E3 2014

Siliconemelons

Excellent to hear. I've been considering Lasik and my sister had it a year ago and is very happy with it. But I still have this primeval fear of lasers blasting my eyes like the Death Star blowing up Alderaan (nerd reference! Fuck yeah!)
I have the fear of them slicing off the top of my eye flipping it over, zapping that with lazers and flipping the eye-lens-lid back onto the top of my eye... Maybe the kids I was in elementary school with where just odd but they all would flip their eyelids inside out and touch their eye and be like lululz and "you have no nerves in your eye" so you can touch it and it wont hurt bla bla- I could never do that- I swear I have nerves in my eye :p I can barely do the blue ring eye test at the eye doctor, they usually have to do it 2-3 times because my eyes turn into a flowing river whenever anything gets near them- its also why I just CANT do contacts... so...lasik freaks me the hell out- having to "watch them" slice my eye off...oh lord I am getting Robocop 2 flashbacks when the dude was just a brain and eyeballs and the doctors are holding his cut off face infront of him..no wonder he was a super jacked up roboman that was insane.

Edit: Mario, Zelda, E3! Video games! *I am now on topic*

Caliane

Talking to the devs on Splatoon now.

Weapon loadouts. super weapon loadouts. so you will pick your "class" before starting up.
More maps of course.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
New 3DS IP from Nintendo is called Codename: STEAM - it's a tactical action game, being developed by Intelligent Systems (Advanced Wars, Fire Emblem, etc aka the masters of the tactical RPG).

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
For me, hands down, Evolve wins E3. I sat at that booth for over an hour watching those guys play matches. That game is really great and is really piling up the awards.

I absolutely LOVED the art style on Valiant Hearts: The Great War, a sleeper IMO.

The Evil Within and The Hunt were both fantastic games .

I got to play Alien: Isolation on the console which was incredible. This game is amazing, but where it really, really shined was on Occulus. This game on Occulus was downright terrifying and awesome at the same time. I was sooooo glad I didn't get the Valkyrie demo (which I hear was great) or the Mario demo when I got in that room. What was great was on the concole version, when you take out the motion tracker, it takes your focus, but on the Occulus version, when you popped out the motion tracker, it was down to my left in my hand, so I can watch it with my peripheral or glance at it, but keep my focus on watching for the Alien. This game is 100% about evasion, stealth and survival. Wonderful game for Occulus.

I tried Sonys Morpheus. That was decent, but I got the not so great demo. I think the better demo for Morpheus was Valkyrie or the Shark Cage. I got the street luge. While cool, the resolution was not as good as Occulus v.2. There was some slight motion sickness after playing for a bit but that was due to the game style I believe, and having to move your head to move. It was a controller less demo.

About Destiny, it wasn't terrible, it just didnt wow me. I think with all the hype, it just turned out to be a good game, but not something I played and immediately said take my money. In that sense, it disappointed me. It's a good shooter. I'll play it, but eventually.

Evolve was by far the best. Alien Isolation on Occulus, was beyond anything I ever experienced, but I despair as who knows when/if that will be something we will have in our homes.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Some Pics:

rrr_img_68966.jpg
rrr_img_68967.jpg
rrr_img_68968.jpg
rrr_img_68969.jpg
rrr_img_68970.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Evolve looks like the game I sorta wish Destiny had been, in terms of MP play. Will there be any reason to pick it up on PS4 or xbone instead of PC beside the usual tv/play from far/etc? Release date is Oct 21st, so a nice little buffer after Destiny.

I wish one next gen game would let pc and console players play together, it really sucks having to decide which one more friends are going to play on.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
yeah Evolve looks like the game I sorta wish Destiny had been, in terms of MP play. Will there be any reason to pick it up on PS4 or xbone instead of PC beside the usual tv/play from far/etc? Release date is Oct 21st, so a nice little buffer after Destiny.

I wish one next gen game would let pc and console players play together, it really sucks having to decide which one more friends are going to play on.
Those two games are beyond fundamentally different. I could only compare Evolve to L4D and even that's not entirely the same. Evolve will be awesome, and glad I preordered it, but aside from Destiny pvp arm the game is pretty amazing and I'm pretty sure I'll sink thrice as many hours into it than any other game this year due to its structure.

I'm pretty sure D will let you play with other consoles players but they said no to PC due to the mouse/kb superiority etc. IMO it's a relevant reason for the pvp but not for the pve aspect so idk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Destiny isn't even announced as being on the PC right? Much less having PC users playing o nthe same server as console users.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah no destiny on pc for now, i woulda much preferred playing on pc than ps4. i'm too old to play fps on a controller, i'm just a walking free kill
frown.png

kinda pisses me off though no pc, but hey here is a 360 and ps3 port. at least evolve is sticking to next gen, its pc/ps4/xbone only

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought there was something said about kbm support for Destiny on ps4? Something about it being listed in the controls

spronk

FPS noob
just plugged in a usb kb into my ps4, verified it works (can scroll around main menu with arrow keys and chat in friend chat), launched destiny, and couldn't do anything with kb. didn't try mouse but i don't think support is in yet, but it is alpha. looked at the settings screen too (with kb plugged in) and nothing about kb, they do have have a shit ton of config options for controller (4 movement layouts, 4 controller layouts, etc)

Caliane

I don't get that argument. Anyone can buy a kb/m combo for $30
GL convincing dudebros to actually buy that.

Alternatively, imagine the shitstorm of a PC game with ONLY controller support. Considering they too, can just buy one for 15-30$