E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's going to be across the board. Obvious we are at the end of a generation of the main hardware competitors, with Microsoft saying they are working on the next console, and we all know PS5 is in the works. I would guess the publishers held back release dates because they could be launch titles for their perspective consoles. Yeah I wish we could play them sooner too :)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The headset jack has always supported this. It's up to the developer to integrate voice chat into the game. Most of the 3rd party developers haven't, or it's Nintendo and want it through the app.

Also none of the games Sony showed have a release date, except Spiderman. Not sure why people are so excited for what Sony showed.

The 2 games i'm most excited for Sekiro and Fire Emblem both only said Early 2019. Really frustrating.
Do you mean Sony exclusives? If not, then RE2 comes out in January, as well as KH3. I expect TLoU2 / DS to be on PS5.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty awesome E3 this year, tbh. Not a lot coming out in 2018, but the various conferences showed more of every game I was interested in.. 2019 is going to be amazing.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I don't expect new consoles until 2020. The technology isn't there yet - both nVidia and AMD are having some issues. All that info is public, the newest consoles will piggyback off those new chips and they won't be ready for 2019.

Do you mean Sony exclusives? If not, then RE2 comes out in January, as well as KH3. I expect TLoU2 / DS to be on PS5.

Yes of the 4 exclusives Sony showed only Spiderman has a release date. Not going to say Microsoft/Sony/etc "won" E3 based off which developers/publishers they paid to showcase a 3rd party game during their presentation.

Microsoft conference was almost all 3rd party games as well. Their biggest news was them acquiring 6 new studios - which they sorely needed to do.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also have RDR-2 coming out with a lot of other titles that will be fun to play this fall/winter. RDR2 will chew up a TON of my time.

Fedor

<Banned>
DfdivwCWsAIPJql.jpg

• 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

I did not catch the stream from the Sony conference, but just watched a video from the POV of a attendee. While the logistic of it was a bit strange, there was a pretty neat idea: the first venue was a replica of the room the Last of Us 2 dance scene took place and the path from the first to the second venue was built in japanese wooden style with bamboos on the sides.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Square has already had their "conference" though, it was Sunday. I use quotes because it was just a pre-recorded video of trailers that lasted only a half hour with no mention of FF7 as well. I was pretty confident we'd see a little something during Sony's show, kinda surprised and apprehensive nothing was mentioned unless they plan to go all in next year.

They have Square Enix Fan Fest or whatever the fuck it's called in November.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
No Prime 4 info ...... no Retro info ...... o joy fire emblem, smash and pokemonz... wtf

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Prime 4 and Retro annoucement I was looking forward too, SMM I suck at hahaha(fun to fart around though) haven't bought a switch dont' plan on it forawhile so *shrug*

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I did not catch the stream from the Sony conference, but just watched a video from the POV of a attendee. While the logistic of it was a bit strange, there was a pretty neat idea: the first venue was a replica of the room the Last of Us 2 dance scene took place and the path from the first to the second venue was built in japanese wooden style with bamboos on the sides.

problem is, none of that was needed, the games spoke for themselves. if anything it was a detraction from those amazing looking games

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
So did I miss it or was RDR2 not shown? I thought that comes out this year?

Man fuck this next gen console shit already, they wont be out for two years. :(

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Seems that Rockstar has a booth there, but no show(which seems to be about the thing they do every year anyway)with there traction on games they really don't need to do "shows", they just have too announce and the fanboys shows up..

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
All the conferences were shit in E3 this year, Sony didn't do any better than Microsoft or Nintendo here.

It's a lose-lose unless you're oblivious. Multiplats win, which means PC is still the only real gaming machine to bother getting

• 3Picard
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Nintendo has their own conferences and have always shunned E3 despite it being the biggest western showroom, but even for them that "direct" felt lazy, uninspiring, and put together just to say they did something for E3, which is a shame. Sony definitely played with smoke and mirrors during their presentation and beneath the smoke there are question marks, but at least they put on a show and directed significant focus to upcoming titles. As someone who hasn't been following Sony closely, they caught my attention. I'm not sure I really want to play anything Sony showed during their conference, but it ended with me at least curious about several of them.