Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It could be used as a backdrop and setting.

Low magic, thieves guild coming of age story.

Gritty police procedural with the city guard.

Political drama with a 2nd prince, and a low born, mixed half elven thespian lover who destroys the ruling class with sex drugs and a little magic.

High fantasy school for wizards in a capital city and the rise of a dark lord.

But no, they have to always go for campy schlock bullshit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Really, spelljammer? I played a couple sessions and that shit is hot garbage. How the fuck are we flying around space and still using melee weapons? Your ship has a catapult and a ballista and it can dash based on the pilots abilities.

who am I kidding, I'd probably watch hoping it was a super ridiculous comedy. That's the only way it could work. Like Naked Gun or Hot Shots level of ridiculous.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

It could be used as a backdrop and setting.

Low magic, thieves guild coming of age story.

Gritty police procedural with the city guard.

Political drama with a 2nd prince, and a low born, mixed half elven thespian lover who destroys the ruling class with sex drugs and a little magic.

High fantasy school for wizards in a capital city and the rise of a dark lord.

But no, they have to always go for campy schlock bullshit.
yeah, some great ideas.

could have just been a theives guild movie, IN Fearun.

some others, the various games exist. Icewind dale was a very cinematic story. would work easy as a movie. NWN2:mask of the betrayer could be adapted, but more complicated. Baldurs gate as well of course.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cocky Leading male non stop cracking jokes while a Led Zepplin song plays and he meets and teams up with a diverse group of women and minorities

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have heard talk that they want to have a sort of D&DCU

Would love to see "Forgotten Realms" as light hearted silly romps.
"Dragonlance" as more serious / darker stories
"Dark Sun" for a more dystopian flavor
"Spelljammer" for a sci fi feel.

You could do sooo much with this IP
A super serious and hard core Dark Sun movie would make my dick soooo hard.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Goatface

my desire to see this is very low. saw long range prediction today
1677897758409.png

estimates have the movie's budget near $100m, with pine making $11m and they spent around $5-7m for a super bowl ad.

for those with any hope of something from dark sun

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
my desire to see this is very low. saw long range prediction today
View attachment 461548
estimates have the movie's budget near $100m, with pine making $11m and they spent around $5-7m for a super bowl ad.

for those with any hope of something from dark sun
Yeah. I got on Twitter and told them no Dark Sun then no more money from me.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The "problematic" things in that arguement strike me as dumb. It's basically D&D Fallout, yet Fallout doesn't seem to have much issue in including cannibals, slaves, and genocide.

Real issue is they probably want to make sure D&D is nice and squeaky clean so they can more easily market to kids or get toy deals/other merch stuff going

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is going to bomb but I do enjoy the 5 question clip

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The "problematic" things in that arguement strike me as dumb. It's basically D&D Fallout, yet Fallout doesn't seem to have much issue in including cannibals, slaves, and genocide.

Real issue is they probably want to make sure D&D is nice and squeaky clean so they can more easily market to kids or get toy deals/other merch stuff going
no, it has absolutely nothing to do with trying to sanitize the brand for marketing purposes and everything to do with the people at WotC being owned by the blue hair brigade.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I hate (with a burning passion) WoTC but I love D&D.
Maybe I am just a fanboi but I am looking forward to this movie, in fact it is the ONLY movie I have considered going to see since Endgame.
And yes, I hate the thought of supporting WoTC and yes I know this will have a bunch of woke shit but come on, They have a Gelatinous cube and a Mimic!

:Weird boner emote

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hate (with a burning passion) WoTC but I love D&D.
Maybe I am just a fanboi but I am looking forward to this movie, in fact it is the ONLY movie I have considered going to see since Endgame.
And yes, I hate the thought of supporting WoTC and yes I know this will have a bunch of woke shit but come on, They have a Gelatinous cube and a Mimic!

:Weird boner emote
yeah i'm with you. for me, ambivalent is the perfect way to describe how i feel. i both love and hate everything about this movie at the same time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users