapon of a black dragon leaving behind a persistent ground effect?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users