Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
DS3.

Trust me on this. Elden Ring got me hyped for some replay so I loaded up DS2, played for a few minutes, then turned it off because I forgot how bad the combat felt after playing DS3/BB/Sekiro. Starting with DS3 the combat in Soulsborne games feels super tight and incredibly responsive. Going back to the older ones feels laggy.
Bloodborne is by far my favorite soulsborne game. Of the Dark Souls games I like 2 the best. The combat is probably the worst but it has the largest amount of builds and zones and bosses. The DLC is amazing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Bloodborne is by far my favorite soulsborne game. Of the Dark Souls games I like 2 the best. The combat is probably the worst but it has the largest amount of builds and zones and bosses. The DLC is amazing.

It was truly the most immersive and I get some crap for this opinion. The fire snake spell in DS3 vs 2, along with the hexes is a serious head scratcher on why it went the direction it did.

I know they "already did a remaster" of 2 with scholar of first sin and all, but I could use another go around.... more and more as time goes by.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think Chapelle said it best

If they give me this they can come over and fart on my dinner tonight

and u know they backing dumptrucks up on em, back-to-back like a rewind.

he's swimming in shit. another day another mil

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Why did this take so long to get anywhere, it looks EXACTLY like all the other games they've been doing in the last couple of years.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why did this take so long to get anywhere, it looks EXACTLY like all the other games they've been doing in the last couple of years.

I mean even though Hateyou Hateyou is joking, there is probably some truth to it haha. But really, open games are a bit more complicated than what they've been doing. It's a deviation in their production pipeline, which has obviously had continuous iteration & streamlining over the course of all these souls games. Probably a well-oiled machine at this point. I'm sure there was a lot of 'new' in terms of systems design.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It has the same production length as any majora AAA title. Work started in 2017, announcement in 2019, release in 2022. That's 5 years from start of work, 3 years from announcement.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It was truly the most immersive and I get some crap for this opinion. The fire snake spell in DS3 vs 2, along with the hexes is a serious head scratcher on why it went the direction it did.

I know they "already did a remaster" of 2 with scholar of first sin and all, but I could use another go around.... more and more as time goes by.

Not sure if this is a joke or not. You think they should have a second remaster of a game released 7 years ago? And the shittiest Souls game at that?

Thinking they should give Dark Soul 2 the Call of Duty/Madden treatment just can't be real

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All the dark souls games are fine and play very well in their various PC versions.

Bloodborne on the other hand is a fucking travesty that it never got an updated version capable of 60fps.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not sure if this is a joke or not. You think they should have a second remaster of a game released 7 years ago? And the shittiest Souls game at that?

Thinking they should give Dark Soul 2 the Call of Duty/Madden treatment just can't be real
I think the Dark Souls games released by From Software could be regularly reproduced to generate revenue for things like Elden Ring, sure. But having wipes and fresh rollups or seasons is probably the better answer. I love doing the bell bros on a fresh rollup so much.

And like I was saying about my opinion of #2.

Ya know, I had a retail wow player friend (that I barely talk to these days, mega libtard too if you'd believe it) quit at the sentinels and say it was the worst game ever made. Still gets a little sAmerican Inventor outta me remembering it.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think the Dark Souls games released by From Software could be regularly reproduced to generate revenue for things like Elden Ring, sure. But having wipes and fresh rollups or seasons is probably the better answer. I love doing the bell bros on a fresh rollup so much.

And like I was saying about my opinion of #2.

Ya know, I had a retail wow player friend (that I barely talk to these days, mega libtard too if you'd believe jt) quit at the sentinels and say it was the worst game ever made. Still gets a little sAmerican Inventor outta me remembering it.

Haha, that censor filter mishap made me s-n-i-g-g-e-r.

Censor filters should be voluntary.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You like dat lol

But ya DS2 really rattled my boy, way more than you'd think it would and he angrily refused phantom assistance. sux 2 b him. Gave me that whole men are from Mars vibe noticing our differences.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Pre-orders for a game that’s at least 7 months away.

Yep, checks out.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All the dark souls games are fine and play very well in their various PC versions.

Bloodborne on the other hand is a fucking travesty that it never got an updated version capable of 60fps.

I've always figured that this was by design. They aren't updating Bloodborne because they have big plans for it. Same as Demon Souls. While the 3 Dark Souls games get incremental improvements, look for Bloodborne to get a huge revamp.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe, isn’t the real difference with bloodbourne and demon souls is Sony owns them?

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've always figured that this was by design. They aren't updating Bloodborne because they have big plans for it. Same as Demon Souls. While the 3 Dark Souls games get incremental improvements, look for Bloodborne to get a huge revamp.

Dark Souls 3 is more recent than Bloodborne and never got the fps unlocked for xbox one x or the series X.

I think it's more that From has a hard cut off date for their games and once it's passed, it's passed