E3 2014

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Nintendo's conference was full of games I look forward to playing on the Wii U2. Just can't invest $299+ in a console with probably an ~18 month lifespan left.

spronk

FPS noob
everything at the nintendo conference gives me a "i'm either a 5 year old kid or a pedophile weaboo" vibe

and then this 40 year old dude comes on playing with 2 dolls...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
nintendo imo did good, showed, games games and more games

Devil's Third ..WiiU Exclusive. was shown on IGN's stream after the nintendo broadcast.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
"And the third project? A game Nintendo fans have been waiting for a very long time to see: Star Fox is back, only reimagined on the Wii U using Miyamoto's new GamePad-based controls - controls that'll ask of players things they've never had to do before in a video game. Whether they'll come willing or balk remains to be seen, but Miyamoto is convinced he's on to a control scheme that's not only novel, but with practice, indispensable."

I'm not going to say its crap before I've tried it, but his indispensable control scheme is basically just playing games like we did when we were 4 year old kids?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
So, what was actually announced? You've got the Super Toad 3D World DLC/maybe standalone, Mario Maker which doesn't seem like a major title, and the Miyamoto stuff in 2016 or later. Edit: And they salvaged Devil's Third. Edit2: And the inevitable Kirby and Mario VS DK.

Nintendo games are still great, but they aren't $100 great ($Cost of system / 5 or 6 games + $60 per game).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I actually thought it was a pretty good showing. Games looked fun. We got a taste of Smash and Zelda. I have just as much reason to be excited about a WiiU than the other consoles. I think the greater problem is console gaming is just a little lack luster. Exclusives are getting out the door too slow and consoles are branching into territory (such as MMO's) I don't want them to venture in to...

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I have just as much reason to be excited about a WiiU than the other consoles.
It's the usual problem with Nintendo.

If you have a gaming PC, unless you have the most dudebro of tastes, the console you should buy first is a Wii U.
If you don't have a gaming PC, you would be insane to buy a Wii U, since the Nintendo made/funded games are all you will get.

I just can't shake the feeling that this conference boiled down to Nintendo saying, "Hey, did you know they made games outside of Japan? We sure didn't. They got DLC (Toad World), Skylanders (Amiibos), Open World Games (Skyrim Zelda) and Multiplayer Shooters (Splatoon). Shit's crazy overseas."

Ryanz

<Banned>
"See those mountains in the background? You can actually travel to them!". Time for a new catchphrase guys. Seems every open world game says this same damn thing.

spronk

FPS noob
So, what was actually announced?
from gaf but i believe this is the list

shipping this year
Bayonetta 2 includes Bayonetta 1 for free, dated for October
Nintendo Amiibo NFC toy figures (release date ?)
Hyrule Warriors dated for September
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire dated for November
Smash Brothers 3DS Oct 3
Smash Broshers Wii U holiday 2014?

announced but not released this year
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X titled
Yoshi's Wooly World Wii U
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Wii U
Mario Maker Wii U
Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker Wii U
Splatoon Wii U
Star Fox Wii U
Devil's Third Wii U

thought it was kinda weird that they more or less ignored the 3DS during their presentation, hopefully more 3ds game announcements