Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this movie a couple of nights ago for the first time. Really great movie! Glad I finally watched it and not sure how I missed it before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just watched this movie a couple of nights ago for the first time. Really great movie! Glad I finally watched it and not sure how I missed it before.
Hate to break it to you, but you've already watched it 134 times.

• 5Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All time loop movies where they remember what previously happened are bullshit. Why would an individual(s) brain be the only thing that changes from run to run?

at least in this movie, muscle memory seems to have changed as well. /shrug

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rita magically having her powers back makes no sense at all.

The reason they are such badasses is because the time they spent with the power allowed them to learn their absolute physical limits. Rita is already at this point at the beginning of the movie, Cage gets there after hundreds of repetitions of the day. He's effectively spent an entire year dedicated training.
Its way more than a year. He makes a reference (I forget exactly) and its implied it has been years of reboots/practice.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Subvert expectations and new character that will be bigger than the two leads... tranbo with a golf club to cruises head incoming.

A new character as strong as the two leads who keeps coming back when he should be dead...
hugh-jackman-the-wolverine.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Watched it again. And I just can't see how Rita getting it back can work.
Its set pretty firmly, they need to get the blood on/in them. when would have that have happened?
yes, we in theory are seeing this from the out of loop point of view. so we would have not seen it.
But alot happens before they see the alpha, to have gotten the blood on her again. so to say, well its that alpha at the very end, where she got it again, then they would have had to get through some insane shit the first run, for her to get back into a loop.

+she does get out of her bonds instantly. and makes note of time. as noted.
"they're coming", foretelling when some aliens are going to over run their position.
and when up against the alpha at the end, she flat out tells Cage "you won't make it 10 feet before you die". as if.. its happened before. and swaps jobs with him.
-at one point she asks, where the other soldiers are.
cage himself survives a number of crazy fights and actions without her direct interference. hes not looping, so why is he so good at predicting actions suddenly?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Watched it again. And I just can't see how Rita getting it back can work.
Its set pretty firmly, they need to get the blood on/in them. when would have that have happened?
yes, we in theory are seeing this from the out of loop point of view. so we would have not seen it.
But alot happens before they see the alpha, to have gotten the blood on her again. so to say, well its that alpha at the very end, where she got it again, then they would have had to get through some insane shit the first run, for her to get back into a loop.

+she does get out of her bonds instantly. and makes note of time. as noted.
"they're coming", foretelling when some aliens are going to over run their position.
and when up against the alpha at the end, she flat out tells Cage "you won't make it 10 feet before you die". as if.. its happened before. and swaps jobs with him.
-at one point she asks, where the other soldiers are.
cage himself survives a number of crazy fights and actions without her direct interference. hes not looping, so why is he so good at predicting actions suddenly?

I rewatched too. Totally agree. The fan theory was nice but not substantial.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just watched this again after seeing this thread a few hours ago. Forgot how much I liked this and, somehow, forgot how hot Emily Blunt is.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
everyone was bumping the thread, so i watched it again too. great movie. but there is NO WAY rita got her powers back. there may be an edit somewhere where she DOES get her powers back but not in the theatrical release. everyone keeps using the moment where she calls cage out for taking so long to get out of his restraints as a hint but she immediately follows that up with trying to kill cage to reset the day. she wouldn't do that if she knew he lost his powers, which she most definitely would have known if she had hers.

also, when they are about to infiltrate the louvre where the brain is, one of J squad mentions that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are they allowed to kill an alpha because if they do, the brain will just reset everything and move. the visions that Rita and Cage got about where the brain was, those were set up as traps, but they were also actually where the brain was prior to them getting their powers from the alpha. if rita got her powers back from killing an alpha, the whole last act would have just been another trap.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this again after seeing this thread a few hours ago. Forgot how much I liked this and, somehow, forgot how hot Emily Blunt is.

exactly what i did and exactly how i felt

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She''s really hot in this movie and in Looper and not that hot otherwise.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1WTF
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean she's not ugly by any stretch, but she's much hotter in Edge of Tomorrow than I've seen her anywhere else, maybe that's more in line with what Mist meant.

• 1Picard
  • 1Edgelord