E3 2017

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Bunch of joyless try hards up in here. I have never owned or given a fuck about xbox, but this was a good presentation. Not gonna run out and buy an xbox or anything, but they did everything they needed to do here. Non stop games.

• 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they showed ANYTHING that was Xbox One/XB1X exclusive. If you have a good PC, there's no reason to buy this new console.

I could have sworn MS said none of their first party games wouldn't also be available on PC as of a year ago or so.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll buy an xbox one X at launch and enjoy it but yeah i didn't see anything that really stood out as an amazing game. I'll enjoy Mordor and Sea of Thieves and Metro and switch it up around so I play sometimes on PC and sometimes on Xbox One X and thats all cool but I didn't see anything insane.

The only minor thing is I may slowly switch my multiplats over to xbox from PS4 Pro, since the Xbox specs now are so much better and i really like my elite controller. So thats cool, I guess. Still, the 2017 games still favor PS4 (Destiny 2, Call of Duty) due to exclusives.

Anthem looked awesome, like a mix up of Destiny, Horizon Zero Dawn, and whatever but its Bioware and its 2018 so I don't really have it on my radar at all. Pretty sure we'll see it at E3 again next year with a delay.

The biggest thing imo to me is now games are all working off 4k and big memory which only helps PC and console gamers, no real constraints anymore of 360/ps3. It pretty much fucks the switch over though I think. Xbox One X also now changes the console evolution, we won't see new platforms again for a long time, just small updates that change the visuals but retain 100% BC. WHICH IS AWESOME, fuck losing your entire console library every few years. Fuck you, Nintendo

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
For most of us, who probably spent ~$499 on our video cards alone... I'm glad our PCs can run the bad ports of these games we'll get.

It's the same thing we say every year - if they port the games to PC, there's no point in having the console, but if they don't port the games, the handful of games aren't worth the ~$300 to buy another console to buy them.

I guess I would conclude that Crackdown looked mediocre enough that I want to see how Agents of Mayhem turns out more than two hours ago, which isn't a rousing recommendation.

My only reason for playing my console more is b/c after work i dont want to see another computer for the rest of the day. So its nice to come home and lay out on the couch to a console. Sure i can use an xbox controller on my extra PC and do the same but not everyone has set ups like that so its easier to have many options.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'll only get agents of mayhem to play as Gat. Will still probably wait for it to get around 20ish.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I could have sworn MS said none of their first party games wouldn't also be available on PC as of a year ago or so.

The philosophy going forward is 1st party titles will be Play Anywhere on PC, with some third parties now doing it also (such as Shadows of War).

It almost feels like they excluded usual third parties like Madden because they aren't also on Windows.

The bulk of what we saw might end up be Play Anywhere, which would be pretty awesome.

Ladro

Anomaly
I can't think of a reason to buy the new console if all the cool games are play anywhere. I'd rather play them on PC with hopefully better graphics options. If they're crippled on PC for parity, well then fuck them, but my consoles are in the same office as my PC.

Edit: I should add, I still will buy one though. Just not for a good reason.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll buy it at some point in the far future when it's on sale for like 150$ just so i can play all my original xbox games lol

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
ya I can't believe how late it's gonna be. Any hints on what they're going to be revealing?
Amazon leaked this year's release date for Wolfenstein : The New Colossus.
You would have to assume a lot of Quake Champions.
There's a ton of chatter about Starfield - a hard sci-fi Elder Scrolls/Fallout style game with procedurally generated planets.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nov 8th... X1X leaking and burning up peoples homes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Amazon leaked this year's release date for Wolfenstein : The New Colossus.
You would have to assume a lot of Quake Champions.
There's a ton of chatter about Starfield - a hard sci-fi Elder Scrolls/Fallout style game with procedurally generated planets.

I'd be shocked if they show much of Quake Champions. Possibly a new champion or map but Quake Con is in 2 months. New Wolfenstein would be hype as shit though, hopefully it doesn't have 30fps cutscenes and is capped at 60.

They are in fact confirmed working on a new id tech, so possibly something about that.

xzi

Mouthbreather
UZs5koD.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Bethesda to Hello Games: Hold my Beer

Supposedly Bethesda learned the lesson and has designed dungeons / quests on each of the planets.

But if all that means is that a random cave / Super Duper Mart has a different layout every time, who cares?

spronk

FPS noob
Major Nelson confirmed the controller that ships with the xbox one X (henceforth named XB o X aka xbox) is the same one that ships with the xbox one S, which is the same layout as the launch xbone just with bluetooth and 3.5mm added

cooling is better, i guess to support that vaping cooler. 1TB drive (normal, not SSHD) same ports and stuff as xbox one S

3qQ2aTv.jpg