Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was going to say, Frazetta was a lot earlier. All the Barsoom books by Edgar Rice Burroughs had some amazing covers, in like 1970. I have a bunch of the hardcovers with these jackets in a box somewhere.

2f77b07d28617f65ceb57c0dd8cb3d2f.jpg

k+(31).jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
And God bless him.
And Frazetta. Probably my favorite fantasy artist, apart from Brom, who was obviously very heavily influenced by Frazetta.

There's a fantastic documentary out there about Frank, the man was a true legend. I've got a bunch of coffee table books of his art as well as the death dealer comic series that came out from I don't remember what publisher but they're with all my other aliens and predator stuff floating around in a box somewhere.

I think it's pretty cool how he was so heavily influenced by Robert E Howard and Conan, and was a man's man if you know anything about his history. Frazetta was in the same vein.

Edit: and Druss Druss had it covered. A man after my own heart...

I was sitting there thinking about it and I think I actually have the first years worth of the Frank Frazetta official magazine that came out back in the late 90s early 2000s along with all of my other comics. I really need to dredge up all of that

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Frazetta. Probably my favorite fantasy artist, apart from Brom, who was obviously very heavily influenced by Frazetta.

There's a fantastic documentary out there about Frank, the man was a true legend. I've got a bunch of coffee table books of his art as well as the death dealer comic series that came out from I don't remember what publisher but they're with all my other aliens and predator stuff floating around in a box somewhere.

I think it's pretty cool how he was so heavily influenced by Robert E Howard and Conan, and was a man's man if you know anything about his history. Frazetta was in the same vein.

I was sitting there thinking about it and I think I actually have the first years worth of the Frank Frazetta official magazine that came out back in the late 90s early 2000s along with all of my other comics. I really need to dredge up all of that

Good call on Brom, his covers for AD&D Dark Sun were amazing.

AVvXsEhCNIgpiJv_YzKN3Sbq1BGZjcbmjv9Arh3OEf68iMIRezbhedUfeeXZmwkoWUjfKAvg6ZOLbIdNmCmEqAu_xemreLUDo3qemzc39wovv5wq_d7lXUg_gW9NYYmV2Y0f0DDoxgwLgr_Qu2mWAgbdPxpuQarCd_ArMqJe2adddGtN0-LTz8KFJVB-edbP=s935

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Good call on Brom, his covers for AD&D Dark Sun were amazing.

AVvXsEhCNIgpiJv_YzKN3Sbq1BGZjcbmjv9Arh3OEf68iMIRezbhedUfeeXZmwkoWUjfKAvg6ZOLbIdNmCmEqAu_xemreLUDo3qemzc39wovv5wq_d7lXUg_gW9NYYmV2Y0f0DDoxgwLgr_Qu2mWAgbdPxpuQarCd_ArMqJe2adddGtN0-LTz8KFJVB-edbP=s935
I think I've got one of his earlier art books too. Used to collect a lot of that stuff when I was young. Forgot he did all the Dark Sun stuff. Read a ton of those novels decades ago. The original 5 part series was awesome, or at least a young me thought so.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i don't care how bad this movie is. i am still seeing it.

it should not be any worse (considering the "lead" actor) than the movie with the waylen brother in it as the thief?

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

And don’t forget

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i don't care how bad this movie is. i am still seeing it.

it should not be any worse (considering the "lead" actor) than the movie with the waylen brother in it as the thief?
I saw the first dungeons & dragons in the movie theater with a couple of friends back in college.
It was an awesome experience. Was a horrible movie but fun. Jeremy Irons was probably performing his hammiest role ever.

We also used to go and see all the Uwe Boll movies though. I think somebody conned me in to go in and seeing House of the Dead, and it was so bad when any of his other movies came out, it kind of became a tradition to go catch them on a Saturday matinee. I think our favorite was probably Blood Rayne. If I remember Kristanna Loken ( or whatever her name is) shows her tits. And even had Billy Zane and Meatloaf. A true classic captured on celluloid.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw the first dungeons & dragons in the movie theater with a couple of friends back in college.
It was an awesome experience. Was a horrible movie but fun. Jeremy Irons was probably performing his hammiest role ever.

We also used to go and see all the Uwe Boll movies though. I think somebody conned me in to go in and seeing House of the Dead, and it was so bad when any of his other movies came out, it kind of became a tradition to go catch them on a Saturday matinee. I think our favorite was probably Blood Rayne. If I remember Kristana Like ( or whatever her name is) shows her tits. And even had Billy Zane and Meatloaf. A true classic captured on celluloid.

I didn't mind the first one at all. Second one was pretty weak and then you started to get into shit that looked like it had been filmed in the Czech Republic with a high school art department's sfx budget.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I didn't mind the first one at all. Second one was pretty weak and then you started to get into shit that looked like it had been filmed in the Czech Republic with a high school art department's sfx budget.
I didn't realize there was a second one out, but that does sound hilariously bad and fun.

Cybsled

Lol Uwe Boll. Haven’t heard that name in forever. Didn’t he basically admit he was essentially exploiting a German law or fund at the time to essentially make the movies for essentially no cost?

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol Uwe Boll. Haven’t heard that name in forever. Didn’t he basically admit he was essentially exploiting a German law or fund at the time to essentially make the movies for essentially no cost?

All I remember of him, aside from his terrible movies, was that he organised a bunch of fights with his critics and beat the crap out of them.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I think he was basically a money laundering fund to make bad movies for people to have massive tax write-offs, or something along those lines.

Also, that's Dr. Uwe Boll. I forgot that he's apparently a doctor in something. The guys just pretty nuts.

Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard haha I remember his boxing match stuff. Apparently apart from being a doctor he's also a boxer. He truly is a renaissance man.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Second one was pretty weak
What the fuck? The second one was great, obviously much lower budget but it felt so much more like DnD. Even had a teleport mishap iirc!

Jeremy Irons was probably performing his hammiest role ever.
As terrible as it is, I honestly think it's worth seeing the movie just for watching Irons play Profion. It's like he knows the movie is going to be a complete disaster and is having an absolutely great time anyway. He's the super enthusiastic DM that gaming group doesn't deserve.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What the fuck? The second one was great, obviously much lower budget but it felt so much more like DnD. Even had a teleport mishap iirc!

As terrible as it is, I honestly think it's worth seeing the movie just for watching Irons play Profion. It's like he knows the movie is going to be a complete disaster and is having an absolutely great time anyway. He's the super enthusiastic DM that gaming group doesn't deserve.
That's probably the best description I've ever heard of his performance in that movie.

jeremy-irons-dungeons-and-dragons.gif

Hell even in that gif, you can see the other guy sitting there trying not to piss himself with laughter.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's probably the best description I've ever heard of his performance in that movie.

View attachment 452516

Hell even in that gif, you can see the other guy sitting there trying not to piss himself with laughter.
Bruce Payne cuts loose a bit more as the primary antagonist of the second movie although he doesn't go full Irons. As bad as Highlander Endgame was I thought he was great as the villain in that too.

• 3Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Bruce Payne cuts loose a bit more as the primary antagonist of the second movie although he doesn't go full Irons. As bad as Highlander Endgame was I thought he was great as the villain in that too.
Man I forgot he was in that last Highlander movie. I think I actually saw that one on the theater too. Isn't that the one word Duncan fights Connor and Connor sacrifices himself to give Duncan all of his power so he can defeat the other guy?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That actually looks pretty good.

"I'll go last..."

Yeah no shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While I do hate that every franchise is just copying the marvel jokey vibe, this looks fun and hope it delivers.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity