E3 2014

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
what happened to the better looking Zelda from 2012?
It wasn't a game, it was just a tech demo. I believe it was eventually confirmed that it wasn't even made by Nintendo, they contracted it out.

Clearly Nintendo prefers the look of - and/or already has the art tools made for - the Wind Waker HD style.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah play the latest Zelda on 3DS and let us know how you're liking those 30 year old game mechanics...
rolleyes.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can get Xenoblade from pretty any much aNY Gamestop. They had some deal where they paid to have more made and it's not hard to get.
Not true, a lot of gamestops have a very small or no wii section at all, and they never have new copies of the game.

Nocello

Golden Squire
They don't sell it new at all, only used. It's considered one of their "premium pre owned". If it's not in store, they can usually order it.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well, we don't know how Skyrim Zelda (Zeldarim? What's the nastiest sounding nick name option here?) plays, given that all we've seen is one cutscene, basically.

While I wouldn't fight someone arguing that 3D Toad is the same as Super Mario Galaxy (or even Mario 64), that Smash Bros is basically the same since the N64, or that Yoshi could be an SNES game, this conference did feature NFC, open world, and multiplayer shooter games. They are clearly trying to branch out.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Same game mechanics.

Wtf.

nevermind open world zelda.
Or skylanders brawl/mk
Yoshi yarn.

Did you see this squid game? (seriously watch it being played.) or Captain toad?
thats two new IPs entirely.
or mario maker. New IP.
Im guessing youre making a point? So 3 new IPs which are seemingly aimed at a generation not familiar with the characters and who likely wont give a dam. Fortunately i didnt see the stream so when those games popped up on youtube i was able to skip over them. The only things that looked good were Zelda, X blade or whatever and Smash bros, all of which id play if it didnt mean buying a WiiU.

The Zelda tech demo was more intriguing than the one they displayed. Sure the new one looks lush and colorful as id expect from a 360 game, looks like something put together by CyberConnect, which is actually praise.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The 3DS Zelda wasn't too ground breaking but it was damn good (I never got into the whole online play modes though so those might have been revolutionary but that doesn't appeal to me).

spronk

FPS noob
nintendo is a nostalgia/kids gaming company now, a few good games a year but nothing I saw at this years E3 tells me the Wii U is going to reverse its sales slump

Elite Dangerous trailer from E3 beta has started on PC I guess? $150 wtf fuck that
Elite: Dangerous - Become Legend

Caliane

Well, we don't know how Skyrim Zelda (Zeldarim? What's the nastiest sounding nick name option here?) plays, given that all we've seen is one cutscene, basically.

While I wouldn't fight someone arguing that 3D Toad is the same as Super Mario Galaxy (or even Mario 64), that Smash Bros is basically the same since the N64, or that Yoshi could be an SNES game, this conference did feature NFC, open world, and multiplayer shooter games. They are clearly trying to branch out.
Also forgot dynasty warriors Zelda.
Alternatively, I would also agree Mario Party 10 is probably not going to break new ground. ha.

Bayonetta and Xenogears are not "new" IPs, but also sure as hell not Mario/zelda.
Same clowns that ignored wonderful 101 last year Im sure.

Miyamoto is showing off Giant Robo, and some of the other future games. Might tease Starfox here.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
honestly who is buying some of this shit. The Order: 1886 Premium Edition $150

81V7X65i9rL._SL1500_.jpg

Assassins Creed CE $130

A1gHvUdgL4L._SL1500_.jpg

I understand Mass Effect or Star Wars or Mario statues, but some random jackass with a flag and a music box... wtf
I usually buy two or three, and resell one for the price I paid for all three after they sell out.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Maybe I'm just too old, but I do not understand Nintendo at all anymore. How do they get such a pass for riding the same IPs in to the ground for the last 30 years? I cannot take them seriously anymore when every announcement is going to be another Zelda/Mario/Yoshi/whatever iteration with a slightly changed art-style and the same game mechanics they've been using for a decade or more.

Do people seriously still get hyped up about the 19th Zelda game or whatever it is?
The IPs are just vehicles, they don't have the same mechanics from game to game. If you think Mario Bros, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Mario 3D World are all the same game you are an idiot who makes assumptions based on game titles and characters.

There are some exceptions like Pokemon/Smash Bros/Mario Kart - games whose core mechanics haven't really changed, because their core fan base play them for player vs player and they don't really have story attached to them. Only things that have changed are more content, better graphics, and balance changes. But that's by design, since those types of games core have to stay the same for their fans to keep buying them. Think of them as Nintendo's Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not true, a lot of gamestops have a very small or no wii section at all, and they never have new copies of the game.
I just went on Gamestop.com and every Gamestop in my area has the game in stock for pickup.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I just went on Gamestop.com and every Gamestop in my area has the game in stock for pickup.
Yeah GameStop had exclusive retail rights to Xenoblade, as well as the ability to "print" new copies - which they did about a year ago.

They just did about an hour's worth of Xenoblade X gameplay on stream, the draw distance/vistas looked incredible.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This Nintendo Treehouse coverage is awesome, every company needs to do something like this. In depth gameplay/interviews with the game makers, one after another for hours. Cutting the blogging/mainstream media out and giving us the developer game walkthroughs directly is the way it should be done from here on out.

Nintendo is killing it in stream viewers on Twitch right now:

E3 2014 - Twitch

80k watching them vs PlayStation's coverage of their games.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Didn't link between worlds get some of the highest ranked Zelda reviews? and I loved the game.
Yes it did. That was my point. People judging the game because of its franchise name without having even played it don't know it was by far the best Zelda in the last 10 years, if not since Ocarina of Time, and that's saying something.

Caliane

This Nintendo Treehouse coverage is awesome, every company needs to do something like this. In depth gameplay/interviews with the game makers, one after another for hours. Cutting the blogging/mainstream media out and giving us the developer game walkthroughs directly is the way it should be done from here on out.

Nintendo is killing it in stream viewers on Twitch right now:

E3 2014 - Twitch

80k watching them vs PlayStation's coverage of their games.
yeah.

You ask me about Splatoon last night, I would have laughed at you.
Actually watching it in action... kindof looks really fun. It could really become another Brawl/Mariokart.

Thats the only thing I'm a bit confused on with it. Why didn't they use Nintendo characters? so they could do the same thing as they do with those two.

Xenogears also. Seeing the open world. The combat. etc. Pretty sold on that as well.