Dyson Sphere Program

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
also I'm pretty proud of my staging station I built. I've got some other stuff on the other side of the ILS but this produces all the stuff I need to go out into the stars and mine the fuck outta them. These 6 ILS have everything I need to make whatever, and I've got them spaghetti'd to these building producers. Going to put some ILS on the other side to beam up whatever I need to wherever I am.

1614563714712.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
going to be hard not to create something like this before I finish this game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
also I'm pretty proud of my staging station I built. I've got some other stuff on the other side of the ILS but this produces all the stuff I need to go out into the stars and mine the fuck outta them. These 6 ILS have everything I need to make whatever, and I've got them spaghetti'd to these building producers. Going to put some ILS on the other side to beam up whatever I need to wherever I am.

View attachment 338558
OK, what this person built is genius and makes what I built look like shit.

7jp837j0omk61.jpg

I've been thinking about a way to use sorters to just dumpster everything into different buckets but hadn't quite sat down to make it yet.

edit: Looking at it closely I don't see how it doesn't get backed up. I asked the author for a video.

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
OK, what this person built is genius and makes what I built look like shit.

7jp837j0omk61.jpg

I've been thinking about a way to use sorters to just dumpster everything into different buckets but hadn't quite sat down to make it yet.

edit: Looking at it closely I don't see how it doesn't get backed up. I asked the author for a video.
That is pretty slick. I think the trick to circuits like that not getting backed up is making sure the recycle is prioritized over the new inputs, so in this setup the upper lines get used first. There may be backups for individual plates and whatnot, but they will occur before entering the mall production. This one is especially slick since it re-sorts the recycle back into its component inputs, then re-merges them to ensure the proper ratios on the single supply belt.

I get the min-max of why to do it, but once I get production for better belts and sorters I never go back. Looks like this guy's making everything, and in this setup it's not really any extra work since Mk1's are input to 2's but once I upgrade I never carry lesser ones. I don't see how this setup addresses balance across all marks since 1 mk1 factory is supports exactly 1 mk2 factory and so on. Must just rely on the mk3 storage to fill up before producing any mk2's for storage.

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I haven't really looked to see if any mods do it, but along the lines of having multi-use belts I would like multi-use storage. If I only want a couple stack of something, set the max storage for just that item. Right now I have a bunch of half empty storage units as I can't automatically dump stacks of a second thing into it without competition for space. I know you can manually put things into the unused space but I want to automatically do it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
That kind of design only works for low output factories though because the 30/s limit of a single conveyor is a strong limitation.
Very clever and works well for what he's using it for, although I don't get why he's wasting space and materials stockpiling conveyor/sorter/assembler mk1/2. Once you're automated to the level he is there's no reason to ever waste inventory space carrying anything but mk3. Maybe he's really specific about power consumption though I guess.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Separate from the belt limitation, that setup needs like 400 magnet smelters to run anywhere near mk3 assembly levels, not to mention all the other basic components.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am growing stronger.

270 universe matrices a minute now.

8XUUkHl.jpg

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/8XUUkHl.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 338558
here's a better way to do this that makes each ILS the provider of the base material and consumer of the output.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Best part of that video is he explains how the shipping works.

Which I couldn't figure out how to get less of something.

Dunno if I want to mass delete my home world or just start the game over. Lol

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Best part of that video is he explains how the shipping works.

Which I couldn't figure out how to get less of something.

Dunno if I want to mass delete my home world or just start the game over. Lol
You talking about the logistics configurations?

Biggest surprise in that config is that by default they don't charge at the max rate, which can result in bottlenecks if a given hub is super popular. I've started setting them up to all use max power but I don't know if that has any downsides besides spiking power usage harder. Between that and generally setting up my logistic stations to receive warp and dumping drones in it's actually time consuming to place logistic stations since they don't copy very well. I think I placed 20 stations on my new mining / EM Turbine planet yesterday and all of them had super similar setups.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You talking about the logistics configurations?

Biggest surprise in that config is that by default they don't charge at the max rate, which can result in bottlenecks if a given hub is super popular. I've started setting them up to all use max power but I don't know if that has any downsides besides spiking power usage harder. Between that and generally setting up my logistic stations to receive warp and dumping drones in it's actually time consuming to place logistic stations since they don't copy very well. I think I placed 20 stations on my new mining / EM Turbine planet yesterday and all of them had super similar setups.

Yeah, that even if you set minimum for vessels etc, it will load either the max or all the station has.

So set the station to max of 100, then put storage next to it too replenish the stock.

For items you want under 1000 of anyway

First factory game for me, so there are all kinds of shit most people are used to that I've never seen

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First factory game for me, so there are all kinds of shit most people are used to that I've never seen
Yeah, same. This is me when I started stopped avoiding reading anything on DSP and started seeing what other people were doing.

509bga.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
here's a better way to do this that makes each ILS the provider of the base material and consumer of the output.

Just watched this. My home planet is such a mess I feel like I should build these clean new hubs on the next planet over. But then I need to build hundreds of mk3 sorters/assemblers/belts, logistic stations, and vessels by hand before I leave to build it. Definitely not going to start over, but re-organizing everything to scale up seems neverending. My first factory game as well.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Just watched this. My home planet is such a mess I feel like I should build these clean new hubs on the next planet over. But then I need to build hundreds of mk3 sorters/assemblers/belts, logistic stations, and vessels by hand before I leave to build it. Definitely not going to start over, but re-organizing everything to scale up seems neverending. My first factory game as well.

Huh?

That crap should be on an assembler ASAP

Scaling isn't bad with copy inserters

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually found destroying my starter garbage a bit theraputic. I see why people want to start clean, but there's something nice about slowly changing your dumpster builds into something beautiful.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Between that and generally setting up my logistic stations to receive warp and dumping drones in it's actually time consuming to place logistic stations since they don't copy very well. I think I placed 20 stations on my new mining / EM Turbine planet yesterday and all of them had super similar setups.

• 1WTF

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised nobody has made a blueprint mod yet. There's CopyPlanetFactory v1.6.7 but I think that copies the entire planet?

Some unity pro could probably just mod this in faster than they can make another EM turbine planet.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's so fast to build, why do you need blueprints?

Takes 10 minutes to do 160+ assemblers... Like wtf are you guys building where that's too slow? Lol

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's so fast to build, why do you need blueprints?

Takes 10 minutes to do 160+ assemblers... Like wtf are you guys building where that's too slow? Lol
I need to place about 100,000 more buildings in this game, brother.

• 1WTF