Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
every grammy (is that the music one) country singer/rapper/autotune bitch winner, always thanks god for whispering words into their ears.

Rime

<Donor>
every grammy (is that the music one) country singer/rapper/autotune bitch winner, always thanks god for whispering words into their ears.
This is something that I have never understood.

You thank 'God' when you win, but when you lose? Do you blame him? It seems to me that you do not give someone all of the credit for good without the blame for bad.

Oh well.

Crazy religion stuff aside, Tom Cruise gets relatively high-budget science fiction produced. He may have plenty of misses, but even his worst drivel is still good enough to have a watch.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There was a sketch by Key and peele or someone like that to where the basketball team or whoever is blaming god for not winning the game, something a long the lines of "God wasn't there for us tonight"

Maybe it was this, pretty funny first time I saw itKurt Warner: "God Is To Blame For This Loss"
Tampa, FL (KE) -- Kurt Warner, the 37-year-old veteran quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals, blamed the Christian God for the team's heartbreaking loss to the Pittsburg Steelers in Sunday night's Superbowl XLIII. Speaking to a pool of gathered reporters outside the team's locker room, Warner stated, "I always credit God for my victories and earlier this week I said I had an advantage in tonight's game because of the power of Jesus. Clearly, however, Jesus let me down. And so I am not responsible for tonight's loss. If you want someone to blame, this one is 100% on the man upstairs."

For a while, it appeared that God would give the Cardinals their first Superbowl win in franchise history. But with time running out at the end of the second half, the Steelers, trailing by a field goal, managed to score the game-winning touchdown.

"Did you see the way that Santonio Holmes came down with that ball?" Warner asked sports reporters incredulously after the Superbowl. "Both his feet touched the inside of the endzone before he went flying out of bounds. You can clearly tell that invisible angels pushed his toes into the turf to give him that touchdown completion. Clearly, God made us lose."

God's abandonment of Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals was foreshadowed at the end of the first half, when Warner attempted a touchdown pass from the Steelers' one yard line, which was intercepted by Harrison and run back for a 100-yeard interception return and a touchdown. "That's really when I started to suspect that God and Jesus had forsaken me," Warner admits. "I walked in the faith of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. And how does he repay me? By feeding the fucking ball to Harrison and turning a Cardinal touchdown into a Steeler touchdown like it was water turning into wine."

Warner is also quick to notice that if that play had not been intercepted, the Cardinals would have won by ten points instead of losing by four. "God cost us the Superbowl," Warner stated, matter-of-factly. "It's as simple as that."

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea the guy doesn't phone it in, he works for it. he's not out there making alimony movies or loosing all respect like an adam sandler.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Just watched it, really great movie. I'm gonna mirror the general sentiment that Cruise is a great actor and kind of a shitty person. No reason you can't divorce those two, though.

Anyway, does anyone else think that the movie kind of lost its luster once he lost his power? The ending itself was alright, but once they had to go do the last thing, it sort of turned into regular old action movie shlock for me. Again though, all around great movie. The actual premise of the movie totally and completely invalidates how I felt about the last 10-15 minutes before the ending.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You mean the part they rewrote and completely deviated from the source material so it would be "more presentable to Western audiences" is in fact not more appealing? I'm shocked.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Haven't watched d it yet but based on this thread I will. Cruise is hit or miss for me.

My understanding is that "hollywood" did try and blacklist him and he basically said fuck you I have jew money and connections myself so did his own thing until they realized they were missing out on cruise profits... Still no love lost though.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Haven't watched d it yet but based on this thread I will. Cruise is hit or miss for me.

My understanding is that "hollywood" did try and blacklist him and he basically said fuck you I have jew money and connections myself so did his own thing until they realized they were missing out on cruise profits... Still no love lost though.
There was a feud with a studio over his cut, so he joined a different studio. His films make too much money for a single studio blacklist to work.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched it, really great movie. I'm gonna mirror the general sentiment that Cruise is a great actor and kind of a shitty person.
No one said he's a shitty person, not that I noticed. He is by most accounts a wonderful and thoughtful person who is a joy to be around and works his ass off. He's also part of an extra-crazy and shady religion, but that doesn't make him a shitty erson automatically.

Cool movie. Lots of fun. The initial montage of death was awesome.

So, it was a book first. Should I read that or just skip right to the manga?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Glad I'm not the only one who feels guily for enjoying tom's movies while not liking him IRL. Dealing with scientologists in clearwater sucks. I liked the movie a lot but the ending was shitty.

SPOILER

I also didnt understand why he was able to go back even further in time, at the end, when he got the power back..? was it because he didnt have some alien force working against him?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe blood from the "head" alien gives stronger powers than the captain aliens? Or maybe he reverted back to when the alien brain first "woke up"?

Arakkis

N00b
I will admit that I don't really know that much about his religion, I just don't see him doing anything really horrible and he seems to get a lot of shit. I also think the foundatiion of all religions is just so fucking retarded that I never gave much thought to who was more retarded. There are a lot more fucked up and weird people in hollywood then him and they seem to get a pass.
So you commented on something you know nothing about just so you could spout some edgy nonsense about religion. Yeah we get it, you are some sort of all in atheist. When you repeat yourself over and over about how much you hate religion and how stupid all religion is and uh I mean religion is just the worst right guys, you start to sound as annoying as a fundie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Glad I'm not the only one who feels guily for enjoying tom's movies while not liking him IRL. Dealing with scientologists in clearwater sucks. I liked the movie a lot but the ending was shitty.

SPOILER

I also didnt understand why he was able to go back even further in time, at the end, when he got the power back..? was it because he didnt have some alien force working against him?
It's just a hand wave to set up the ending they wanted. Don't worry about it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So you commented on something you know nothing about just so you could spout some edgy nonsense about religion. Yeah we get it, you are some sort of all in atheist. When you repeat yourself over and over about how much you hate religion and how stupid all religion is and uh I mean religion is just the worst right guys, you start to sound as annoying as a fundie.
I didn't say I know nothing about it you fucking moron. I said I didn't know much. So kindly go fuck yourself and pray to whatever bullshit you believe in.

Oldbased

> Than U
At the end he went back to when the Omega/Alphas had been resetting instead of when he was. The reason they were never able to stop him was his resets were within theirs is the take I took on it. He lost his but picked up the aliens resets which was father back along. A box in a box paradox box with a few more boxes and shit.

At the end he went back to when the Omega/Alphas had been resetting instead of when he was. The reason they were never able to stop him was his resets were within theirs is the take I took on it. He lost his but picked up the aliens resets which was father back along. A box in a box paradox box with a few more boxes and shit.
ehh, my impression was always that he killed the omega earlier in the day compared to when he killed the alpha (remember this was early in the morning, before the invasion happened. Reseting from there brings him back earlier than his original point. It makes sense that way.