E3 2014

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The environments don't look that bad, just stuff up close is obviously jaggy. If you plat it on Wii U it upscales the game but the textures are still ass obviously - have to emulate it on a beefy PC with texture packs to fix that.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
One of my biggest concerns with Virtual Reality headsets is that I wear glasses. I know I'm not alone in the video game community and I just hope that these headsets will function properly with someone who wears glasses. When I go to see a 3D movie, I feel that those crappy 3D glasses and my own are working against each other and it doesn't lead to a satisfying experience.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of my biggest concerns with Virtual Reality headsets is that I wear glasses. I know I'm not alone in the video game community and I just hope that these headsets will function properly with someone who wears glasses. When I go to see a 3D movie, I feel that those crappy 3D glasses and my own are working against each other and it doesn't lead to a satisfying experience.
I don't see why you would have glasses on while wearing VR. Unless you're far sighted. The screen is literally inches from your face.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If only all 3D glasses were the same size as the IMAX 3D glasses, they actually fit over glasses comfortably
frown.png

But yeah.. i'm near sighted so thats no problem with VR Headsets

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The rift has three sets of interchangeable lenses with different depths. This helps people with glasses to be able to wear them with the Rift. They are 100% targeting people with glasses and since Oculus is a bunch of nerds anyway they have to make it work with glasses.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Using that logic, the nerds who designed Google Glass should've made it easier for glasses wearers rather than having to buy new glasses

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The rift has three sets of interchangeable lenses with different depths. This helps people with glasses to be able to wear them with the Rift. They are 100% targeting people with glasses and since Oculus is a bunch of nerds anyway they have to make it work with glasses.
Excellent to hear. I've been considering Lasik and my sister had it a year ago and is very happy with it. But I still have this primeval fear of lasers blasting my eyes like the Death Star blowing up Alderaan (nerd reference! Fuck yeah!)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd talk to your doctor/optometrist about lasik. Literally 100% of the people I know (small sample size) are glad they got it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit that website. It looks like it was designed by people with really bad vision.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had Lasik done 3 years ago...I wish I would have had it done 20..best monetary investment in my life...BEST...

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I had Lasik done 3 years ago...I wish I would have had it done 20..best monetary investment in my life...BEST...
Yep, got it done at 23 as a college graduation gift. I wish I would've asked for it at 18 coming out of high school. The best part is not remembering what it was like to fall asleep watching tv with glasses/contacts because that shit is the worst.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speaking of Lasik.. I need to go to the eye doctors and finally get glasses. I've been putting it off because I'm going to look like an idiot.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Destiny is disappointing as a playable demo or what?
Check the Destiny thread - there's some early codes that have been released into the world, a number on this forum - myself, XXEXX and some others are already playing it - so I'm sure there's a playable booth as well.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't see why you would have glasses on while wearing VR. Unless you're far sighted. The screen is literally inches from your face.
Depends on your issue - for the folks with convergence issues (i.e. lazy eye, cross-eye, oddly sized eyes in normal sized sockets) rather than standard vision using something to physically assist is important.